Krul or Foster in goal then?

Flair

I want Krul to be the no1, Harper is ok as a back up, I mean yesterday he made that save, but he made it look good and others could easily of caught it, he's too slow at getting the ball back in play which is a pain in the ass if were losing and clearing is shocking. It's either in row z even if their is a Newcastle player about, and yesterday I lost count of how many times he kept the ball when a player was coming onto him, instead of kicking it away, he also likes to take them on.

And I can't say anthing more about Krul then Palermo. It speaks for itself.

Whilst I do rate Krul through what I have seen of him at his time at Falkirk, you cannot judge a player on one game.

David Marshall was just as good against Barcelona for Celtic.

I agree, but what I have seen of him at acadamy level and from his time on loan, he semmed good.

So we take a proven shot stopper out of the team for what reason exactly?

The youngsters will still be young in a season or two.

Harper is a very good goalkeeper, its the rest of the team that needs adjusting.

Idiot.

I disagree.

Harper is a good shot stopper, but on the whole a poor goalkeeper.

Is the correct answer :lol:

Time to give Krul a chance IMHO

I think most of these clips are from that Palermo game.

That save for Falkirk against Rangers is on a par with the one Seaman did in the cup semi-final that year that everyone wanked over...

Time he had a chance IMO :lol:

Why is that because a deflected shot that probably no other keeper would have got to went past him?

No because he can't develop any further. Time for young talent to be given the chance. Idiot, I also pointed that out.

Is that you Derek? Is that the Villa or Arsenal model your following?

I'm not desperate to see Harper moved on but from the little I've seen of Krul and what I heard of him at Falkirk (he was apparently very commanding in the air which impressed them more than his shot stopping), I'd be more disapointed losing him than Harper.

Too many times this season after Given left I was dissapointed in the way that Harper stays within the 6 yd box. On more than one occasion on Sunday I was amazed that he wasn't out to get to the ball sooner.

It's time for Krul to step up.

i agree that harper isn't the greatest of keepers, he can save a ball but his distribution is shocking to say the least, we should give either krul or foster a chance.

Harper's looked dodgy a wee bit too often. Whether it's because of Sideshow Bob et al is debatable. Still think he'll start next season, but Krul will be breathing down his neck. Assuming he isn't sold.

Why is that because a deflected shot that probably no other keeper would have got to went past him?

No because he can't develop any further. Time for young talent to be given the chance. Idiot, I also pointed that out.

Is that you Derek? Is that the Villa or Arsenal model your following?

Aye I am. My next promise is that I will get this club into league 1. :wub:

• 2 months later...
Arsenal are in talks with Newcastle United over keeper Tim Krul. The young Dutchman has been on loan with Carlisle but found his opportunities limited at St James' Park. Arsene Wenger was interested in the keeper prior to him signing for the Tyneside club and is likely to land his man at the second time of asking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490