Remember one thing

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Tomorrow night at 6pm, no one will have died, no one will have gone forever, we will still support Newcastle United, everyone of us will still retain the deep love we have for this football club. It doesn't matter what happens, who snipes at us, all of the piss takes, all of the run downs, all of the abuse no one, no one can take away our love for this club, and that's what you should think to yourself win, lose or draw.

In every corner of this country there is someone who will rejoice at our demise should the worse come to the worst, regardless what we think of Sir John Hall, he made the club at one point briefly the second best in this country, with it came a national fanbase which was bourne of it, and I don't often talk like this, but I think for once you have to look and think these fans we garnered in the 90's, they've actually stuck with us through all of the shite, and many of them are still here, when they were kids they saw the passion of the club, how much it means to this city, and they seen something special. Because of that in every corner of the country, someone will know a Newcastle fan. Our league status over the last 15 years is immeasurably better than all of what I believe to be clubs who's potential isn't as great as our own. I've touched on it a few times but their animosity is bourne out of a bizare jealousy about how we're projected, how we view ourselves and how they perceive that we view ourselves. Tomorrow we stand shoulder to shoulder we live and die together, tomorrow if we go down it will be like standing together in front of a nuclear detonation - if we go down, we go down together, we'll come back, and we'll be just as envied the next time as well.

It's not over though, we'll be back, people pass through the club, managers, players, directors, we'll be there, we'll be back, I'd rather be Newcastle United in the Conference than any soulless succesful organisation where you're expected to politely applaud goals and chat cordially with opposition fans.

I wanted to put this song down because we can still do it, and I'm not pissed, I haven't had a drink all weekend, saving myself for tomorrow, but we're still there, this song is cheesy but it's how I feel tonight. Newcastle United Will Never Be Defeated

Tomorrow night at 6pm, no one will have died,

Tomorrow we stand shoulder to shoulder we live and die together, tomorrow if we go down it will be like standing together in front of a nuclear detonation - if we go down, we go down together, we'll come back, and we'll be just as envied the next time as well.

:lol:

But I like the sentiments Stevie. A shade dramatic comparing the championship with a post-apocalyptic land, and probably not the best comparison as it is decades before people can safely return to the site of a nuclear detonation...... and we'd probably die anyway.

I don't think relegation will upset me till the beginning of August, and only based on how the people who are responsible for relegation react to it.

And even if its an utter farce, I'll still be watching first day of next season, glad of the football season kicking off a week earlier and the 8 extra games

Good Post Stevie.

I would rather support Newcastle than any other club no matter where we are.

Everything else just seems gash in comparison.

we can change the words to one of our songs though if we do go down to this

"E-I-E-I-E-I-O

Down to the Championship we go

If we get to League 1, this is what we'll sing

WE'RE STILL GEORDIES

SUPER GEORDIES

SHEARER IS OUR KING!!"

ESPN Classic was just showing the last day of the season 2002/2003. Liverpool were playing Chelsea to see who would finish 4th and get a champions league spot. We already had 3rd place sewn up by then :lol:

Just 6 years ago, drawing at Inter, away trip to Barca, Shearers hatrick against Leverkusen.

The media bang on about us being deluded but we arent. . . 2 completely different newcastle teams in the last decade have mounted decent title challenges, and before Roman came along we were genuinely regarded as one of the top 4

93/94 3rd

94/95 6th

95/96 2nd

96/97 2nd

01/02 4th

02/03 3rd

03/04 5th

We may have won fuck all but the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City and Everton have a hell of a long way to go before they get anywhere near our record in this league

I guess I fit in to the category of one of the fans not borne of Newcastle but adopted in the early 90s - until that point I had never been interested in or even liked football. I've stuck with Newcastle United ever since, be it the good times or bad and I have no intention of ever changing - if we go down I see it as WE. I'm proud to be a fan of Newcastle United and I thank you for your post Stevie, it is exactly how I feel.

:lol:

as I guy I worked for used to say "They haven't poked you in the genitals with an electric cattle prod - it only FEELS that way.............."

Good post Stevie. I have been thinking about this for a while and I realised I am not a football fan I am a Newcastle fan. I do not watch any other football games just ones where Newcastle are concerned. if next season we are not there then the premier league to me will cease to exist and match of the day will be as relevant as eastenders.

Howay the lads