Mike Ashley puts Newcastle on the block

Scottish Mag

Whilst I hate the prick, my stance is thus;

He got us in the is shit, he can get us the fuck out of it. Selling is an easy option for the tit, let the fucker suffer like the rest of us have.

Hello everyone by the way.

Now we're fucking drowning, the swimming tutor decides he's got more important people to save. What a dispicible cunt the man truly is. We're in this mess because of him and now he's losing his lolly, he's washing his hands.

Wanker.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"its a massive fuck up, I want out"

is not the greatest title of a sales brochure

That's why (even more so than just generally in the economic climate) it's likely to be people that can't afford it that buy us (if anyone does - although uncertainty can do for us just as easily in the Championship as it did for us in the Premiership).

:lol::D

This is great. Just great.

I can sort of see the argument that he was never gonna fully commit, so better that he fucks off sooner rather than later, but this chucks the club further in turmoil if this doesn't get resolved quickly. Big summer ahead, big decisions required and the ownership of the club is in limbo.

Don;t understand the negativity here - did anyone really think he was going to invest/commit himsel? It doesn't mention what happens to the 100m loan but if if for a second he's writing that off as well then a price of 100m would allow someone plenty of room for major investment - even £200m would.

As for Shearer he hasn't exactly got a job to go back to so apart from losing out on prep time I can't see a huge difference here.

Remember when Keane took over the Mackems in August with a potful of cash he had enough time to buy enough to take them up.

I think a lot of the negativity is down to mis-trust of Ashley - the difference with the sunderland scenario was that big niall was desperate to get things right for the good of the club rather than to protect his own arse - Ashley is an imbecile of epic proportions but also a snidey, spiteful bastard (imo) who may or may not be selling or just useing this tactic again to avoid any expenditure

It would appear that Ashley's stackpile has dwindled through repeated poor investments and he simply isn't able to sustain the venture any longer.

Problem is Ashley was paper rich, but not really cash in hand rich like say Abramovich, so now his fortune has dwindled (helped by some stupid decisions in the stock market and of course at NUFC) he's :D-ing himself and is trying to pull all the drawbridges up and whether the storm (and this has been the increasing problem since just after he bought the club IFO).

Arsehole doesn't seem to realise that his best option is still to try and keep going and come out the other side with everything in as good a shape as possible, and selling NUFC is likely to be much easier/only possible in a good year or so's time - he's still got more than enough behind him (at £800m) to run NUFC if he actually wanted too. :P

The options we're now likely to face are another season of fear and uncertainty where nothing can be done (al la last season) probably with similar results (up to and including relegation from the Championship) or being sold to a consortium of chancers that cannot afford it and make Ashley look stable and sensible. :lol:

It really comes down to how much debt the club is actually in. If as said above Ashley is willing to write off the 100mil loan then a club with a 52k seater stadium seems a bargain for 80mil. But it's not that simple is it?

Ashley is an imbecile of epic proportions but also a snidey, spiteful bastard (imo) who may or may not be selling or just useing this tactic again to avoid any expenditure

This is my worry.

The one piece of comfort we can all take from this sorry episode, is that idiots CAN become billionaires.

NM Roth-schild. Aren't these the blokes that according to Parky rule us all?

No you're thinking of the Pentavirate. Made up of The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. :lol:

Me and Mrs P watched it only the other night. :D

It doesn't mention what happens to the 100m loan but if if for a second he's writing that off as well then a price of 100m would allow someone plenty of room for major investment - even £200m would.

No way on earth that he's writing off the £100m. It's £100m sale price and £100m to insta-pay him back the loan.

It would appear that Ashley's stackpile has dwindled through repeated poor investments and he simply isn't able to sustain the venture any longer.

Problem is Ashley was paper rich, but not really cash in hand rich like say Abramovich, so now his fortune has dwindled (helped by some stupid decisions in the stock market and of course at NUFC) he's :D-ing himself and is trying to pull all the drawbridges up and whether the storm (and this has been the increasing problem since just after he bought the club IFO).

