Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's no more a cunt than any of us would be given the chance, and if we were would we give a fuck about us?

Still, a cunt. But he could never care, so far is his fireplace from ours.

An unfortunate example of what is wrong in the world.

Turn your backs or suck it up. You decide.

Edited by trophyshy

misdirected anger.... Owen was far from the main cause of Newcastles trouble.

Maybe but if the rumours Shearer had to ask him to warm up 3 times on the last game of the season are true then maybe not. In fact if he suddenly starts playing well for Man U then we'll know the truth because he hasn't looked like a footballer the last 6 months. Or hasn't tried to be more precise.

Edited by Holden McGroin

The thing is, someone made him captain. He didnt appear to lead the team on the pitch and off it was practically mute. When we wanted someone to stand up and be counted, he went missing. The effort works both ways, yeah we should have provided a better team to provide him with opportunities, but he should have made an effort both on and off the pitch when we rescued him from his "Madrid hell".

The captain thing does piss me off mind - seemed happy with leading the team out and wearing the armband but never really seemed to assert any duties when off the pitch.

Not hearing a word from him directly after the Villa game was wrong but then the media attention had totally been focused on Shearer.

BTW - him suddenly playing well for Man Utd will be inidicative of nothing... that'd more be down to him playing in front of a decent midfield than him 'turning it on'... It's also fair to say that motivationally, he'll do far better under SAF than the likes of Kinnear and Hughton.

_46009630_owensignsb466.jpg

What's going on here, then?!

That umbro font and tee is very nice, but why is it backwards? Is this one of those things were they reverse the photo so the brand name doesnt appear?

But then MO has the pen in his right hand and ring on the left...

_46009630_owensignsb466.jpg

What's going on here, then?!

That umbro font and tee is very nice, but why is it backwards? Is this one of those things were they reverse the photo so the brand name doesnt appear?

But then MO has the pen in his right hand and ring on the left...

It isn't reversed post-picture. There's some pics of him on gettyimages of him holding the Man Utd shirt (which isn't mirrored) while he's wearing this t-shirt which is.

88812459.jpg

I'm likely to be shot down in flames for this one but fuck it, the very reason this place exists is to promote debate.

I fail to see what everyone's current beef with Michael Owen is - why there is a need to 'modify' an image so it refers to his as cunt.

Is it his fault we were prepared to pay £17m for him? No it's not.

Is it his fault he was offered a 4 year contract paying in excess of £100K a week and included helicopter transport to and from the training ground? Well his agent may have pushed for it but someone at NUFC at the time had to agree to the demands so again, the blame is not Owen's.

Is it his fault that he suffered some fucking horrendous injuries which reduced his appearance tally to 79? No it's not

Some will argue that we didn't get our money's worth out of him but one swallow doesn't make a summer. We never invested properly in the team that surrounded him and the support and delivery a player in a style such as his demands was never forthcoming.

At Real Madrid he scored 14 goals in 40 appearances - pretty much a goal every three games - something which at the time I recall was being touted as one of the best scoring averages in the entire La Liga.

With us he netted 30 goals in those 79 games - a better return wouldn't you say? Despite the shite he was playing amongst.

Who's fault is it that his contract was allowed to run down? Well I think we can firmly lay the blame for that one at the door of the Ashley administration. KK said as much this time last year when he said the most important signing of last summer would be Michael Owen. He was desperate to get him a new contract, Ashley didn't want to know. Criminal..

Can you blame him for signing for Manchester United? Really?? The bloke has no affinity with Newcastle - he ISN'T Shearer and despite many of you claiming you understand and / or appreciate that, what you say often suggests you don't. He's no more Newcastle than Andy Cole was (another player who jumped to OT at the drop of a hat). He's pushing 30 and been offered the chance to play for the Champions of England and possibly challenge for a Champions League medal - of course he's going to take it.

Any animosity born out of this whole sorry affair should be directed at the board of directors, both past and present, of Newcastle United Football Club.

Shepherd's board are responsible for signing him on such a ridiculous salary package

Ashley's board are responsible for failing to re-negotiate the contract at all - if KK is to be believed, negotiations barely took place

Both boards are ultimately responsible for the fact that the team his abilities needed was never built around him.

The vitriol aimed towards him borders on obsessive and in the case of some (the NUFC.COM boys included) goes way beyond it. He owes us fuck all - was paid what the club thought he deserved (how this can be his fault is lost on me - I know if my employers agreed to pay me a huge retainer that I felt was beyond what it should be I'd rip their fucking hands off and so would the rest of you.

The saddest point of all is that we had the equivalent of Stanley Matthews, Jimmy Greaves, Kevin Keegan or Gary Lineker of his generation on our books and we failed to provide a team to be able to get the best out of him.

All a bit gutting really.

Spot on tbh.

I don't have a huge beef mith MO. You're mostly right Craig. His record when playing with us is pretty good. His injuries were certainly no fault of his. However, as Captain of the club, I'd have liked to have seen more heart from him towards the end when he clearly wanted away. If we had stayed up with Al in charge, he can say what he wants, I still think he'd have been away, new contract from us or not. As Captain, I'd like to have seen a player statement come through him or something on our relegation. In fact, I reckon he couldnt get away quick enough.

He could have been huge here. someone else said it though and I understand the comment. He never felt like one of us.

Well I still think hes a cunt. Has he even thanked the club/fans for his time here?

I bet he doesnt get 20,000 mugs turning up to welcome him at Old Trafford.

Our captain gets us relegated, then lets not forget hes run his contract down to leave on a free after we paid £17mil for him, and he cant even bring himself to mutter a couple of lines to the press about us other than his 4 years here were 'A POOR SPELL'. Not fucking shit sherlock, we were the ones paying £500 a season to watch you in your poor spell!!! Strewth!

Well I still think hes a cunt. Has he even thanked the club/fans for his time here?

I bet he doesnt get 20,000 mugs turning up to welcome him at Old Trafford.

Our captain gets us relegated, then lets not forget hes run his contract down to leave on a free after we paid £17mil for him, and he cant even bring himself to mutter a couple of lines to the press about us other than his 4 years here were 'A POOR SPELL'. Not fucking shit sherlock, we were the ones paying £500 a season to watch you in your poor spell!!! Strewth!

;)

Difficult to fathom why he's not fussed on thanking people who think this of him.