Wages are the core of our demise.

Park Life

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But why?

For a long time we had the same amount of cash as them.

And that's exactly my point. We pissed a lot of it up the wall without laying enough foundations on the playing front. We also made some staggeringly bad decisions on managers. When there's a revolving door policy on managers it makes everything much worse, as each new man rips it up and starts again. That's still not an argument for a DoF by the way :wub:

But why?

And that's exactly my point. We pissed a lot of it up the wall without laying enough foundations on the playing front. We also made some staggeringly bad decisions on managers. When there's a revolving door policy on managers it makes everything much worse, as each new man rips it up and starts again. That's still not an argument for a DoF by the way :wub:

Say after 4/5 years or however long, wouldn't it make sense to retain Shearer as a dir?

But why?

Say after 4/5 years or however long, wouldn't it make sense to retain Shearer as a dir?

Depends what his remit is. Fergie doesn't seem to mind Bobby Charlton being a director for instance.

re. Injuries.

Hasn't it been said by several managers that there's a surface problem at the Training ground?

Is this bollocks?

I remember that. Can't help thinking though some of it is down to gambling on player's fitness in our desperation to sign them. Some of our signings - Carr, Babayaro, Owen, Viduka for instance - had well documented injury problems before we signed them.

re. Injuries.

Hasn't it been said by several managers that there's a surface problem at the Training ground?

Is this bollocks?

I remember that. Can't help thinking though some of it is down to gambling on player's fitness in our desperation to sign them. Some of our signings - Carr, Babayaro, Owen, Viduka for instance - had well documented injury problems before we signed them.

Signing crocked players became a bit of a (annoying) speciality for us.

Hoping this summer sees some Fit players coming in.

Winsper's presence may also see things improve.

Wasn't he here when we made a habit of winning loads of games in the last 20 mins under SBR?

Sevilla are reportedly ready to raid relegated North East duo Newcastle and Middlesbrough.

The Spanish giants' sporting director Ramon Gonzalez Monchi is working on the club's targets for the summer.

And two names near the top of their wanted list are Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Afonso Alves of Middlesbrough.

Sky Sports website.

Edited by Martin

re. Injuries.

Is this bollocks?

Couple have mentioned it, if anything was ever done :wub:

Must be something somewhere though, as we always seem to be top or there abouts in the Premiership injury table (although not next season obviously :lol:).

re. Injuries.

Is this bollocks?

Must be something somewhere though, as we always seem to be top or there abouts in the Premiership injury table (although not next season obviously :lol:).

It was too hard wasn't it. It has been re-done iirc.

The inj prob is to do with dodgy transfers imho.

Guest alex
re. Injuries.

Is this bollocks?

It was too hard wasn't it. It has been re-done iirc.

The inj prob is to do with dodgy transfers imho.

Aye.

Not sure if it has been said but apparently we can't get rid of Raylor or Nolan as they are January signings.

I'm sure there'd be a way round that, for example doing a 6month loan until January with an agreed transfer fee making it permanent.

Look at the exaggerated wages in The Daily Mail :wub:

WHO WILL GO AND WHO WILL STAY?

WORTH KEEPING:

NICKY BUTT £60,000 a week — a leader who will be needed.

STEVEN TAYLOR £40,000 — a proud Geordie who will want to make amends.

DANNY GUTHRIE £40,000 — will do well in Championship.

SHOLA AMEOBI £40,000 — Football League is his level.

STEVE HARPER £30,000 — deserves a run as No 1.

RYAN TAYLOR £30,000 — should pick up in lower level.

ON THEIR WAY:

MICHAEL OWEN £105,000 — out of contract, needs a new club.

DAMIEN DUFF £70,000 — says he wants to stay (yeah, right).

OBAFEMI MARTINS £70,000 — on the first plane out of Tyneside, never to be seen again.

ALAN SMITH £60,000 — strangely has a list of clubs who want him.

MARK VIDUKA £60,000 — Aussie beaches beckon.

GEREMI £60,000 — odds on for a Turkish club who need a 40-plus player.

JONAS GUTIERREZ £50,000 — cost £5.6m but no use now.

HABIB BEYE £50,000 — one of few to leave with integrity intact.

IGNACIO GONZALEZ £50,000 — who indeed?

CACAPA £40,000 — one of the worst Brazilians ever.

SEBASTIEN BASSONG £30,000 — one of Newcastle’s few assets.

PETER LOVENKRANDS £20,000 — brief loan spell to end.

KEVIN NOLAN £50,000 — January signing which backfired.

HARD TO SHIFT:

JOEY BARTON £60,000 — who would be mad enough to buy him?

JOSE ENRIQUE £60,000 — cost £6m, which was £6m too much.

FABRICIO COLOCCINI £60,000 — he was frighteningly bad.

XISCO £50,000 — an expensive flop.

What a load of shit.

Lovenkrands wasn't on loan, there's no way we're paying Gonzalez's (who, as predicted, was a total invisible man all season) entire wages, that's not even really the right fee for Jonas (is it?), R. Taylor is certainly not worth keeping and let's not even mention Shola, laughable comment on Enrique, etc.

I figure we can send Xisco back to Spain, Shearer will find a way to cut Barton's contract short (or, more likely, Fat Sam will come in for him) and most of this overpaid shite will get shifted.

To keep:

Harper

S. Taylor

Guthrie (Don't rate him in the least but he won't be on much and we will need squad players.)

Beye

Enrique

Jonas

Bassong (both he and Jonas are long gone but I still want to keep them)

Everyone else should be rounded up and shipped off, plus banned from coming within a circular area of Newcastle whose radius extends roughly to Sheffield. Armed guards should be posted and offenders shot on sight.

Why on earth would we want to keep gutierrez? He is fucking useless.

hear hear, one assist (i think) and no goals = not good enough for an attacking winger!

4 assists

He's world class at running around though isn't he.

That's about the strength of it. This is the whole scouting issue thing again. Other clubs watch players 5/6/7 times we probably watched him once. :wub:

Guest alex

I think he still should have at least been one of the people who got on on Sunday, you can't tell me he isn't one the 14 best players we had available. I also think he'll do quite well if he goes to a decent club (may well be back in Spain).