the reason so many other clubs' fans seem to hate us

Dr Gloom

isn't because we think we have a divine right for success. we're not glory supporters. we haven't won owt for most of our lifetimes.

the main reason is jealousy. other fans are jealous of the fact that we have filled a 52,000 for years despite being shite. most other clubs wouldn't get the gates we've had watching such consistently bad football.

i suspect attendences will dip now - the blessing will be that attention from bitter, jealous fans of other clubs and the media will also slump

isn't because we think we have a divine right for success. we're not glory supporters. we haven't won owt for most of our lifetimes.

the main reason is jealousy. other fans are jealous of the fact that we have filled a 52,000 for years despite being shite. most other clubs wouldn't get the gates we've had watching such consistently bad football.

i suspect attendences will dip now - the blessing will be that attention from bitter, jealous fans of other clubs and the media will also slump

:wub: its more because of deluded fans like yourself.

:wub: its more because of deluded fans like yourself.

i'm not deluded. i know we're a crap football side. i don't think we have a divine right to win anything or even stay in the top flight. we got what we deserved.

the jealousy over the fact that we have so many fans turning out despite all of this is the reason most supporters of other clubs give us stick. it's obvious

I don't think its much to do with jealousy, really. Every fan dislikes most other clubs, for little or no reason - the vast majority would find it hilarious if Everton went down, or Spurs went into administration. The fact that the media constantly ram Newcastle down the throats of everyone, good or bad, probably annoys people, but not so much out of jealousy

There's a bit more to it than that though. As has been demonstrated on this thread, there's a general perception we are deluded, all of which is fuelled by the media on a daily basis. And yet I've never met another NUFC fan who doesn't percieve us for what we really are - a shit circus of a team seemingly going nowhere but downwards.

Well, I'd ask the question of those that believe the media bullshit regarding us, who are the deluded ones?

There's a bit more to it than that though. As has been demonstrated on this thread, there's a general perception we are deluded, all of which is fuelled by the media on a daily basis. And yet I've never met another NUFC fan who doesn't percieve us for what we really are - a shit circus of a team seemingly going nowhere but downwards.

Well, I'd ask the question of those that believe the media bullshit regarding us, who are the deluded ones?

Good point.

Guest Stevie

I think Dr Gloom is spot on Craig, those are pivotal reasons. The crowds and income we generate, make people feel uncomfortable about themselves because they know they'll never have it, and we're talking about club who have come in the top 6 even here. DG I don't think gates will slump that much next year. I'd be surprised if we weren't still 3rd or 4th best supported club in England, but we shall see, everyone I know is staying loyal.

I thought we were banning wum's mods? The mackem was banned for less than "Timmyotool" read his 13 posts, waste of time.

Dont kid yourself that there is never no smoke without fire.

Not all fans are as savvy as the general fan that seems to frequent these boards.

Examples such as;

KK''s "Southerners have their theaters...."

Cockney mafia out banners

All do not portray us greatly across the country.

Even yesterday a spokesman for NUSC (probably by accident) was telling journalists how "the fans" will give shearer more time because "he's a geordie and understands the club".

And then we wonder why they pick up on these sort of remarks.

Most fans give most managers time and just want to see progress.

Unfortunately tho it is our rise under keegan and following circus that has kept us in the limelight.

Best not to bite at it really cos it aint ever going to go away and anyone who thinks we'll be less in the media because of relegation is kidding themselves.

Thing is though CT, those things have been blown out of all proportion. I don't think the "cockney Mafia Out" or "Boycoutt" lot are actually representative of the majority of the Newcastle fans.

i think the idiotic sensationalist journaists that work for the local rags have so much to do with this as well. none of them are decent journos.

if what stevie says is true ( about the stadium being fairly full next season) then ther may be a fair amount of jealousy.

Guest alex

Not all fans are as savvy as the general fan that seems to frequent these boards.

Examples such as;

Even yesterday a spokesman for NUSC (probably by accident) was telling journalists how "the fans" will give shearer more time because "he's a geordie and understands the club".

Unfortunately tho it is our rise under keegan and following circus that has kept us in the limelight.

