The Next FM Challenge

Andrew

Just started this, trying to sell everyone apart from the kids and the back four (other than Colo)to be honest. Keeping the kids that look like they've got potential. Searching for a Back room staff of note. Want to get some decent cash for t Xisco, Martins et al

Put most of the players on transfer list and scouring the world for young talent.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October of my first season.

OUT :

Geremi

Barton

Nolan(on loan initially)

Ameobi(in Jan)

Cacapa(in Jan)

I really want Smith, Duff and Viduka shifted too.

IN:

Parejo

Sneijder(ajax)

Appiah

Saviola

Skjelbred

Gibson(loan)

Leto(loan)

Reto Zeigler(coming in Jan)

I started off well enough, unbeaten until recently, but I've hit a slump with no win in 4. Skjelbred and Jonas getting injured hasn't helped.

I tend to line up like :

Martins-Saviola

Leto-Skjelbred-Appiah-Jonas

Enrique-Collo-Saylor-Beye

Krul

Or else I'll play Owen up top(dropping Jonas) and play Guthrie insead of Leto.

I reckon Beye will be off soon enough, plenty of bids in for him. Saylor, Collo and Enrique have lots of interest too.

Any tactic suggestions, or players I should defo go for? I feel my midfield is weak.

Unbeaten in 14 games now. have won 11 league games in a row. Only drawn against west ham in the league cup semi final second leg as I played a couple of kids.

Lampard settling nicely. Bought Agbonlahor for 15 million to play right wing and up top, scored against Chelsea on debut and then got injured. B)

Only 9 games into this (I don't play much and when I do I take my time!) and have a nice 6 point gap from second place so sitting nice at the top of the Championship. Trying to blood in my purchases which include Lallana and Thompson from Southampton (both have good potential according to scouts) and a guy called Paulo Henrique who can supposedly become better than Vela will. Changed around the whole Newcastle philosophy and am winning games by 1 or 2-0 without conceding. Only conceded goals in two of my nine games, but conceded none since switching to a new tactic.

Signed Beckham for 2.5m

Signed Ben Foster for 1.1m

Sold Smith for 1.2m

Ryan Taylor for 1.5m

Xisco for 4.1m

Cacapa for 350k

Lovenkrands is leaving on a pre contract

I have a bid in for Fat Ronaldo, but in general I'm struggling for the better players. I was hoping to do some deals for good players coming to the end of their contracts, nothing doing though. Maybe when I'm promoted.

Barney the 4 or 5 you mentioned who seem impossible to move on are proving the same for me. Gits!

Cacapa won't budge, despite Wigans repeated bids. Had to loan out Colo, Gutierrez, Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

i'm 11th after 8 games, with Reading top of the pile. "Mike Ashley is happy to stay at the club" B)

Got Nolan, Ameobi and Xisco on their way in January (Xisco for £6.5 Million, which was nice). Bringing in Lloyd James from Southampton, Fausto Rossi from Juve, Frederico Laurito from Udinese and I have bids accepted and contracts on the table for Danny Rose from Spurs and Ever Banega from Valencia. Spurs are also interested in Banega so he will probably go there, but I'm hoping that he decides to come play for me instead!

If you can't tell, I'm trying to build up a strong young team that will come good just as I move up into the Premiership. If I do get promoted (which is nearly a certainty) then I might have to bring in a few more experienced heads around the age of 24-25 just to make sure I have the quality there that is already quality!

EDIT: Just got my first "Ashley looking to step aside" news message ^^

EDIT2: Take over talks are rife in Newcastle! Woop woop!

EDIT3: Takeovers just take the piss on this game. It's either progressing well or it's on the rocks. This is stupid >_<

Takeover not happened B)

Edited by Revolver

Barney the 4 or 5 you mentioned who seem impossible to move on are proving the same for me. Gits!

Cacapa won't budge, despite Wigans repeated bids. Had to loan out Colo, Gutierrez, Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

i'm 11th after 8 games, with Reading top of the pile. "Mike Ashley is happy to stay at the club" B)

May I ask why you're trying to shift Colo and Jonas?

Cacapa went for me in January, around 15 teams put bids in for him. Metz kept trying for him though and he'd never acccept their wages.

I never played Raylor, always had him on the bench though, and a few clubs went for him before Jan for £1.5m. I got Nolan out on a .5m for loan with a future 3.5m fee. I have fo pay half his wages though. I can't shift Duka/Duff or Butt though. I sold Guthrie to City for £4.9m, which I was delighted with. They're trying for Jonas at the minute.

I signed fat Ronaldo for £3m and Beckham for something similar. Becks has been really good scoring a couple of winners, Ron picked up two slight knocks in the 2 brief appearances that he's made for me-hopefully not a bad sign!

I'm 2nd in the league, WBA were pissing it, but I've narrowed the gap. Skjelbred, Appiah, Owen and Saviola have been fantastic.

I'm hoping once I've guaranteed promotion, there's be a better quality of players interested in coming to me.

No word from Ashley regarding his happiness or any takeovers so far.(mid Feb)

Guthrie was one of my top players in the Championship. Vela was my overall top goalscorer/top assist maker/top rated player, and I have managed to snap him up for the £5 Million agreed at the start of the loan! Had to wait til I had secured promotion til he would sign the contract but I wasn't complaining!

Slightly overspent so the club are currently in the red, but I have just got this message:

consort.jpg

Game on!

