The next time we play Villa

Guest Stevie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
So you're on the sauce again, basically.

Pipe down a bit eh?

Perhaps you should get NSG to make me. :wub:

Eh? Are you being a tool for any particular reason. I've seen you bare semblance to a humble intelligent likeable man on occasion, sadly there are times when you're none of those. Fuck knows what the NSG reference is about.

At the end of the day the whole league were laughing, waving us goodbye.

Of course they were, and I would fully expect most of our support to do the same if it had been a comparable club to ours going down (oo-er missus).

The thing that gets me, is the amount of slagging we've got. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression we have received far more written and spoken comment attacking us than we would have given other clubs in our position. Something tells me there would have been one or two comments from Newcastle supporters in the media if it had been another club rather than us, but nothing like the quantity of shite being spouted about NUFC and it's supporters.

It's the factually incorrect stuff that gets me.

Man United fans on teamtalk and the guardian saying we deserve it,claiming we booed Allardyce out of a job.

''Sam Allardyce's Black and White Army'' repeat

Totally booing him eh!?

and don't get me started on this messiah bollocks.

Pipe down a bit eh?

Eh? Are you being a tool for any particular reason. I've seen you bare semblance to a humble intelligent likeable man on occasion, sadly there are times when you're none of those. Fuck knows what the NSG reference is about.

The gay jealously stuff in here is unbearable.

Pipe down a bit eh?

Just sick of doing the roll call of shit opposition fans tbh. We all know Villa are toss, but the fact is everyone had a good laugh at us when we went down the other day. The Man U fans watching the Hull game on the other screen where I was watching the Toon on Sunday were pissing themselves laughing and they're about to win the lot this season.

The club has got a lot of rebuilding to do because it has become a laughing stock, but it doesn't reflect on the fans. I don't accept it does, anyway.

You want to try not squaring up so quickly as well btw. Bad form tbh.

Nice one-does that mean you'll be luring some West Midlands nonce onto the forum for us all to endure ala Douggy B? Can't wait tbh.

To be honest, once every 250 posts Douggy can say something interesting or funny, but I don't think you'll find a brummie like that. So nah pal.

edit Hold on so I'm to blame for luring him here?

I always thought so aye-perhaps I'm wrong. You were definitely the reason he stopped here, like which is an equally grave indictment.

Either way though, we already know you hate Villa fans anyway. And Tottenham. And Liverpool. Fortunately we don't have to play them next term; everyone can applaud us for being a massive club with bigger average attendances. Bliss.

I think you need to clarify that to be honest. How the fuck am I to blame for that nobhead signing up on here?

Thought you'd clashed with him on a Spurs board previously tbh.

Nope. See I'm not one of these who go on other teams boards to wind them up, I don't go attacking other fans and clubs to them. I think a lot of clubs are in cities full of arseholes but I'm not bothered about them, I'm only bothered about NUFC, and only make reference to these clubs when there's a connection with us.

I don't go on other clubs boards full stop tbh.

Well do you want a medal?

:wub:

Of course they were, and I would fully expect most of our support to do the same if it had been a comparable club to ours going down (oo-er missus).

The thing that gets me, is the amount of slagging we've got. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the impression we have received far more written and spoken comment attacking us than we would have given other clubs in our position. Something tells me there would have been one or two comments from Newcastle supporters in the media if it had been another club rather than us, but nothing like the quantity of shite being spouted about NUFC and it's supporters.

I despair at the media treatment of us as fans (the way we're caricatured), but at the end of the day I honestly think it's because they're obsessed with this phenomenon of a club which never wins fuck all for decades and yet still has a fanbase which puts others to shame. That much at least always makes me smile. Equally I despair at the way our club has been run for a club of it's 'size'; I think the club has become a joke because of it (rightly so), but I don't think this reflects on the fans-I just think the media/other clubs try to portray it that way to take a swipe at us, because for the most part they feel inferior to a city which has an identity stronger than any other and absolutely worships one thing above all else in a way that just isn't replicated in England.

It doesnt happen where I live and the city boasts the current and next reigning European Champions. It is simply not remotely the same experience.

I despair at the media treatment of us as fans (the way we're caricatured), but at the end of the day I honestly think it's because they're obsessed with this phenomenon of a club which never wins fuck all for decades and yet still has a fanbase which puts others to shame. That much at least always makes me smile. Equally I despair at the way our club has been run for a club of it's 'size'; I think the club has become a joke because of it (rightly so), but I don't think this reflects on the fans-I just think the media/other clubs try to portray it that way to take a swipe at us, because for the most part they feel inferior to a city which has an identity stronger than any other and absolutely worships one thing above all else in a way that just isn't replicated in England.

It doesnt happen where I live and the city boasts the current and next reigning European Champions. It is simply not remotely the same experience.

