Who's going to sign Owen?

TicTacWoe

Guest alex
I don't think he's going to not play somewhere just because he'll have to take a pay cut.

I can see a few teams offering him £50k + bonuses...that's still worth getting out of bed for tbf.

(just :wub:)

Especially as he's on a free.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think he is going to Everton and will gladly take a pay cut to go.

Mate of mine who is a blue bin dipper (grandfather has been a season ticket holder since before JC played Rb for the cunts, blah, blah, blah) is worried that Smith is still wanted by Moyes.

I think he'll retire and open a badly decorated fast food chain, called EMO's, where he'll dress up like Marty McFly and whisk around on his little skate board singing "Owner of a Lonely Heart, du de du der dum, owner of a broken heart". He'll personally oversee the serving of Goodfella's pizza (the UK's leading frozen pizza brand) and Coke Zero (Coca Cola Taste and Zero Calories).

Every Monday evening he'll have a quiz night (sponsored by Timotei - the original nature-inspired hair-care brand) soley featuring questions about his career with England and k-Liverpool, where he alternately invites in Emile Heskey and Stevie G to be Quizmaster and England's Michael Owen usually wins but if on occassion he doesn't he aggressively kicks everyone out crying that it's not his fault he never got past Gary Lineker, it was a conspiracy to sell more Walkers Crisps (just remember every crunch is the best of British!), but he's definitely better than Greavesy no matter what the statistics say.

If it's not the above I'm unlikely to follow his future movements.

Edited by trophyshy

:wub:

I imagine Owen being a 3rd rate TV pundit when he retires. I think he'll either go to Everton, Celtic, Rangers or the Boston Bombers. The MLS is the most likely destination if he thinks he needs big money.

Has our club captain actually said anything about us getting relegated yet? Pretty sure he can spare some time away from his agent\horses to utter a meaningless soundbite :wub:

Has our club captain actually said anything about us getting relegated yet? Pretty sure he can spare some time away from his agent\horses to utter a meaningless soundbite :wub:

What was the last thing our club captain actually said about the club ever?

Guest Stevie

I think we have at least 3 players on our books who would make the worst 10 value for money list in our history. He is one of them. I don't care where he goes, don't care about him, if he had an ounce of integrity he'd play for free for us next season like Damiano Tommassi did for Rome.

What was the last thing our club captain actually said about the club ever?

"On a personal basis, I am glad the last fortnight is over, I was angry with myself for missing that chance against Portsmouth and then disappointed to be left out of the starting line-up against my former club. I have known our manager ever since I started in the game and consider him to be a friend but there was no old pals' act as far as his decision-making was concerned.

"Though I was upset and felt that he was wrong – only last week the press pointed out that, even though I had only scored eight league goals this season, my conversion ratio was the best in the Premier League – what I can't fault is the way he handled the situation: strong, up front and honest. Just the way a top manager should be.

"I also appreciate that rotation is part of today's game and any number of top players were left out of the Champions League semi-finals for tactical or other reasons.

"Professionalism and discipline are important requirements in football, look at established managers like Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Fabio Capello – they build their success on enormous respect from their players.

"Apart from trying everything he possibly can to keep Newcastle in the top flight, the manager is also trying to instil good habits. He wants you supporters to be proud of this club for its achievements and standards both on and off the pitch.

"I wish you were able to see how professional and focused we all are. The management team have made certain that we are in the right frame of mind and each of us knows the job we have to do as individuals and as part of the team.

"The most important thing in all our lives at the moment is to get the right result and we know your support and encouragement will be terrific as always."

I think that was the boro game programme notes. Not sure what he said in the Fulham programme.

You cant expect him to do that, hes only made £1,244,666 per goal for us so far.

I mean how can he be expected to live on the pittance of £21,340,000 we've paid him in basic wages in his career.

You ungrateful bastard!

Kudos to the likes of Nedved, Buffon and Del Piero for sticking with Juve when they went down, although they didn't play for free, they did stick by their club.

I hate Owen. Can't stand him. But if he gets an epiphany and signs a deal with a pay cut, it's something we'll need if we want to go back up, a prolific striker. Let's be honest, we all hate him but we want his goals. If he pulls his socks up and signs a severly reduced contract I'd be happy to keep him here.

But I can imagine him going to someone like Everton or something. He's not done yet, he's just lost his passion because he's a cunt.

I hate Owen. Can't stand him. But if he gets an epiphany and signs a deal with a pay cut, it's something we'll need if we want to go back up, a prolific striker. Let's be honest, we all hate him but we want his goals. If he pulls his socks up and signs a severly reduced contract I'd be happy to keep him here.

But I can imagine him going to someone like Everton or something. He's not done yet, he's just lost his passion because he's a cunt.

Owen will do what's best for Owen and his England career. I think he'll go and it would be best for all concerned if he did imo.

Owen will do what's best for Owen and his England career. I think he'll go and it would be best for all concerned if he did imo.

Thank god he won't be here next year. The worst signing we ever made, considering wages plus fee. The overall cost must be over 30 million. We could have bought 4/5 excellent players for that kind of money.

Kudos to the likes of Nedved, Buffon and Del Piero for sticking with Juve when they went down, although they didn't play for free, they did stick by their club.

Difference being that we went down because we're shit, they went down because they were involved in a match fitching scandal. With them if they could keep the core of their team they were just about certainties to bounce straight back. In a years time they'd again be competing for the Serie A winners trophy. If Manchester United were stung for match fixing now I'm sure they'd be able to hold onto the majority of their players (with the exception of the heartless playing for themselves bastards like Ronaldo and Berbatov).

Thank god he won't be here next year. The worst signing we ever made, considering wages plus fee. The overall cost must be over 30 million. We could have bought 4/5 excellent players for that kind of money.

Yes, terrible with hindsight. I thought it was a good signing at the time though. I can't see the club wanting him to stay anyway, we need to trim the wage bill. Ditto Viduka. Luxury players.

Owen was nothing like our worse signing tbf. Disappointing perhaps but he's scored some important goals for us as well as missing them.

He's been injured but we got compensation for a lot of that.

Alan fucking Smith however....

Owen was nothing like our worse signing tbf. Disappointing perhaps but he's scored some important goals for us as well as missing them.

Luque? Boumsong?

Luque? Boumsong?

Marcelino???

Luque? Boumsong?

Marcelino???

No thanks I'm full

£ per goal? :wub: