Alan Shearer to discuss four-year deal at Newcastle

Scottish Mag

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUTT

FORMER England and Man Utd midfielder Nicky Butt always gives his all and rarely lets the side down - like some others. No goals in 33 starts this season, though.

CONTRACT: Expired - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £78,787.

VALUE FOR MONEY? Yes.

APPEAR TO CARE? Yes

Bookings 7

Penalties given away 3 (?)

Number of stupid fouls 824

Missplaced passes 50 per game

Value for money? my arse

It's awfully lazy journalism anyway. Jonas has 4 assists actually (not that it would make it that much better). But a quick look at the official statistics costs about half a minute...

If we get Carver back, Rob Lee in and ditch the high earning wastrels, as well as Shearer and Dowie staying on with a bit of cash to spend I'll feel quite optimistic about our chances.

After a couple of days reflection I'm actually looking forward to what should be a more entertaining season for us (providing the right things happen soon). We've been lounging round the bottom end of the Prem for the last few years since Sir Bobby left, not doing much other than disappointing the fans. Hopefully in the Championship we'll kick back in to gear and rebuild the club to being better for everyone, there should be more excitement anyways.

If we get Carver back, Rob Lee in and ditch the high earning wastrels, as well as Shearer and Dowie staying on with a bit of cash to spend I'll feel quite optimistic about our chances.

After a couple of days reflection I'm actually looking forward to what should be a more entertaining season for us (providing the right things happen soon). We've been lounging round the bottom end of the Prem for the last few years since Sir Bobby left, not doing much other than disappointing the fans. Hopefully in the Championship we'll kick back in to gear and rebuild the club to being better for everyone, there should be more excitement anyways.

It might be difficult in a few (maybe most) cases.

Could be a situation of letting them go for free and even still paying some of the buggers wages at other clubs. :wub:

Guest alex
Our demise is a fucking party for lazy shit journalists.

Because the common man simply doesn't care to question them.

Aye, most people reading their stuff haven't got the faculties to make an analysis anyway.

Going to be an Alan Shearer and friends set up by the looks of it. Wouldn't surprise me if Lineker, Hanson and Lawrenson are the next three to arrive behind the scenes :wub:

Edited by Revolver

SSN says Ashley has flown up to Newcastle to meet Shearer.

Very nice of him. At least he never made Shearer fly to London.

Also completely unrelated Jermaine Beckford has been put up for sale.

Could be a good signing, for someone...

Very nice of him. At least he never made Shearer fly to London.

He wouldn't feckin dare!

Can you imagine?.......

Hasn't stopped him before though has it?

You mean to say our kind, caring owner pissed off back to London straight after the match on Sunday?

Fucking hell, I thought he was an astute businessman? Couldn't give a fuck could he?