Best not to bite at it really cos it aint ever going to go away and anyone who thinks we'll be less in the media because of relegation is kidding themselves.

Thing is though CT, those things have been blown out of all proportion. I don't think the "cockney Mafia Out" or "Boycoutt" lot are actually representative of the majority of the Newcastle fans.

We don't really have (proportionally) more deluded fans than most other clubs that have been starved of success. We just have more fans. That's the crux of it for me although I don't deny there are other factors.

I'd be very surprised if we averaged over 35K next season tbh. But that all depends on how we are doing.

I fully expect our attendances to be very similar to what the mackems got when they were in The Championship.

Edited by Sima

Guest alex
I'd be very surprised if we averaged over 35K next season tbh. But that all depends on how we are doing.

I fully expect our attendances to be very similar to what the mackems got when they were in The Championship.

A lot'll depend on the style of football and whether or not we look like coming straight back up. Not that I'm too confident that we'll deliver on either score there.

Examples such as;

I agree, but thats the game.

:wub: you seemed to have been implying that the sensible lot were in the minority. Sorry if that wasn't the case

Lot of shite spouted in this thread like.

They "seem to hate us" because they're laughing so hard. To be fair to them, it is hilarious.

If Arsenal went down next year would you be sympathetic to their plight or would you piss yourself laughing. That wouldn't mean you were jealous of their 60,000 seat stadium or angry that they're jingoistic. It would just be funny as fuck to see a Premier league ever present go down.

We're one season from being an ever present, so of course people are loving our fall from grace.

The pathetic thing is when they try to come up with some other reason like we need to go down to rebuild, or our expectations are too high and that. I'd have some respect for them if they just said openly and honestly it's funny as fuck.

Edited by Happy Face

Examples such as;

Exactly...

How many times has a story about us broke on SSN and us to comment that the "mongs are on their way to the ground"??

We were a football fairy story in the early Premiership days, and for a while people even got on-board, but it was bound to turn to bitterness and jealousy (even from those fans that had no reason to be jealous "success"-wise) in the end (especially with the media who will always find A story, doesn't matter what type).

Guest Stevie
Lot of shite spouted in this thread like.

They "seem to hate us" because they're laughing so hard. To be fair to them, it is hilarious.

If Arsenal went down next year would you be sympathetic to their plight or would you piss yourself laughing. That wouldn't mean you were jealous of their 60,000 seat stadium or angry that they're jingoistic. It would just be funny as fuck to see a Premier league ever present go down.

We're one season from being an ever present, so of course people are loving our fall from grace.

The pathetic thing is when they try to come up with some other reason like we need to go down to rebuild, or our expectations are too high and that. I'd have some respect for them if they just said openly and honestly it's funny as fuck.

I wouldn't give a fuck, just as I didn't when Leeds and Man City went down. The only time I was made up a club was relegated was those charvas from Wolves.

we've had 40k+ for the majority of the season.

to say they're jealous of our fans is laughable. they laugh at our fans.

Highest ever attendance for a team relegated in the history of English football this year like.

7000 more than Man United had.

It was much the same when Leeds went down, but they were a lot more detested than we are I reckon........frankly all those calling us at the moment can kiss my fucking ring....I dont follow NUFC as a fashion statement, or because I need to use support of A football team to bash followers of B football team over the head with a big stick to somehow make myself look more interesting,macho or seemingly in many cases here on't'internet a complete fuckin tool.

Highest ever attendance for a team relegated in the history of English football this year like.

Seriously man? What is your great obsession with attendances? To me it's something we seem to use to have a pop at other fans for, if we won trophies there's no way a lot of our fans who seem to have this obsession with attendances would even mention it. Not a fucking chance. I know our core support is great, so I don't give a fuck what fans of any teams think.

I personally think its because when someone turns up on a forum looking for an objective conversation and some light banter gets ridiculed and abused.

:wub:

Seriously man? What is your great obsession with attendances? To me it's something we seem to use to have a pop at other fans for, if we won trophies there's no way a lot of our fans who seem to have this obsession with attendances would even mention it. Not a fucking chance. I know our core support is great, so I don't give a fuck what fans of any teams think.

I read it on .com tbh.

Wind your neck in.