Post Season Interview Questions

jamiemaher

Hi Guys,

My name is Jamie and I help run an Everton forum called Toffee Talk. I run little interviews with fans before most games and I'm now compiling a post season interview section for the site. If anyone could take a few moments to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated. (Oh and please don't take offense to question 4, i'm not trying to wind anyone up, Its a serious question)

Anyway...

1- What would your assement of your season be in comparison with your pre-season hopes and expectations?

2- What would your season highlight be?

3- What would your season low-light be?

4- A large majority of footballer suporters seem to have taken a certain degree of glee in your downfall this season. Why do you think that this is and what do you think needs to be done to change peoples perception of the club and its supporters?

5- Would do you need to bring in during the summer and who would you like to see leave the club?

6- What should the aim for next season be?

Thanks again. Any responses would be much appreciated.

1- What would your assement of your season be in comparison with your pre-season hopes and expectations?

With Keegan - expected mid-table. As soon as he walked, I was praying for 17th. Fell a point short. Disappointing but not surprising.

Boro (H)

Fulham (H)

4- A large majority of footballer suporters seem to have taken a certain degree of glee in your downfall this season. Why do you think that this is and what do you think needs to be done to change peoples perception of the club and its supporters?

It's hilarious. If it was Spurs, Villa or Everton I'd be pissing myself too.

5- Would do you need to bring in during the summer and who would you like to see leave the club?

Need - A left back. Don't need - so many strikers.

Promotion

1. Much lower than was expected. Keegan was managing, we had a nice little squad full of Argentinian and Spanish imports, things were looking good, especially with our draw at Man U. But once Keegan left, everything started going downhill, plus our January transfer window was shit.

2. Definitely the 3-1 victory over Middlesborough. So much hope.

3. A tie between the day Shay Given left and the 1-0 loss to Aston Villa.

4. I think we need to win. Thats the only way to shut up those who criticize. If you win, what can they say?

5. The high wage players need to leave (Owen, Viduka, Martins, Gutierrez, Coloccini), and we need to bring in a group of players who can take us out of the Championship, and act as a good place to build off of once we reach the Prem. And I think, if we can hold onto them, the club should build around S. Taylor, Bassong, and Beye. Those are the key players that I think have to be held onto. But we definitely need a good CM and a good striker, I think those are the main priorities, aside from keeping certain players.

6. 1st place and nothing less.

1. god awful, never thought it would come to this I had us down for a mid season slight improvement on last seasons finish

2. drawing with man u on the first day, everything was so promising

3. watching the ball spin past harper on the last day

4. I think its because the media portray us as impatient, instant success wanting twats who say "messiah" a lot which is in fact bollocks and only when they stop doing that will peoples opinions of us change, it seems to boil the piss of other teams fans that despite our mediocrity in the last number of years the nation still has a fascination with us.

5. Leave, most of them bar our first choice back 4 (beye, taylor, bassong, enrique) in god only knows this season is going to be a very complex one for us and my thoughts on it could not fit in a single post

6. to trim down our wage bill, ship out the trash and make a good fist of coming back up, preferably top 2 but I'd take the playoffs, if that doesnt happen we will be in real real trouble

Hi Guys,

My name is Jamie and I help run an Everton forum called Toffee Talk. I run little interviews with fans before most games and I'm now compiling a post season interview section for the site. If anyone could take a few moments to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated. (Oh and please don't take offense to question 4, i'm not trying to wind anyone up, Its a serious question)

Anyway...

Thought we could push for top 7 with Keegan. Thought JFK would take us down. Thought Shearer would keep us up

Villa Home

Villa Away

Some warped sense of jealousy. They wouldnt have given a fuck if wigan or pompey got relegated. We are the only club in the last 15 years to break into the top 4 more than once or twice and i think that doesnt sit well with most football fans

2 strikers to replace Owen, Viduka, Martins. 3 midfielders to replace Butt, Barton, Nolan. Couple of new CBs to replace Cacapa and Colocinni

Playoffs at the least

Thanks again. Any responses would be much appreciated.

Under Keegan I was hoping for entertaining football, an improvment on the previous season and a finish around 10th or 11th.

The win over Middlesbrough

Ashley backing Wise over Keegan and seeing Keegan walk out with his principles

We always seem to be in the headlines, usually for the wrong reasons, and teams with a greater level of success find that frustrating that we continue to be in the news, we have a cult like following in the city of Newcastle due to being a one team city, therefore the Toon mean more to the city of Newcastle than Liverpool mean to the City of Liverpool or Man United mean to Manchester etc, this is something that London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester can never ever relate to, and never will.

We need a new owner ! we need a midfield that can create goals, we need a strike force that can score them, surprisingly I don't think the defence is that bad, other than Coloccini.

Specifically player wise, Owen, Barton, Smith, Geremi, Shola, Butt, Duff, Coloccini, Gonzales, Cacapa.

Rebuilding, hopefully promotion, although I'm not counting on it.

In the pre-season we made what appeared to be some very decent signings and towards the end of last season we had some decent results and played as a team. Under Keegan I thought we could get in the top ten - retrospectively the way the league has played out this season he could have perhaps taken us as high as 7th though we will never know. Once Houghton took charge everything felt very hopeless and I could have seen us going down without a major change. Then things went very bad with the appointment of Kinnear, also the January window was terrible for us. So not as expected but once a few moves had been made I saw where we were headed. Very dissapointing and sadder still - avoidable. Curbishley and Keegan left within a week of each other. West Ham acted upon this appropriately and we did not and we have suffered the heaviest price.

In an ideal world I would request a roll over however I will try and answer the best I can. I would probably have to say Aston Villa at home. A brilliant result against a team at the top does wonders for the confidence of both the fans and the players.

