Mike Ashley - Statement

nodrick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiwi I think he was hamstrung by injuries and a paucity of talent in key areas and with such a short spell he couldn't turn the confidence around either.

Not to mention good old fashioned bad luck in the last two games (wrongly disallowed goal and freak own goal). How long did it take Keegan to change things round last season?

I've seen nothing on this thread (no mentions of messiahs etc) that I would regard as cringeworthy other than Sima's predictable attack on Shearer. We could win the Champion's league under Shearer and he'd still find something to criticise the man on.

How long did it take Keegan to get things right the first time as manager?? If we cast our minds back, he came fairly close to getting us relegated to the third division. Then what happened???

Of course the same events will possibly not be replicated i.e. what happened in Keegan's second season and what might happen in Shearer's second term, but the same mindset is evident, and that is that the playing staff are unable to play the way required. Keegan knew this and so does Shearer. Keegan knew what had to be done and he did it. I believe Shearer is capable of doing what is necessary, and he has my full support.

As for LardAsh's comments, I'm fairly nonplussed. Actions speak louder than words, Michael.

I think he had to apologise, I doubt he was forced to by Shearer. The apology itself doesn't mean a lot imo, it would have been more significant if he hadn't apologised.

You lot are fucking delusional. Shearer was a brilliant player and someone who cares about the club but that's it. It's no wonder poeple take the piss out of us with the whole messiah thing.

absolutely.

Does any other club in the world look for these "saviours" as much as we do ?

Shouldn't make me smile, but it does.......those who slated Shepherd and Hall for "embarrassing" us, should take a good hard look at themselves instead.

Classic example was the booing of Shepherd at Shearers testimonial in front of a huge TV audience. If anything set us up for an almighty piss take, that was it.

You lot are fucking delusional. Shearer was a brilliant player and someone who cares about the club but that's it. It's no wonder poeple take the piss out of us with the whole messiah thing.

absolutely.

Shouldn't make me smile, but it does.......those who slated Shepherd and Hall for "embarrassing" us, should take a good hard look at themselves instead.

Classic example was the booing of Shepherd at Shearers testimonial in front of a huge TV audience. If anything set us up for an almighty piss take, that was it.

Barcelona?? Cruyff. The Dutch fella who managed them last season, whose name escapes me right now. The current manager.

I think they all played for Barcelona yes?

Not a dig, btw, just something that came to mind. I am rather tired, so I might be typing shite :wub:

EDIT: Frank Rijkaard (sp) is who I was thinking of.

Edited by snakehips

absolutely.

Barcelona?? Cruyff. The Dutch fella who managed them last season, whose name escapes me right now. The current manager.

I think they all played for Barcelona yes?

Not a dig, btw, just something that came to mind. I am rather tired, so I might be typing shite :wub:

Saviour's are nice.

At the end of the day I hope Shearer clears all the shit from the corridors of St.James Park and gives us some consistency.

The way Duff was talking we have been rotten to the core.

At the end of the day I hope Shearer clears all the shit from the corridors of St.James Park and gives us some consistency.

The way Duff was talking we have been rotten to the core.

Amen Tommy baby. I say we have to go with it.

It's basically Shearer or JFK........ worth a punt on Shearer even if he is shit (and as it stands don't think anyone can say one way or another yet).

This apology means fuck all to me. Absolutely fuck all. It's pixels on a fucking screen.

I know people have been looking for him to say something for a long, long time, but personally, until we sort out the manager, start shipping the useless fuckers out and making sensible signings with sensible contracts, and look like we're going to give it a real good go next year, he can keep it clamped. Actions speak louder than words has never been more appropriate.

I know, I know, hasn't even been two days of talks yet, but there's only just over two months to do all of this in. The quicker they sort it out, the more time we have, and the better our chances.

This apology means fuck all to me. Absolutely fuck all. It's pixels on a fucking screen.

Spot on that bit. Fucking words - we've had loads of them, all bullshit. Buying Newcastle was a no-brainer, I bought one of the Crown Jewels of the PL, Kevin will have final say on players, what price we qualify for Europe, Dennis is just here to buy six kids per season, I have 100% confidence in my management structure, we'll be challenging for everything within five years - just reams and reams of flannel. Meanwhile we got relegated. Now it's I'm sorry, I accept we've made mistakes (fuck me that's big of you Mike :wub:) and Shearer's the best decision I've ever made. More shit from the shit factory.

I hate the cunt and I don't trust him whatsoever.

I think Shearer is a big gamble but its one we have to take because if its not him, no-one will the same force of personality or position of strength with the fans will be appointed. We need a manager with the ability to take on Ashley et al and get the club sorted out. Noone else is going to come in and go straight on the offensive against their boss. Getting the most out of our playing resources is not priority number one for our manager this time.

