Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a fuckin judas bastard and has lost what little respect he had left with us. hope he crashes and burns

You sound like you expected more from a boyhood Everton fan :unsure:

He's a fuckin judas bastard and has lost what little respect he had left with us. hope he crashes and burns

There'll be a welcome in the hillside... is the song that springs to mind for the diminutive chap's return to Anfield.

i expected more from someone who was brought up through our academy and who made a name for himself at our club, Liverpool made him European Player of The Year. have fun Michael ya twat :unsure:

What do you expect him to do? Just rot, whilst he could potentially win alot, and suceed.

could of gone to his boyhood club, could of come back to Liverpool he had alot of options but he chose the one giving him the best chance to revive his England career.

So you hate him more because he went to Man U than if he'd gone to Everton?

i expected more from someone who was brought up through our academy and who made a name for himself at our club, Liverpool made him European Player of The Year. have fun Michael ya twat :unsure:

What do you expect him to do? Just rot, whilst he could potentially win alot, and suceed.

winalotbeefriceandveg.jpg

i expected more from someone who was brought up through our academy and who made a name for himself at our club, Liverpool made him European Player of The Year. have fun Michael ya twat :icon_lol:

Um....you sold him. :unsure:

Anyone else think this was sorted out well before the end of the season?

Looked like he couldn't give a fuck and him and Man Utd have enough nouse to keep it quiet for a few weeks after the season finished so it wouldn't look too suss.

Sir Alex Ferguson claimed that Manchester United had completed their transfer market activity this summer when he unveiled Michael Owen as the club's new No 7 today.

It is thought the club are interested in signing Douglas Costa, the highly rated Brazil Under-20 midfield player, from Grêmio, but the United manager said that his current squad is good enough to challenge for an unprecedented fourth consecutive league title this season.

"It is the end of our business, so all these stories about who were are supposed to be getting - forget it," he said.

The Brazilian club are holding out for about £20 million — close to the release clause stated in the player’s contract — but United are reluctant to pay that much.

United initially wanted to take Douglas, 18, on a three-week trial, but while that request was rejected by Grêmio, negotiations over a permanent deal have been continuing.

Douglas would be United’s fourth signing of the summer after Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan, with senior sources at the club insisting that they have no interest in buying Samuel Eto’o, the Barcelona striker.

United lost out to Real Madrid for the signature of Karim Benzema, the Lyons striker, when the Premier League club refused to be drawn into a bidding war for the player despite recouping £80 million from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"There are some amazing numbers being talked about, not all of them realistic," Ferguson said. "It is very difficult to get value now. I feel we have a good squad, which meant there was no need for knee-jerk reactions. We asked about Benzema and we had a value for him. Lyons have done well because they got €42m (about £36m) but I think we took a sensible view."

Owen inherits Cristiano Ronaldo's shirt number and his place in an attacking line-up containing Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov, Daniel Welbeck and Federico Macheda.

“I’m hungry to do well here,” Owen said. “If this challenge doesn’t put a spring in your step and a smile on your face then nothing will. I still believe I can do well at a top team like Manchester United.”

Edited by Matty

Charlton and Ferguson complaining about madrid lately, ferguson saying "they aren't afraid of debt which must be nice" which is a load of balls considering how man u do business

Charlton claimed a week or two ago that united "have always been frugal" as they chuck around 20mil a pop for a couple of unproven teenagers every season and are hundreds of millions in debt

twats the both of them

Owen, who jets out on a pre-season tour of the Far East with his new United team-mates tomorrow, added: “I am hungry to do well.

“If this challenge doesn’t create a hunger and put a spring in your step and a smile on your face, then nothing will.

“I am as hungry as ever and I don’t think I need to prove it to the people who have asked that.

“Obviously when a club and manager like this comes in for you that says it all for me.

“I am as hungry as I have ever been to succeed and I honestly believe I can still do well in a top team like Manchester United.

“The people that count are the people that matter to me. People have probably had a ­justification to have a go at me in certain parts.

“I didn’t set the world alight in my last year in Newcastle and that is no one’s fault but mine; we weren’t playing well as a team and I wasn’t doing my bit either.

“However, I feel like I belong at a top club and I am delighted to be here.”