The other teams transfer window thread

Andrew

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolo Toure is close to agreeing a 16million move to Manchester City.

Bout time we bought some defenders. Although I was keen on seeing the 1-2-7 formation for the first time.

And £3m for Ched Evans is a good deal for everyone. He'll score 15-20 in the Championship but will only ever get 5 in the Premiership. One of those classic "inbetween league" type strikers. We have a sell on clause and I imagine him been sold for around £6-8m when he has a good season in the Championship to someone like Sunderland or Fulham. But he will be found wanting back in the Prem.

Liverpool agree a fee with Real Madrid to sell right-back Alvaro Arbeloa to the Spanish club.

From bbc.

got to just be as backup since they have ramos, unless they want him in the middle again

Liverpool agree a fee with Real Madrid to sell right-back Alvaro Arbeloa to the Spanish club.

From bbc.

got to just be as backup since they have ramos, unless they want him in the middle again

Well with Johnson at pool he might only have played a bit part anyways.

Now, I think he would be a good signing but I've met the lad who is claiming to be a "buddy" of DB and (somehow) I can't see that being true!

Hey ho!

Maybe I should claim Danny Murphy, as a mate, (who I met twice) because he wanted to rent my apartment after he joined Tottenham.

I turned the deal down - Nowt to do with him, I just did not trust the letting company.

Sheesh!

:)

Xabi Alonso has handed in a transfer request.

I like him but I can't believe the speculation about the fee being around £30m.

He'll probably do quite well in a partnership with Jones.

To be honest I'm not sure what to make of the fee as the transfer market has gone to blazes and logic of any kind has been thrown out of the window.

Leroy Lita to Middlebrough.

We could've used him to partner Carroll.

The other day I was thinking (in that pleasant daydream world where we've been sold and we actually have some money to spend) about David Nugent. He's had a miserable time at Pompey and I'm sure they'd be happy to offload him. It'd be like a Chopra situation, and considering where we are, I think we could benefit from him. All pie in the sky while Fat Mike is in charge however.