As for Shearer's performance so far, all I can say is that it absolves Hughton and Kinnear of a *little* bit of the blame thrown their way. It has just confirmed how bad and feckless the players are. For that, we can thank mainly Allardyce and Wise.

If Shearer can stop the slide, that's enough for me. Personally I don't like having a bar named after him or the divine right he's been assigned to manage Newcastle, but we're up shit creek and he's a better bet than leaving it all up to the administration at the club. They are fucking clueless. If the worst comes to the worst, at least it will be out of our system and our next manager won't have the legend of Shearer hanging over him.

I'm not really sure about Shearer - the lack of fight bothers me - but it seems like this is his time. He will get more time than anyone else so Ashley has to go for it. Although I still hope he fucks off as far away as possible.

I think Ashely had to come out with the appology (whoevers idea it was :wub: ) but I agree it means fuck all until it's backed up with actions.

He's lied to us consistantly and the only way he can get out of it is with actions not words. Hopefully this is just the first step on a path he is taking and if that happens then great, if it doesn't then the shit we are in at the minute will look like nothing in comparisson to where we are heading.

Wasn't there an admission of culpability before the last transfer window and a promise that action would be taken to ensure our safety?

"We freely admit we have made mistakes and we put our hands up. But now we're in a position where Mike is back on board and we're not selling the club. Our intention is to go back on the track we were on before with our business plan. We think that is the only way forward for the particular club. And I think it will be a model going forward for a lot of Premier League clubs. So we're now trying to put the stability back into the club as far as that is concerned. We apologise and I personally apologise for the miscommunication. Mike has gone out and made some generic statements. We try to do generic statements through the club Press office which people have seen. Basically now we're saying The Chronicle and the Journal are welcome to come in and ask the questions on a regular basis. We haven't got anything to hide. We're realistic about where we need to be in the next year or so.

“Relegation is a major fear for us too. We have a business plan in place. We have to be ready for the future, but realistically I think we’ll stay up. That’s what we’re working towards and that’s why we knew we needed to spend money in the transfer window."

Wasn't there an admission of culpability before the last transfer window and a promise that action would be taken to ensure our safety?

"We freely admit we have made mistakes and we put our hands up. But now we're in a position where Mike is back on board and we're not selling the club. Our intention is to go back on the track we were on before with our business plan. We think that is the only way forward for the particular club. And I think it will be a model going forward for a lot of Premier League clubs. So we're now trying to put the stability back into the club as far as that is concerned. We apologise and I personally apologise for the miscommunication. Mike has gone out and made some generic statements. We try to do generic statements through the club Press office which people have seen. Basically now we're saying The Chronicle and the Journal are welcome to come in and ask the questions on a regular basis. We haven't got anything to hide. We're realistic about where we need to be in the next year or so.

“Relegation is a major fear for us too. We have a business plan in place. We have to be ready for the future, but realistically I think we’ll stay up. That’s what we’re working towards and that’s why we knew we needed to spend money in the transfer window."

Just remind me please fellow Champion, they made a profit in the transfer window, didn't they?

Edited by trophyshy

the statement has been put together to appease fans that do not want him here in the first place. except we did(as he was seen as a saviour (on a purely financial basis)), and fat sam spalashed a load of cash on some average talent. we then played awful football for half a season, keegan came in ad we played prettyish stuff and went on a huge losing streak, then turned the corner. we then brought in the 2 argentina internationals and reduced their confidence in a matter of weeks. jfk took over and barked his way to a heart attack. shearer took over and we sunk without trace thanks to the bullying nature of jfk and cluelessness of hughton.

what i want to know was, what input did ashley have, it seems he allowed people to lurch from crisis to crisis. if you are running a club you need to support and nurture your relationship with the fans the media and the manager, coaching staff and the players. he's done none of that and also has not supported a club financially in the transfer market. if you look at the way he runs his sports direct company, he gets through a ton of middle managers if they don't hit their (artificcially high) targets. he's a savage bastard basically and in his own eyes has never been at fault. we really aren't going to be able to go forward with him at the helm i beleive, unless alan shearer, ian dowie are listened to, and my beleif is that they (the owner and lambrusco) will fob them off.

time will tell.

well said cob, spot on really.

A leopard does not change his spots. We are on a highway to hell with this cunt crashing into everything that means something to us all the way.

I fear a generation may be lost.

Guest alex
Think the difference now is that Ashley is motivaded by what he loves most, money. Don't think he's the type to walk away from a big loss (200 mill or so) and will instead be doing everything he can to get it back.

The issue still remains about whether or not he has the vision to achieve this. It's not like he planned on sending us down but he gave a masterclass on how to relegate a side in a season where 35 points would have been enough. Buddha bleated!