Mike Ashley - Statement

nodrick

SEEING Newcastle United relegated from the Premier League has been a catastrophe for us all.

I fully accept that mistakes were made during this and previous seasons and I am very sorry for that.

I would like to say sorry to our magnificent supporters who have turned up in their thousands, home and away, up and down the country and who have given the team amazing backing throughout.

And I would also say sorry to all of the Club's hard-working staff, who have gone about their jobs all year long.

Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Alan and his staff did all they could to try and keep us up in the short space of time they had.

Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this Club forward again.

JUST FROM NUFC.CO.UK

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough talking, just give Shearer whatever he wants and get this fucking contract tied up you fat cunt.

Then we can begin to move forward.

this ^

nothing said in that statement

reading this out word for word on SSN right now lol

At least he kinda spoke, and we now know his main intention is to keep Shearer.

Hopefully...

Edited by ChriszyD

thats true, but why has he put out this statement before appointing alan, surely it would have been best to say this and then end with "that's why alan has been appointed etc etc"

let's hope there hasn't been a sticking point!!

thats true, but why has he put out this statement before appointing alan, surely it would have been best to say this and then end with "that's why alan has been appointed etc etc"

let's hope there hasn't been a sticking point!!

You do get a feeling that there's a catch in place, like in his cheap sportwear offers.

Why do I feel suspicious about this statement? :wub:

because it came from mike ashley maybe??

Maybe I should have worded that better, I'm suspicious about the timing of the statement.

Maybe I should have worded that better, I'm suspicious about the timing of the statement.

Me too, wasnt there something very similar when Keegan resigned?

Me too, wasnt there something very similar when Keegan resigned?

just had a look on the official site and the only thing i could find from mike ashley were the statement saying he was selling the club and that he was then not going to be selling the club.

the amount of time it's all taking shows shearer is obviously demanding ashley gives him total control over the playing staff and a healthy transfer budget to get us back up. this is good news. he's got ashley back into a corner - if he doesn't give al what he wants and he walks, fans will stay away in thousands and give him hell. his only other option will be to sell up. if i was a neutral, i'd be fascinated watching to see how it pans out. as a fan, i'm shitting it

Shearers blatantly bitch slapped him and told him to apologise...

clearly a full apology to the fans is one of Shearer's demands before signing, in my opinion.

it maybe insincere but its welcome in my book, just the thought of him squirming.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if Shearers first demand in the meeting was an apology from the club to the fans

agreed, won't sign anything till Fat A$$-hley apologizes, 10 minute...sign on the dotted line tomorrow

You lot are fucking delusional. Shearer was a brilliant player and someone who cares about the club but that's it. It's no wonder poeple take the piss out of us with the whole messiah thing.

and if you point to one post who says that he is a Messiah I'll happily apologise on their behalf.

If you cannot see the position of power that Shearer is currently in, you're either blind or stupid.

You lot are fucking delusional. Shearer was a brilliant player and someone who cares about the club but that's it. It's no wonder poeple take the piss out of us with the whole messiah thing.

I know what you mean, and I'm not a million miles away from your opinion, but seriously, is it worth a new manager coming in with a "clean state" philosophy to the squad ?? We need rid of these mercenaries and Shearer knows exactly what needs doing already, and we can't afford to waste a moment.