The ones that got away

JonTheMag

Most of these players when we sold them we were thinking would be replaced with better players, sadly that hasn't happened, and so players who we happily get rid of we're now forced to look back on as what could have been players.

Most on the OPs list were crocks anyway.

That's from 2007/8 surely? He made a couple of ricks early on, got dropped for a bit and since then has been a regular starter for them.

Many Wigan fans are making him their player of the season.

Didn't realise that. The few times I've seen highlights of them on MOTD, he sems to be making the same mistakes. I saw him whipping the legs out of an attacker on the by line for a penalty when there was no need. Maybe that was a one-off and he has cut down on the mistakes though.

That's from 2007/8 surely? He made a couple of ricks early on, got dropped for a bit and since then has been a regular starter for them.

Didn't realise that. The few times I've seen highlights of them on MOTD, he sems to be making the same mistakes. I saw him whipping the legs out of an attacker on the by line for a penalty when there was no need. Maybe that was a one-off and he has cut down on the mistakes though.

I just don't think there's the intense scrutiny.

That in itself will calm him down and cut out some mistakes. Everybody that says Newcastle have a bad defence found a focus for that erroneous statement in Titus Bramble. He was our bad defence. That pressure made him make more mistakes, those mistakes drew more scrutiny and so on and so forth.

Every time he laced up his boots for us he knew that every single fan was expecting a horror show any minute. The pressure must have been unbearable... tough tits though.

I've not seen enough Wigan games this season to take a strong view (though he did have a good game for them against us up here). I had a quick look at a Wigan forum yesterday and read he'd 'scooped all the awards' for player of the season or something. Coming from the people who watch him every week I think you have to give it some credence. Good luck to the bloke I say, though we had to let him go as things had gone too far by the end.

I've not seen enough Wigan games this season to take a strong view (though he did have a good game for them against us up here). I had a quick look at a Wigan forum yesterday and read he'd 'scooped all the awards' for player of the season or something. Coming from the people who watch him every week I think you have to give it some credence. Good luck to the bloke I say, though we had to let him go as things had gone too far by the end.

Fair enough, as Fish says, the stick he got here from outside the region was ott.

I think I recall Lawro and Hansen rofloling at him on Match of the Day, and then there was that Guardian bit with him and Boumsong photoshopped.