Tony Adams: Next Celtic Manager ?

Jimbo

Breaking news on SSN

"Adams says he will become Celtics next manager if Wim Jansen will agree to join as technical director"

Alex said it best before when he said he seemed ok when you knew where you stood with him, as in when he was crashing cars into walls, but he can't take him seriously now he's into poetry and all of that.

Hes been on the sauce again, hes not even applied.

"Wim Jansen is probably in at Celtic," said Adams. "It would be him as technical director and me as manager.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"They do the 'nuts and bolts', the travel arrangements, the hotels, and all that kind of stuff.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom. I never had that at Portsmouth.

"It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

He added: "I've not applied for the role. I know Wim Jansen, who has put me in there.

"I think they approached him and I know Wim from my Feyenoord days and he's actually said that he would only do the role if I were to be made manager. That's Wim's opinion, not Celtic's."

I really hope this ends up being true. Adams is a fucking tragic manager. :D

Now all we need is Peter Reid to become Rangers manager and the SPL may become interesting again...

Guest Stevie

I'm in London right now so this is the first football news I've seen all day, and fuck me all I can say is :omgwank: this is akin to Newcastle appointing John Sitton (put his name in youtube if you don't know who he is). Tony Adams :D;) I read somewhere their more level headed fans were expecting Rijkaard, van Basten or Magath to take it.

I'm in London right now so this is the first football news I've seen all day, and fuck me all I can say is :omgwank: this is akin to Newcastle appointing John Sitton (put his name in youtube if you don't know who he is). Tony Adams :D;) I read somewhere their more level headed fans were expecting Rijkaard, van Basten or Magath to take it.

The level headed fans were expecting Rijkaard, van Basten or Magath ? :omgwank:

Football has gawn mad.

No, just Tony Adams. Wim Jansen has also stated that he knows nowt about this. I think Tony has fallen off the waggon.

Checked the odds today, and Martinez is the favourite, with Mobray 2nd favourite. Tony Adams is 7/1 on skybet, 11/2 on Victor Chandler. Worth mentioning that Adams was not on the list when I looked at about 4pm, and that Martinez is also favourite to take over Wigan.

Adams would be a bonkers choice. When he was at Portsmouth he reminded me of Blakey from On The Buses, and managed like him too from all accounts.

It's always funny watching English football fans arguing about who the most deluded fans in the Premier League are. None of them can hold a candle to Celtic supporters and how great a club they think they really are. They may get a shitload of fans through the gate, but that doesn't mean anyone outside of Scotland gives a flying fuck about them. :omgwank:

Do you get the feeling that all this is a figment of Tony Adman's slightly deranged mind ? his comments on SSN yesterday had me cringing in my seat, especially his comments about Arsene Wenger ringing him up after getting sacked at Portsmouth, I bet Wenger was cringing too.

just listened to adams actual comments on bbc, just plain weird! he's in the same boat as paul ince, both complete lepers not to be touched with a barge pole. As piss poor as scottish football is the celtic job is not a bad gig and no one in their right mind even thinking out of the box up there must ever have thought adams.....................and he comes out and basically says no interview needed my mates gonna sort me out the job, clearly pissed

It's always funny watching English football fans arguing about who the most deluded fans in the Premier League are. None of them can hold a candle to Celtic supporters and how great a club they think they really are. They may get a shitload of fans through the gate, but that doesn't mean anyone outside of Scotland gives a flying fuck about them. :omgwank:

To be fair you could say the same about all Scottish clubs

I've been thinking about the fates of the last good England side, the one that would have won Euro 96 if it wasn't for those pesky penalties:

David Seaman...........Not much really

Tony Adams...............Rubbish football manager

Gareth Southgate......Rubbish football manager

Stuart Pearce.............Rubbish football manager

Steve McManaman.....Rubbish pundit

David Platt.................Rubbish pundit

Paul Ince....................Rubbish football manager

Paul Gascoigne...........Mental

Darren Anderton.........Retired in December, not done much since

Alan Shearer .............Rubbish pundit, unproven but on current record rubbish football manger,

Teddy Sherringham....Rubbish pundit

Anyone spot a pattern? Particularly the defenders.

What is astonishing is that of that side, Darren Anderton was the last to retire. Who'd have thought that?

Edited by luckyluke