Blunkett Resigns

Guest alex

At least he's had the foresight to see his position was becoming increasingly untenable.

He's done a blinding job and will be missed.

Eye've no doubt he'll be back in the cabinet in 6 months time, but whether it's in a high profile role remains to be seen.

At least he's had the foresight to see his position was becoming increasingly untenable.

He's done a blinding job and will be missed.

Eye've no doubt he'll be back in the cabinet in 6 months time, but whether it's in a high profile role remains to be seen.

51942[/snapback]

It's like the blind leading the blind in the Cabinet tbh.

Tskkk. Visually impaired please.  ;)

51951[/snapback]

What does the 'B' in RNIB stand for then?

:lol:

51954[/snapback]

Good point. They need to change the abbreviation to RNIVI.

After all, we don't have the Spastic soceity any more!

51951[/snapback]

51954[/snapback]

51956[/snapback]

Are 'visually impaired' / blind people against the term blind like? I know deaf people generally speaking have no problem with being called deaf (went on a 'Deaf Awareness' Course as the lass I used to work with was deaf).

51951[/snapback]

51954[/snapback]

51956[/snapback]

Are 'visually impaired' / blind people against the term blind like? I know deaf people generally speaking have no problem with being called deaf (went on a 'Deaf Awareness' Course as the lass I used to work with was deaf).

51962[/snapback]

I don't think so. I had a friend who was completely blind who insisted on using the word blind rather than the more PC terminology. And for the record Blunkett is a twat, and that has nothing to do with his eyesight.

*wonders who the first person will be to comment that you could call deaf people what you want, they won't hear*

*wonders who will point out that deaf people are often very good at lip reading, so they could probably tell*

*etc*

I did a Deaf Awareness Course the other year too. So much fun ;) Was weird when there was a thunder storm outside though, and the thunder cracked really loudly and we ALL looked outside, including my deaf teacher, and we were like 'how did u know?!' and he'd felt it because it had made stuff shake.

He did get confused when we all kept looking outside when there were fireworks somewhere nearby though.... at every bang we'd all look up, and he was just like 'what!??!!' so we had fun trying to explain.

It was just like a big 2 hour game of charades every week. :lol:

(Me?? Trivialise things? With MY reputation....?!)

51951[/snapback]

51954[/snapback]

51956[/snapback]

51962[/snapback]

I don't think so. I had a friend who was completely blind who insisted on using the word blind rather than the more PC terminology. And for the record Blunkett is a twat, and that has nothing to do with his eyesight.

51965[/snapback]

Blunkett a twat? He was one of the best Tory Home Secretaries this country has ever had B)

51951[/snapback]

51954[/snapback]

51956[/snapback]

51962[/snapback]

51965[/snapback]

Blunkett a twat? He was one of the best Tory Home Secretaries this country has ever had B)

51968[/snapback]

:blush:

Blunkett has just released a statement:

..... ...... ................ ........ ......... ................................ .................... ................... ...................... ........................... .......... ................ ................... .................... ....................... .................... ....................... ............. ....................... ............... ..................... .............. ......................................... .......... ... .... ......... .... ....... ......... ...... ........

Edited by Sima

Blunkett has just released a statement:

..... ...... ................ ........ ......... ................................ .................... ................... ...................... ........................... .......... ................ ................... .................... ....................... .................... ....................... ............. ....................... ............... ..................... .............. ......................................... .......... ... .... ......... .... ....... ......... ...... ........

52376[/snapback]

That's a Gold Section reply Sima!!!!

:rimshot::tumbleweed::angry::angry::angry: