The other teams transfer window thread

Andrew

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think they will. I think City will struggle getting into the top 6 alone, but we'll see. It's not like the arab money is our problem it's the EPL's problem.

Unless they add a wage and transfer cap I've more or less given up on getting CL either way. Even if you manage fourth and qualification you will struggle next season. So to me wage and transfer cap has to happen. And it's easier done then people imagine. FIFA could easily just lay down the law and use the WC and official tournaments to influence the FA's around the world.

It's not up to FIFA. THe EU won't allow.

The FIFA could easily make this happen. Do you think the EU would stand in the way of the rest of the footballing world if FIFA stated new rules? Not a chance in hell. EU creates laws whenever they choose to, you just need to push the right buttons. If you want proof you can just look to the payment from non-EU countries to be part of the fun.

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has exclusively told F365 that he doesn't want Man City to sign John Terry because he's a Cockney cry baby.

City might be willing to shell out £30m for the England captain but massive fan Gallagher would rather they signed Joleon Lescott.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," Gallagher told F365. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby.

"He's also a Cockney and he'd absolutely be coming just for the money."

Gallagher would also pass on a move for Emmenual Adebayor, saying: "I hope it falls through.

"I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag - I prefer a swift handshake and back to the game.

"We've got Roque Santa Cruz who can do a job in the same position."

When asked which footballer Mark Hughes should target next, Gallagher said pragmatically: "Joleon Lescott - he's a good centre half who's getting better. Either him or Matty Upson would do for me."

:D

Fucking hell, Crouch's best ever premier league return is 12 goals when he was at Southampton!

I still consider him a good player like.

crouchy came in through the airport this morning to see sunderland and then back out this evening about 6

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has exclusively told F365 that he doesn't want Man City to sign John Terry because he's a Cockney cry baby.

City might be willing to shell out £30m for the England captain but massive fan Gallagher would rather they signed Joleon Lescott.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," Gallagher told F365. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby.

"He's also a Cockney and he'd absolutely be coming just for the money."

Gallagher would also pass on a move for Emmenual Adebayor, saying: "I hope it falls through.

"I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag - I prefer a swift handshake and back to the game.

"We've got Roque Santa Cruz who can do a job in the same position."

When asked which footballer Mark Hughes should target next, Gallagher said pragmatically: "Joleon Lescott - he's a good centre half who's getting better. Either him or Matty Upson would do for me."

:D

Spot on. :icon_lol:

City in for Lescott. :D

"City have decided to test Everton’s resolve to hang on to centre-back Lescott. Goodison manager David Moyes declared at a shareholders’ meeting that “no players” would leave the club but City are confident that a substantial offer is likely to prove too tempting for Moyes as he tries to sign Sheffield United full-back Kyle Naughton and Standard Liege captain Steven Defour.

Mark Hughes, the City manager, balked at the £20 million demanded by the Merseyside club for Lescott earlier in the summer, but Hughes is keen to pair him with John Terry.

City remain hopeful that a deal can be agreed to sign the England captain from Chelsea, despite statements to the contrary from the London club. City have been led to believe that Terry wishes to hear their proposals and are expected to return with an improvement on their earlier £30 million offer."

Telegraph.