Interest Mounts in Magpies

Tino

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5357394,00.html

"Ashley is believed to want in the region of �100m and Swanson has been told there is every expectation a deal will be concluded 'quickly' after a 'high level of interest'.

It's understood the two parties who have expressed an interest did not approach the club when it was initially put up for sale in September last year. "

Doesnt seem to be all that concrete, but the signs are good that Ashley will be out sooner rather than later... We can only hope...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5357394,00.html

"Ashley is believed to want in the region of �100m and Swanson has been told there is every expectation a deal will be concluded 'quickly' after a 'high level of interest'.

It's understood the two parties who have expressed an interest did not approach the club when it was initially put up for sale in September last year. "

Doesnt seem to be all that concrete, but the signs are good that Ashley will be out sooner rather than later... We can only hope...

hope so..................then the fat cunt can fuck off

Can't see anyone paying £220M for a championship club with a Premier league wage bill.

A Champions League standard stadium and facilities

thing is, once the fellas who'll be out of contract leave, plus those few that are on big wages and we can get a decent fee for, Add to those the few that we can get rid of (even for reduced price) I think we're a VERY attractive club.

We've got massive fan base, history, stadium and facilities, we do have some youth coming through...

I know we're in the shit, but I don't think it's the end of the world as we know it.

thing is, once the fellas who'll be out of contract leave, plus those few that are on big wages and we can get a decent fee for, Add to those the few that we can get rid of (even for reduced price) I think we're a VERY attractive club.

We've got massive fan base, history, stadium and facilities, we do have some youth coming through...

I know we're in the shit, but I don't think it's the end of the world as we know it.

Well it wont be if this goes through within the next month. My biggest fear is that this will drag on again and run in to the season, thus compromising getting shearer/a good manager on board with the right conditions (read: Transfer monies) and we can start offloading the freeloaders...

I have no doubt we are still a hugely attractive club to buy, I just hope it goes through fast so we get a good shot at going back up right away.

Can't see anyone paying £220M for a championship club with a Premier league wage bill.

A Champions League standard stadium and facilities

precisely, there will at no point be the need to approach anyone or shell out massive money to upgrade our stadium no matter where we end up which I reckon is a pretty big selling point for us

Or else they see it as a chance to get it for 100 million, spend 30 million on players, get promoted within 2 years and flog it off for a tidy little profit to a rich arab or american...

Personally I could live with that scenario.

this is going to be very tedious indeed, whenever sky sports news is having a slow day expect a 'new interest in taking over newcastle' story. Along the lines of we dont have a name or anymore details but there is interest.

Next we go live to St James with Daniel Craig who can add nothing to this nothing story and possibly interview some charvers who've just been to Greggs

I say next season why not go for 3 or 4 owners. High managerial turnover is so passé, plus it's unlikely we'll ever break 08/09's magnificent effort.

I doubt anything can be read into reports of interest or denials. The only figure you can pretty much be sure will be interested will be Shepherd, but he can't do it on his own and whether he's got investors with him capable of a serious bid is anyone's guess. Serious parties won't be trumpeting their interest to the media in the way chancers like Nathaniel were last time round.

If he's writing off the £100 mil debt there'll be plenty of interest surely.