Carling Cup winner second season. Liverpool put me out the FA cup but I made them pay in the league cup final.

Sitting 7th at the moment. Might make 5th at a push but 4th just a bit to much to ask after my bad start.

Finally got taken over by that consortium. Got a ton of money to spend now but I'm in the last week of the transfer window because the bloody embargo stayed even when the new board were in >_>

Cacapa went for me in January, around 15 teams put bids in for him. Metz kept trying for him though and he'd never acccept their wages.

I never played Raylor, always had him on the bench though, and a few clubs went for him before Jan for £1.5m. I got Nolan out on a .5m for loan with a future 3.5m fee. I have fo pay half his wages though. I can't shift Duka/Duff or Butt though. I sold Guthrie to City for £4.9m, which I was delighted with. They're trying for Jonas at the minute.

I signed fat Ronaldo for £3m and Beckham for something similar. Becks has been really good scoring a couple of winners, Ron picked up two slight knocks in the 2 brief appearances that he's made for me-hopefully not a bad sign!

I'm 2nd in the league, WBA were pissing it, but I've narrowed the gap. Skjelbred, Appiah, Owen and Saviola have been fantastic.

I'm hoping once I've guaranteed promotion, there's be a better quality of players interested in coming to me.

I just wanted a complete clear-out to be honest, maybe a bad move initially but things are settling and I'm making progress up the league, Kevin Doyle and Steven Fletcher up front are a deadly combination.

Did you stick with Harper? I'm playing Krul in goal, he's decent enough.

I just wanted a complete clear-out to be honest, maybe a bad move initially but things are settling and I'm making progress up the league, Kevin Doyle and Steven Fletcher up front are a deadly combination.

I have, wanted to pick up pletikosa in jan ideally but I was/am scared of spending the money since our balance seems to be dropping every month

looks like im getting llambias as my new owner :)

Not a bad idea. I wanted to hang onto Colo and Jonas though and now there's huge interest in them, so I don't respond to any transfer rumours, and I've so far reveived a £9m bid for Jonas from City, which I rejected.

I started with Harper, but I didn't think he was good enough, so I tried Krul for half a season and he was a bit better. His value went up loads and there's a bit if interest in him. I signed both of ManU's reserve keepers for a combined £2m. Foster is now my regular man, and I'll see how he works out until next season.

You did well getting Foster at that price. I took Gibson on loan from them and stuck him in midfield alongside Delph. Guthrie is on the right and Sebastian Leto or Chris Brunt on the left. I agree with the bank balance thing, mine is falling at a bit of an alarming rate too. Unlucky getting Llambias as your new owner though! B)

Having to buy more memory as this thing is slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. It demands 512 Ram, and I think my computer has 500 ish, but I'm going to buy another 1gig just so that it can run this and have the mouse move at the same time without churning on for half an hour <_<

llambias informs you that there are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage <_<

if anything could make me hate that cunt any more than I already do

You did well getting Foster at that price. I took Gibson on loan from them and stuck him in midfield alongside Delph. Guthrie is on the right and Sebastian Leto or Chris Brunt on the left. I agree with the bank balance thing, mine is falling at a bit of an alarming rate too. Unlucky getting Llambias as your new owner though! <_<

I thought I had the books balanced with a decent FA cup run and selling a host of players. I have the wage 112k below what it should be, too.

However, I sent Gibson back to ManUtd though as I thought I should cut costs as the balance has gone a bit wobbly in recent weeks.

League Cup winners and 7th placed after 2nd season.

Only transfer so far has been Berba for 12 million (Have the next Berba in my Ranks too). Looking for another CB and will leave the rest of the 100 million till something good comes up.

slightly off topic, but how easy is attaching new RAM to a Dell desktop? and given that FM09 is pretty much the only game I play on the Desktop, is there any merit in my buying a graphics card?

trying to sign Acosta, but he's not keen. Got Skjelbred, Prieto from Sevilla with many more hopefully on the way in.

slightly off topic, but how easy is attaching new RAM to a Dell desktop? and given that FM09 is pretty much the only game I play on the Desktop, is there any merit in my buying a graphics card?

trying to sign Acosta, but he's not keen. Got Skjelbred, Prieto from Sevilla with many more hopefully on the way in.

very, you'll either have two slots of four, the ram cards need to be set up in pairs (ie both 512s or both 1gbs) or on their own

http://www.build-your-own-computer-tips.com/install-ram.html here you go

Cheers fella <_<

Dunno whether or not to get two 1G slots then. MrMemory says it'll cost £24 where as two 512Mb would only be £16.

Back on track...

3 games left in the season, I'm 3pts behind leaders WBA, with a superior goal difference.

However, everytime nufc are mentioned it's "cash-strapped nufc" or "Penniless nufc".

Anyone had this before? Am I gonna be in administration? Do I hold off till I'm promoted? Do I sell one of my better players?

Dump your reserves mate, get rid of your scouts, You should still be able to get rid of most staff by mutual consent.

It might be worth having a look at the players who're getting large appearance bonuses and benching them for a while. If you've only got 3 games left then you'd probably be ok, have you had the old "takeover talks" thing?

Nope, not one. Everytime I get info on one of my players it mentions "but he may find his place under threat due to the worsening financial crisis".

I just finished 2nd and got £1m in transfer payments for Milner and Given. Hopefully that will keep me safe for a while.