Championship football

2bias

We all knew it was inevitable yet now its happened its just a blank....

how do you all feel about our chances next season? i am personally worried all i can think of is Leeds United, Charlton, Southampton...

I'm sorry if you feel this is a pointless thread but i don't make many and i'm interested in what you guys think about this.

how do you all feel about our chances next season? i am personally worried all i can think of is Leeds United, Charlton, Southampton...

I'm sorry if you feel this is a pointless thread but i don't make many and i'm interested in what you guys think about this.

Depends on what happens over the summer and who is manager.. (owner I think being the right question..))>..

Anyone got a few mil to buy out Ashley?

Depends on what happens over the summer and who is manager.. (owner I think being the right question..))>..

Anyone got a few mil to buy out Ashley?

I genuinely do not believe we will go the way of Leeds or Charlton, but I can see it being very difficult to get out of the league. I can imagine us floating around the playoff region for most of the season.

Lots of its at the moment. If Shearer stays on, If JFK comes back, If Ashleys finds a buyer and so on. Needs to be sorted out sharpish so the "planning" can begin. Something else for MA to fuck up. Leave it until the new season and give the manager no time.

Money is nothing in this division. You can piss away quite a lot of money and achieve nothing (£1.6m on DJ Campbell... :lol: ), or you can do a lot with not much if you have a good structure in place to get some steel into a side. Having said that, if you don't get back up within the parachute payments, you're likely to find any debt constrictive enough to become a mid-table side and eventually go the way of Southampton, Norwich, us, etc. and slide down further - good quality but not real 'star' players are on around a tenth of Alan Smith's wages. Its all about the manager, really. No pressure then...

Edited by ImpossiblyDaft

I don't expect us to do a Leeds, we're not that much in financial trouble. But we HAVE to bounce back next season, which is difficult enough. I just hope every single player on overpaid contracts will leave and not just sit on them and stay on. Smith, Owen, Geremi, Duff, Viduka, Butt, CoLOLccini etc. -> FUCK OFF. If we can keep the likes of Stevie Taylor, Andy Carroll etc. and Shearer stays on, we have a chance.

West Ham are the team I keep thinking of... hopefully we can do even better than them in terms of keeping the stay out of the Prem short and sweet.

as things stand right now, I reckon you'd be in the play offs. Of course there is a whole lot of transfer activity to play out, but you are the biggest fish in that pond. A lot depends on your manager wheeling and dealing whoever he is. It is a damned hard division to get out of, but I doubt you'll do a Leeds. At worst you'll be in the same position as Coventry or Ipswich.

We can't say anything about how we do next season for now. Unless of course, the majority of those players today are still at the club, which will mean that we are well and truly fucked.

I'd want Shearer to employ a top top class scout. Someone above and beyond the calibre. We need a scouting system that matches the best of the premiership, we also need to get the youth production line running.

Fuck... I think I'm actually looking forward to the next season...

We can't say anything about how we do next season for now. Unless of course, the majority of those players today are still at the club, which will mean that we are well and truly fucked.

We stand half a chance if half of them wasters go..if alan is in charge then yeah i think we will bounce back.

And there's also this:

Just when we were looking good to get rid of Shola we go and get relegated. The guy is such a lucky bastard. He'll now be here until we get promoted playing every game next year with number 9 and still being lazy and shit as ever.

FML