Some people have never forgiven us for being Sky's darlings and the media profile we got as a result. But I reckon a lot of it is to do with cynicism in the press.....they cannot stand the fact that we're a throwback to the days when people loved their clubs and it was a huge part of their local and cultural identity. It's not terribly post modern, there must be something wrong with us in the head. Thwe whole thing's not helped by the stereotypes on TV which pander to these prejudices.

I read a lot of press reports as an exile and they never miss an opportunity to trot out the cliches or take the piss. I can understand why they think it's the truth. The media have been gunning for us for years and we've supplied them with the ammo......I'm hoping this final onslaught marks the end of it now we're relegated.

The fact is people believe what the media say. Even the mackems and they are a little closer to home!

They truly believe we are 50'000 obese Geordie's with NUFC tatooed on our bellies who harbour the belief that we are a massive massive club and a magical messiah will turn up and take us to the promised land of winning everything because we believe we deserve it.

When in reality we know we are wank and we just want to give it a shot.

The fact is people believe what the media say. Even the mackems and they are a little closer to home!

They truly believe we are 50'000 obese Geordie's with NUFC tatooed on our bellies who harbour the belief that we are a massive massive club and a magical messiah will turn up and take us to the promised land of winning everything because we believe we deserve it.

Well put. I blame the press, that and petty jealousy from the Keegan/Robson years. But mostly the press. If we dropped off the radar and the board/management/players acted with a bit of dignity for a change, wouldn't be a bad thing imo

Lets be honest. Any fans in the league would have acted the same, put up banners and enjoyed you being relegated. It's nothing personal, it's just that it's a semi-big club going down. Whether it had been you, Leeds, spurz, Everton, all the same.

It obviously helps and adds a bit of fuel to the fire when you always do the big club talk, but never do the walk.

Edited by The messenger

It obviously helps and adds a bit of fuel to the fire when you always do the big club talk, but never do the walk.

That's the bit that baffles me. You talk like we think we're Man Utd or something. I never came across any Toon fan who thinks we are in that league (I emigrated to NZ two years ago). What are you basing that on?

Lets be honest. Any fans in the league would have acted the same, put up banners and enjoyed you being relegated. It's nothing personal, it's just that it's a semi-big club going down. Whether it had been you, Leeds, spurz, Everton, all the same.

We also expect to win the League every year and Keegans team couldn't play defence as well right?

Do you honestly think there would be a banner at SJP about you lot if you were going down?

Yeah right. Nice one.

Here we fucking go... :lol:

That's the thing tho-not 'here we fucking go' please. That swipe by the messenger didn't even vaguely get me twitching to post something in defence of NUFC. They're here on this board posting about us. We've already won whatever argument they've come here hoping to have.

Except we don't when we argue back wholesale about being aggrieved about them unfurling a few banners. So fuck. Watch how long before that gets into an average attendance debate borefest. It just makes us look daft and defeats the object of putting this place in registration lockdown last week.

Yeah right. Nice one.

Here we fucking go... :lol:

That's the thing tho-not 'here we fucking go' please. That swipe by the messenger didn't even vaguely get me twitching to post something in defence of NUFC. They're here on this board posting about us. We've already won whatever argument they've come here hoping to have.

Except we don't when we argue back wholesale about being aggrieved about them unfurling a few banners. So fuck. Watch how long before that gets into an average attendance debate borefest. It just makes us look daft and defeats the object of putting this place in registration lockdown last week.

Spot on Samwise.

I'm not going to lie, I like being a club that people talk about. Guaranteed every football fan I meet has an opinion on Newcastle, what they should do, where they should strengthen, who's fault it is, which players are shit etc. Could we say the same for other midtable clubs?I wouldn't be able to tell you what players Fulham need to get shot of and I'd consider myself pretty on the ball.

If the fans of opposition clubs pout the stuff they've heard in the papers, fuck em. Once you've actually sat down with one and explained how that everything they know is based on a stereotype that has been around for decade and wasn't even true then, they'll shut up. If they're not worth that effort, then just laugh and know that we're a massive club, with better attendances and better football who've got a hand written note from God saying how we're destined for greatness.

I'm not going to lie, I like being a club that people talk about. Guaranteed every football fan I meet has an opinion on Newcastle, what they should do, where they should strengthen, who's fault it is, which players are shit etc. Could we say the same for other midtable clubs?I wouldn't be able to tell you what players Fulham need to get shot of and I'd consider myself pretty on the ball.

If the fans of opposition clubs pout the stuff they've heard in the papers, fuck em. Once you've actually sat down with one and explained how that everything they know is based on a stereotype that has been around for decade and wasn't even true then, they'll shut up. If they're not worth that effort, then just laugh and know that we're a massive club, with better attendances and better football who've got a hand written note from God saying how we're destined for greatness.

Last we spoke, He told me He'd typed our letter.

Agree with the rest of your post Fish. We matter to others, even when they don't want us too.

Guest Stevie

True for some people though, if not quite the obese, but still 28.8 on the BMI Baby scale.