The aftermath of Keegan's departure. I couldn't see anyway out for the club. Everything seemed hopeless and caught under a million different catch 22's.

I think it would happen to any established Premier League team, however I don't really take too much time to celebrate other people's depression as I would prefer to concentrate on Newcastle United.

A large part of peoples perception in regards to Newcastle United and it's support comes from the media and they are simply not true.

We need a managerial appointment to give us some hope - Shearer or not and we need to get a lot of players out and a lot of players in.

I would like to aim for promotion and if not I would like to build up some consistency and stay out of the media for a while so we can build a successful promotion campaign.

No bother.

Could you link us up with the Everton forum?

and good luck for Saturday! :lol:

Ditto !!!

Why do we hate Newcastle so much?

Is this it? :lol:

No team has divine right to anything. Newcastle thnk they have a divine right for sucess and a divine right to stay within the premier league. Thats why I can't stand them now. A mixture of over priced failures on the pitch and deluded fans in the stadium. I don't care if you have alot of people watch you each week, your still shit and nobody likes you.

:lol:

Why do we hate Newcastle so much?

Is this it? :aye:

No team has divine right to anything. Newcastle thnk they have a divine right for sucess and a divine right to stay within the premier league. Thats why I can't stand them now. A mixture of over priced failures on the pitch and deluded fans in the stadium. I don't care if you have alot of people watch you each week, your still shit and nobody likes you.

:lol:

Clearly they don't read Toontastic ! :lol:

and more comments wide of the mark.

They think that they will have a breeze in the Championship and as a matter of fact they won't. One of the most delluded teams in the leauge and one who will get a shock when all their 'stars' jump ship and leave them in a shit mess like Leeds. Hoping that on the final day it all goes pear shaped and they go down. What tossers. I bet the next thing will be 'Look at us, biggest stadium in the Championship arn't we big?'

same misconceptions as everyone else to be honest which is no surprise since they'll read the same papers and see the same mongs on SSN as everyone else

Deluded clowns, 1 (I think) major English trophy and they think they are big time. A couple of decent seasons when the Prem started and they think they are big time. Great crowds, for a one team city, and they think they are big time. Fans with the ability to take off their tops and show everyone their ale guts, even in the depths of winter (and that's just the women) and they think they are big time.................need I say any more.

Cliché bingo [Alex] and some factual inaccuracy!

10 Major English trophies thanks...

Seriously. I've been on many forums in my time but there's only 2 forums I've been on where the posters have an idea what they're on about. This is one of them. Seriously, not every football fan can be taken in by Talksport wummery, can they?

Also, can't wait for Stevie to get his teeth into that lot.

Edited by Stiva

The thing is these people get wound up about things that simply aren't true.

So they are basically hating us off the back of the media.

Promotion. That is the most important no matter what. More than a single season out of the Prem could be very damaging. Would be great to win the division but won't be picky. What I feel is very important also is to get some faith back from the fans, remove so much of the apathy some fans have (myself included) and give them some goals to cheer about, some wins to cheer about some football to cheer and feel good about for more than just the odd 4 days here and there over the whole season.

and good luck for Saturday! :lol:

Ditto !!!

3rded, will be cheering on the Toffees this weekend!

The thing is these people get wound up about things that simply aren't true.

So they are basically hating us off the back of the media.

fair point,

But, do you really care what another team's fans think of us?

If they're ignorant enough to be suckered in by blindingly loaded media articles etc, why should we give a toss about them?

Let them wind themselves up into a fucking frenzy about us- :lol: their high blood pressure, not mine.

Yeah man I don't really mind that much.

I met some Everton fans in London on the night (they had won the semi's on the day) and they were canny as out and seemed to like us to be honest so I wont let angry internet warriors ruin my perception of real people :lol:

I had fairly average hopes for the season tbh, thought maybe we'd consolidate and look to build on the next few years I knew we wouldnt amount to anything (unless we hit a lucky run in the Coca Cola after all even the Spuds had managed to win that!) but I didnt expect anything like the circus we got.

The draw at Man U first game of the season, it gave a glimmer of hope that I may have underestimated the future a little.

October to May

Sky Sports News is the main culprit, until you've experienced it for yourselves you cant appreciate what they do. Yes we are a passionate group of fans and yes we like to make those passions known but SSN (and others) go out of their way to find the lowest common denominator whenever they have a story. We dont think we warrant being splashed across the 6 o'clock news and believe me we dont want to be but I watched SSN grab a handful of random kids stick a banner in their hands and tell them "go on son, you'll be on telly just shout some abuse".

I'd like to see a clear out of all those players that really havent given a shit this season which frankly amounts to most of them, most of all though Id like to see the back of our owner!

Our aim should be to storm the league, buy big at the end of the season and then walk back into the Premiership, casting Man U, Arsenal and the rest aside but we all know thats not going to happen and frankly Id be happy to see us just get some stability and sense back into this club. A sensible transfer policy (instead of the buy with cash sell on credit bollocks we seem to have), some truth coming out of our Managing Director and owner and consolidation. Oh and a public flogging of Dennis Wise in the centre circle before the Scunthorpe game. :lol:

I would love to see what they were expecting us to write going by some of their views on us! :lol:

I expected us to win the treble and Champions League (after being brought in to replace Man U because we have much better fans).

Getting my boycoutt banner on telly.

Not winning the Champions league

They're all jealous because we have the best fans in the world and because God supports us and Tony Blair.

I expect us to buy Ronaldo (both of them), Kaka, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Essien and Buffon. I also think we'll bring Pele out of retirement and pull Milburn out of the deep freeze we've been keeping him in.

To win the World Cup.