D-day arrives for Ashley over Shearer's rebuilding programme

Jimbo

I certainly wouldn't get shot of xisco for daft money. Rather keep him in the squad and see if we can make anything out of him

but he's a puff and on £50k p/w.

No thanks

• 9 years later...

On 5/28/2009 at 17:31, Kitman said:

That Shearer plan in full:

1. Sell current players.

2. Buy new players

3. Get promoted

Ashley: "I like points 1 and 3 Alan, but I have a big problem with 2".

:PMT:

Fuck this salad dodger!

Martin O’Neill taking a stab in the dark.

"When you play a wing-back role, the first thing people will now ask you is ‘what are the manager’s instructions?"

“They’re very important. Mostly now, it is that they ask the wing-backs to stay very, very high up the pitch and not worry about coming back."

“I’ve asked Cyrus this, which was the first thing I thought of when Alan Shearer was having a go: ‘He hasn’t thought this out’. He should have prefaced things by saying ‘I don’t know what the manager has said’ because, at the end of the day, the manager has asked him to stay up the pitch and not worry about getting back."

“I don’t think the severe criticism was warranted, that’s my view. I don’t think everything was down to him and the first thing I thought about when Shearer was saying those things is ‘you should be asking the question’. Maybe that’s why he only managed seven games. That might be something to do with it.”

Oh, another ancient thread where @Christmas Tree  was havin a mare!