Arsehole doesn't seem to realise that his best option is still to try and keep going and come out the other side with everything in as good a shape as possible, and selling NUFC is likely to be much easier/only possible in a good year or so's time - he's still got more than enough behind him (at £800m) to run NUFC if he actually wanted too. :P

The options we're now likely to face are another season of fear and uncertainty where nothing can be done (al la last season) probably with similar results (up to and including relegation from the Championship) or being sold to a consortium of chancers that cannot afford it and make Ashley look stable and sensible. :lol:

Looks like he's pushed the panic button.

Will we get new owners soon? Well it's a huge oppurtunity for someone, the club has massive potential.

Who knows who we might get but I'd rather take my chances on new owners. If he can sell up quickly, I'd be happy. The worst thing of all would be for this to drag on.

Who knows who we might get but I'd rather take my chances on new owners. If he can sell up quickly, I'd be happy. The worst thing of all would be for this to drag on.

That's all I'm arsed about - how long it takes. Him fucking off is clearly a good thing, just depends how long it takes to sort it.

The new price brings dozens of prospective buyers into the ballpark....Even the boy Sting. :lol:

the difference with the sunderland scenario was that big niall was desperate to get things right for the good of the club rather than to protect his own arse - Ashley is an imbecile of epic proportions but also a snidey, spiteful bastard (imo) who may or may not be selling or just useing this tactic again to avoid any expenditure

I meant that even if a sale took a while we'd still have time to do something - assuming its pre Ausust 31st of course.

Another cynical view could be that as you say he's using a "sale" to avoid meeting Shearer's demands freeing him to go back to Kinnear (nice shout out in the piece) after Al has told him to fuck off.

the difference with the sunderland scenario was that big niall was desperate to get things right for the good of the club rather than to protect his own arse - Ashley is an imbecile of epic proportions but also a snidey, spiteful bastard (imo) who may or may not be selling or just useing this tactic again to avoid any expenditure

I meant that even if a sale took a while we'd still have time to do something - assuming its pre Ausust 31st of course.

Another cynical view could be that as you say he's using a "sale" to avoid meeting Shearer's demands freeing him to go back to Kinnear (nice shout out in the piece) after Al has told him to fuck off.

This is a major worry.

The one piece of comfort we can all take from this sorry episode, is that idiots CAN become billionaires.

Only Newcastle United could be taken over by the worlds only billionaire who appears to have been the luckiest fucker on the planet, up until the point he got "King Kev" printed on the back of his XXL shirt.....but it does prove the old adage that a fool and his money are easily parted.

Man City have been taken over twice by some very dodgy individuals in the time Ashley has been at NUFC, Liverpool and Manu have been lumbered with debt that makes ours look like chicken feed by their new owners, West Hams owner is bankrupt, Everton have less money than anyone yet finished fifth in the league.....you couldnt make this shit up, we're not a football club, we're a fuckin basket case :lol:

For the first time, this time next year I can see us being in league one unless this is sorted out in the next few days or weeks at most. We have critical problems at every level of the club, from the playing staff, to the managerial staff, to the utter cunt of an owner. I want to see a positive side, but I simply can't see a way out in the time scale involved barring a miracle - now.

The new price brings dozens of prospective buyers into the ballpark....Even the boy Sting. :lol:

Quorn Burgers and trees planted on the pitch. Has contacts in South America tho :D

Quorn Burgers and trees planted on the pitch. Has contacts in South America tho :D

Healthy eating ftw.

That's all I'm arsed about - how long it takes. Him fucking off is clearly a good thing, just depends how long it takes to sort it.

Seconded. If it fucks up next season so be it. I'll be happy to wait for someone who knows what they're doing

Seconded. If it fucks up next season so be it. I'll be happy to wait for someone who knows what they're doing

Nah, I meant it's a good thing that it's happening, but it needs to happen super fucking quickly.