Morgan ready for Newcastle test

Tom

Peterborough defender Craig Morgan has already promised fellow Championship newcomers Newcastle a tough time next season.

craigmorgan_642512.jpg

The Magpies suffered final day heartbreak as their relegation fate was sealed with a 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa and Posh centre-back Morgan has been quick to remind Alan Shearer's side of the challenge they face in the second tier.

"It will certainly be interesting playing at St James' Park," Morgan told the club's official website.

"I watched the game against Aston Villa and it was the last throw of the dice for them, but they never really looked like getting something from the match and believe me, it is going to be difficult for them to bounce back straight away.

"It will be a difficult place to go with the large crowd behind them and if they get a bit of momentum then I am sure they will be there or thereabouts, but the Championship is a very tough league to get out of as many big teams have found in recent seasons.

"If you catch them on an off day, or early on in the season, you could cause an upset and we will be positive when we play them. Don't get me wrong, for a lot of players at Peterborough it is a real dream come true to be playing at places like St James' Park."

A dose of reality.

A player I have never heard of is already desperate to beat us.

and another...

Scunthorpe winger Martyn Woolford admitted it was "hard to believe" he will be playing the likes of Newcastle and Middlesbrough next season.

Woolford, 23, was playing at Northern Counties East outpost Glasshoughton Welfare just four years ago and only made his league debut this term after signing from York.

But he was outstanding at Wembley, creating two goals before scoring the 85th-minute strike which saw Scunthorpe beat Millwall 3-2 to return to the Championship at the first time of asking.

He said: "It's amazing, it's a dream come true for me.

"I was playing in front of less than 2,000 fans last year so to play in front of 60,000 at Wembley is overwhelming. It hasn't really kicked in yet what we have achieved but I'm sure it will over the next few days.

"To go from the Conference to the Championship in a year is a great achievement and it's hard to believe really. Newcastle and Middlesbrough are both big clubs and I can't wait to go and play there now."

How come nobody is gushing about playing Boro?

All day today Sky news have been showing the 2 toon fans who looked disappointed at Villa Park, and interviewing every street urchin they can find.

Relishing in our fall.

How come nobody is gushing about playing Boro?

All day today Sky news have been showing the 2 toon fans who looked disappointed at Villa Park, and interviewing every street urchin they can find.

Relishing in our fall.

I laugh when everyone says we arn't a big club, but when ever anything happens, the media is straight their just to prove them wrong.

And why is everyone saying we are going to do a Leeds?, maybe we can do a Blackburn or do what other teams have done, and go straight back up.

Because some people want us to do a Leeds.

Then they will have a top flight of Burnley's and Hull's and they will be happy.