I know this is ridiculous, but is the Premiership actually any fun?

Asprilla

• Constantly HOPING yours is the team to get a new owner who'll actually invest properly
  • The same 3 teams win it every year
  • Kick offs constantly moved with no regard for fans who've made travel arrangements
  • A higher percentage of plastic fans
  • Players who have no love for the club they play for
  • Shelling out go to Liverpool and knowing you're coming back over a hundred quid poorer but with no points

..feel free to add your own btw

shelling out money for most away games knowing you've been watching the worst footballing side in the league.

watching as a fat odious twat sinks your club into medicrity.

the premiership is the pinnacle ( along with the primera liga) of european football. currently we don't deserve to be there. hopefully that will change.

I've probably said this before but I met up with a couple of mates for West Ham in September who'd been talking to some Leicester fans ina bar at Euston. They were going to Orient and were absolutely loving being in League One and going to all these "daft" places though they obviously hoped it would only be once (as it turned out).

That's my positive outlook for next year - okay I've been to quite a few of the places before but there are some new ones, some I haven't been to for years and familar great days out (eg Ipswich, Peterborough).

Without a shit load of money or fluking a good manager (maybe Shearer who knows) we will never challenge at the top of the premier for the forseeable future. My only real hope for enjoying football again will be good days out with friends like it was years ago "when we were shit".

People have already mentioned how next year everybody will want to beat us and most away games will be their "cup finals" - bring it on.

It's fun to be classed as a big team and get those days out to Anfield and OT. Only at the start of the season did we come back from the 70,000 seater stadium home of the European Champions and the world player of the year, with a team full of International players, with a well-earned point and a feeling that we were really heading in the right direction.

Next season when we're playing in front of 12,000 away from home and still playing shit football with Shola up front against a team of players you've never heard of, you'll long for the days of the PL.

It's fun to be classed as a big team and get those days out to Anfield and OT. Only at the start of the season did we come back from the 70,000 seater stadium home of the European Champions and the world player of the year, with a team full of International players, with a well-earned point and a feeling that we were really heading in the right direction.

Next season when we're playing in front of 12,000 away from home and still playing shit football with Shola up front against a team of players you've never heard of, you'll long for the days of the PL.

In the last 5 years I've seen us win away 11 times, it's cost hundres if not thousands of pounds on tickets etc so might be a nice change to go to some of the "smaller grounds" around the country and not have to pay £3.50/4.00 a pint £2.50 for a pie. Be able to stand on terraces (Peterbourogh), not so many trips to London, 3pm Saturday ko and you never know we might be even get referees who dont think they are tv stars and bigger than the game itself

putting an optimistic hat on, i'm hoping that we enjoy a season challenging for a top 2 or play off spot. a decent season in a competitive league might make supporting newcastle fun again. it would be great to enjoy next season instead of dreading match days like i have for the last 18 months or so. i'm struggling to remember a season in recent years that i enjoyed more than the promotion year when cole and kelly were banging them in.

It's the best league in the world and I can understand why we would try and temper the pain that we feel because we're going to miss out on it. I tell you what, the Premiership is fun... just Newcastle in the Premiership is fucking awful.

It's the best league in the world and I can understand why we would try and temper the pain that we feel because we're going to miss out on it. I tell you what, the Premiership is fun... just Newcastle in the Premiership is fucking awful.

I disagree.

[*]The same 3 teams win it every year

I know we're supposed to have a 'big four' (as those nauseatingly advertised Super Duper Grand Slam Soapy Titwank Sundays remind us), but it's not even that competitive - Man Utd are adopting a stealthy dominance of the league once again, three times in a row they've won it now.

It's fun when you're winning but misery when you not. But that's true of football full stop IMO rather than specifically the Premiership - don't remember those trips to Southend and Oxford back in early 1992 being much fun when we came home with 4-0 and 5-2 defeats...

I disagree.

Now don't start this again Bramley. I will assure you that the "Pro-Evo" league does not fucking count!

[*]The same 3 teams win it every year

I know we're supposed to have a 'big four' (as those nauseatingly advertised Super Duper Grand Slam Soapy Titwank Sundays remind us), but it's not even that competitive - Man Utd are adopting a stealthy dominance of the league once again, three times in a row they've won it now.

Its not any more competitive than the SPL..

Man United have won it three times in a row and nobody else really looked like winning it this year.

I disagree. They won it by 4 points - same margin as they did when we 'lost it' in '96. Liverpool threw it away this season with cheap home draws IMO.

:lol: Scouse apologist

(fwiw I think Tom's wrong, Liverpool had the chance to win it, but you have to credit Man U, they just refuse to go quietly into the night.... why the fuck did I just type that out? How ridiculous does it read? No more ridiculous than that which followed... which I'm still typing.)

The Premiership is not fun because:

1. One of the so-called big 4 wins all the time, and the big 4 have closed off the top places.

2. The gap is so big between those with money and the others is so big, many teams (us included) turn up to Old Trafford with the hope of not being arse raped.

3. There is as much off-field crap from team boardrooms, agents and players as there is action on the pitch.

4. Players are greedy, egotistical cunts who cannot wait to jump ship and sit on the bench of Man Utd reserves in the vain hope of getting a game.

5. Fans of so-called big clubs dominate the airwaves and spend all their energy boasting and slagging off other teams. They do not care for football, as they use it as a badge to big themselves up.

6. No team can rise through the ranks and impress without spending £40m per season and selling all their players to big 4 teams.

I just wish all the G 14 teams did fuck off and have their Euro Super League. With any luck Liverpool and Man Utd will soon implode with their debts.

1. One of the so-called big 4 wins all the time, and the big 4 have closed off the top places.

2. The gap is so big between those with money and the others is so big, many teams (us included) turn up to Old Trafford with the hope of not being arse raped.

3. There is as much off-field crap from team boardrooms, agents and players as there is action on the pitch.

4. Players are greedy, egotistical cunts who cannot wait to jump ship and sit on the bench of Man Utd reserves in the vain hope of getting a game.

5. Fans of so-called big clubs dominate the airwaves and spend all their energy boasting and slagging off other teams. They do not care for football, as they use it as a badge to big themselves up.

6. No team can rise through the ranks and impress without spending £40m per season and selling all their players to big 4 teams.

I just wish all the G 14 teams did fuck off and have their Euro Super League. With any luck Liverpool and Man Utd will soon implode with their debts.

Spot on

+1

Sad but true mate - i was thinking the other day like when you look at some of the teams in the prem I know we took a couple of thumpings this season but could be nowt to next season - i reckon there could be some proper cricket scores - present company excepted of course

Under Keegan it was fun.

Under Daglish it was still fun.

Under Gullit it was sort of fun (more "FUN!!!11 :wub:" maybe)

Under Robson it was fun.

Since then not so much, and the more the "top 4" consolidate the top 4 the less fun it is.

But it's still better to be a middling fish in a big pond dominated by leviathans, than a big fish in a small pond.