Steve Bruce

Jimbo

Mans a traitor in my eyes, hope he never graces the Newcastle hotseat. IF he's in charge during a derby, would be very interesting to see what reception he would get at SJP.

Edited by ChriszyD

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said: 'I have regretted not going (to Newcastle). Of course I have. The opportunity was when Sir Bobby Robson left but I had just signed a new deal at Birmingham.

'It was the most difficult decision of my life. Being a Geordie, it was always the team I supported as a boy. It was a huge decision. Even the family were surprised. My son Alex even said to me: "What you doing, you daft idiot?".'

:D What a cunt that bloke is man if he was a proper Geordie he'd have ditched Birmingham like a shot and took the job asap, tough decision picking between Birmingham and Newcastle howay man, looks like his son is less of a cunt than him though

Bobby Robson turned down the job here when Keegan went as he was still under contract at Barcelona.

But then again Bobby a man of his word whereas Bruce is a two faced turncoat cunt so if he had really wanted to come here a contract at Brum wouldn't have stopped him.

Aye your point is probs enough evidence also though there's a canny difference between Barca and Birmingham.

Any mackems reading might think this is all sour grapes. Just so they know it's not, I've always said he's shite....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry292904

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry402393

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry426574

The man is a cunt. Always has been a cunt and always will be a cunt. I'd never have been happy with the cunt at Newcastle. They're welcome to the cunt.

and he looks like my auntie Pat.

Glad to see they've got a manager I can hate again, because Sbragia seemed like a decent bloke.

To be honest I think that the majority of Newcastle fans detest him but the mackems will honestly believe it has nothing to do with his history and call us ''bitter'' or some such.

just watching his pc on SSN now

"it didnt take much" to convince him apparently despite "growing up a newcastle fan" etc etc

mercernary

cunt

That statue looks like a paedo btw.

Like a fucking tramp tbh. Stokoe at Wembley looked so much better when he was wearing a black and white shirt twenty years earlier :D

just watching his pc on SSN now

"it didnt take much" to convince him apparently despite "growing up a newcastle fan" etc etc

mercernary

cunt

I've got no problem him taking the Mackem job, big pay rise and money to spend. He'd be daft not to take it.

He's still a a cunt though.

Many years ago, playing the original Championship Manager I was sacked by Newcastle and went for some time applying for jobs and not getting them. Then I got an approach from Sunderland to be their manager.....

Nope - couldn't do it! :D

Many years ago, playing the original Championship Manager I was sacked by Newcastle and went for some time applying for jobs and not getting them. Then I got an approach from Sunderland to be their manager.....

Nope - couldn't do it! :D

I've been in similar situations, can't imagine any newcastle fan taking that job

Unless you were putting Kevin Phillips in goal and whacking a £30m bid in for Akinbiyi.

This was pre-Kevin Phillips days Thomas. Don Goodman(*) was probably star striker...

* - don't worry, you probably don't know him from Johnny A :D

Can anyone put their finger on why they don't like Bruce?

There was supposedly a game when we played Man U which was either the 0-1 in 96 or the 99 cup final when he firmly nailed his colours to the (wrong) mast on Sky Sports.

Didn't see it myself but I've seen it referred to quite a few times.

'99 cup final. Was asked who he wanted to win and replied "Man Utd of course..."

Cunt :D

I take it he said this as a pundit rather than a player (I can't remember when he retired)...

This always makes me laugh.

In addition to an autobiography, "Heading for Victory", Bruce has published three novels, "Sweeper!", "Defender!" and "Striker!", featuring the exploits of fictional footballer manager Steve Barnes. "Sweeper!" was described as "surprisingly punchy and pacey, although the plot is essentially ludicrous".

I take it he said this as a pundit rather than a player (I can't remember when he retired)...

99'

I'm sure I remember him and Pallister going on for years. Fair play as I said, but you can't have it both ways. Managing the mackems is setting fire to whatever bits of the bridge were left too.

This always makes me laugh.

In addition to an autobiography, "Heading for Victory", Bruce has published three novels, "Sweeper!", "Defender!" and "Striker!", featuring the exploits of fictional footballer manager Steve Barnes. "Sweeper!" was described as "surprisingly punchy and pacey, although the plot is essentially ludicrous".

:D

Yep - he'd left Man Utd a few years earlier IIRC ('95 or '96).
Cheers.

Tbf to him, I can see why he'd say that...but it does rather dilute his black and white nonsense.

For a man who 'bleeds black and white' to say that he wants his former team (who'd won the league a week earlier and the FA Cup only 3 years previous) ahead of his club who hadn't won a thing for 30 years is an absolute disgrace IMO.

Yep - he'd left Man Utd a few years earlier IIRC ('95 or '96).
Cheers.

Tbf to him, I can see why he'd say that...but it does rather dilute his black and white nonsense.

For a man who 'bleeds black and white' to say that he wants his former team (who'd won the league a week earlier and the FA Cup only 3 years previous) ahead of his club who hadn't won a thing for 30 years is an absolute disgrace IMO.

he does not understand what the word "bleeds" means...