Barton

Delscottio

I know the kid is a twat of the highest order, but if him and Shearer both stay and patch up their differences we'll have one of the best players in the division.

Butt could just sit deep (which he could do at this level) and let Barton get forward, get a bit of pace on the wings and the season could be a good one.

get rid to the highest bidder stupid enough to think they can fix him, Shearer doesnt want him and neither does anyone else

its players with the attitude problems like barton that have contributed to our downfall and made us such a shambles

Edited by Andrew

If there's any truth in those reports about what Barton said to Shearer after the dippers game I'd be amazed if he ever plays for us again.

Far more trouble than he's worth and not as good as he thinks he is. Get him out of the club.

Good riddiance!

He's had too many bloody chances to even contemplate a future at this football club, fair enough he's a decent player and probably would do well in the Championship, however its clear Shearer's opinion on him and if he continues to be manager then I certainly wouldn't be suprised if he was shipped off to Bolton as soon as the transfer window opened.

We won't be able to afford him nevermind thinking about redemption, he's a cunt, he's played a handful of games since signing, he cost us £5.5mil, oh, and he's a cunt.

He'd be good for us but it's just the fact that he's a cunt of the highest order, if we give him a chance, we'd be saying "don't worry" about his antics before and chances are, he'd do it again.

I agree, sell him to whoever and whenever, just get the cunt out.

I see no valid argument in favour of keeping him on the books.

I was a fan of Bellamy and tolerated his twatful nature because his performances on the pitch allowed me to, but Barton has done fuck all and Shearer doesn't strike me as the kind of man to get utterly burnt and then offer an olive branch

Nah, he'll go to Birmingham, West Ham(maybe), Wigan or the like.

If no-one wants to pay a reasonable price then he can rot in the reserves and attend mandatory cookery classes for all I care.

If no-one wants to pay a reasonable price then he can rot in the reserves and attend mandatory cookery classes for all I care.

Thats the bit I dont agree with though, if we dont want a player then paying them the same wages to perform in the reserves is mental. Hes either a toon player or he isnt. IF we kept him then he needs to earn his keep by doing his job in the 1st team.

fwiw though I'd bin him.

Well it's obvious that I meant I'd want a squad ahead of him. I wouldn't have him as a first team regular. If push came to shove and we needed a central midfielder, then play him instead of a 'keeper. But honestly Pud, can you see a situation where he plays in Shearer's Newcastle United first team again?

Well it's obvious that I meant I'd want a squad ahead of him. I wouldn't have him as a first team regular. If push came to shove and we needed a central midfielder, then play him instead of a 'keeper. But honestly Pud, can you see a situation where he plays in Shearer's Newcastle United first team again?

I agree but what Im getting at is we either bin him or use him, paying some twat thousands a week to sit on his arse and not give a shit isnt a good idea.

For me, we either get rid or renegotiate his contract:

A small basic wage with good play bonuses but at the same time hefty hefty fines written in when he gets booked / sent off and an agreement that should anything happen outside of the football pitch then hes out, no pay, no severance, nowt.

That's all well and good, but there's no fucking way he'll sign that. The money he's on now is better, there are no such clauses and he knows he'll be sold asap under Shearer