Man U are paying £69m interest a year on their debts.

Park Life

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell, Fulham have more debt than I realised.

me neither, possibly some remaining from the stadium renovation?

Perhaps Al Fayed mortgaged the club to fund his legal case for Diana... :D

Club Wages/Turnover

Liverpool n\a

Stoke* 106.25%

Wigan 89.30%

West Brom*80.15%

Portsmouth77.59%

West Ham 77.54%

Hull* 76.67%

Newcastle 74.01%

Fulham 73.18%

Boro 72.50%

Blackburn 70.39%

Chelsea 69.76%

Aston Villa 66.67%

Bolton 65.99%

Man City 65.86%

Everton 58.55%

Sunderland58.33%

Man U 47.27%

Spurs 46.12%

Arsenal 45.53%

*Non Premiership

I mentioned it during the season, but i'm still not sure why relegation is so much more catastrophic for us than it is for Boro.

:D

Club Wages/Turnover

Liverpool n\a

Stoke* 106.25%

Wigan 89.30%

West Brom*80.15%

Portsmouth77.59%

West Ham 77.54%

Hull* 76.67%

Newcastle 74.01%

Fulham 73.18%

Boro 72.50%

Blackburn 70.39%

Chelsea 69.76%

Aston Villa 66.67%

Bolton 65.99%

Man City 65.86%

Everton 58.55%

Sunderland58.33%

Man U 47.27%

Spurs 46.12%

Arsenal 45.53%

*Non Premiership

I mentioned it during the season, but i'm still not sure why relegation is so much more catastrophic for us than it is for Boro.

Spend a bit more, you might get into the champions league for once.

I'm not denying we spend alot of money but we do spend within our means. We have a very carefully constructed wage structure. New stadium and state of the art training facility are on its way. Financially we are one of the better clubs.

On the field? :D

A bit flawed that. There is a major difference of owing money to yourself debt wise and owing money to others. Owing money to yourself is just one of many ways to score on the tax and economic loopholes.

Chelsea does this for instance and Villa for that matter. Manchester United on the other hand isn't.

A bit flawed that. There is a major difference of owing money to yourself debt wise and owing money to others. Owing money to yourself is just one of many ways to score on the tax and economic loopholes.

Chelsea does this for instance and Villa for that matter. Manchester United on the other hand isn't.

Probably Fulham too.

Also read today that Whelan increaes his 'interest-free loan' to Wigan every season and without it they would be unsustainable.

The parent company of Liverpool FC, owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, lost £42.6m in the year to August 2008.

The loss was mainly due to the £36m of interest payments that Kop Football Holdings had to make to service the debt taken on to buy the club.

Its auditors warned that the need to refinance loans by 24 July cast "significant doubt" on the future of the group as a going concern.

But they added the club's owners were confident they would secure the funds.

The US owners bought Liverpool in February 2007, promising to build a new stadium.

In their accounts, they say they are "committed to building a new stadium and actively seeking funding to complete the project".

But they admit that "the opening of the new stadium will be delayed until 2012".

The parent company's loss came despite the £10.2m pre-tax profit reported by the football club in the same period.

The profit was helped by increased television revenues and the sale of players such as Peter Crouch, John Arne Riise and Scott Carson.

The results for the parent company showed net debt on 31 July 2008 of £300m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8084182.stm

gilletthickspapeterbyrne2.jpg

The grim forecast from the club's accountants, KPMG LLP, came despite Liverpool posting a record turnover of £159.1m for the year ending July 2008 and a profit of £10.2m, and relates to the co-owners' attempts to refinance a £350m debt before a 24 July deadline. The current uncertainty, claim KPMG, "may cast significant doubt on the group's and parent company's ability to continue as a going concern". A source close to Hicks, however, described the Texan as "very relaxed" about the accounts and "confident" with how talks on the latest refinancing package are proceeding.

Kop Football's losses are due mainly to the interest payments on the debt incurred to enable Hicks and Gillett to buy Liverpool in February 2007.

Edited by Park Life

One of these two will fuck up.

:icon_lol:

Not really sure how the two yank clowns will ever make money from Liverpool.

It has to hit one of these clubs sooner or later, don't Liverpool keep deferring payments?

One of these two will fuck up.

:icon_lol:

Not really sure how the two yank clowns will ever make money from Liverpool.

It has to hit one of these clubs sooner or later, don't Liverpool keep deferring payments?

The real issue is with the holding company that borrowed heftily to get control of the club, they are servicing monstrous amounts of debt. IMO one bad season and this scenario could melt down. Also Gillette and Hicks are currently looking at more leveraging on even bigger borrowing which for me borders on madness.

In Germany all clubs budgets are audited before the start of the season before they are licensed to take part in that season, so there are some rules in place that clubs have to follow or find themselves in trouble with the governing body.

I'm guessing if Liv were in the Bundesliga they wouldn't be allowed to play.

Liverpool pay US owners millions in expenses

• Tom Hicks and George Gillett claim nearly £2m in 18 months

• Supporters angry as club pays for travel and legal costs

guardian.co.uk, Monday 8 June 2009 22.00 BST

Article history

Tom Hicks and George Gillett took control of Liverpool in February 2007. Photograph: Tom Jenkins/Guardian

Liverpool are being made to pay almost £2m to cover the travel, legal and other personal expenses of the club's owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett. The accounts published for the owners' holding company, Kop Football, for the year to 31 July 2008, show that Hicks charged £192,000 for "third party consulting, travel and other expenses," while Gillett charged £129,000 for "reimbursable travel, legal, personnel and other expenses".

The two men charged significant amounts of money for the same expenses, incurred by themselves personally "and affiliated companies", during the previous seven-month accounting period, which ran from 18 December 2006 to 31 July 2007, too. Hicks charged Kop £198,000, while Gillett charged £375,000.

The pair also claimed almost £1m for what are described in the accounts as "transaction-related expenses". Hicks and affiliated companies charged Kop £133,000 in this category, while Gillett's figure was much higher: £823,000. The total charged to Kop in expenses, for the owners and their affiliated companies, in 18 months from their takeover in early February 2007 to the accounts' end date of 31 July 2008, was £1.85m.

As dodgy as they come.

Hicks, Gillett & Ashley - deserving of each other tbh.

All three are 'playing' with a football club totally oblivious of its importance to the very people who fund its existance. It's wankers like these who are taking the 'club' element out of the game.

Football's got a bit silly now, I wonder how long it will last like this.

Add an 'oooooooooh' in there and that looks like a direct quote from Kenneth Williams. :aye:

av-311.jpgoooooooooh, football's got a bit silly now, I wonder how long it will be......

Add an 'oooooooooh' in there and that looks like a direct quote from Kenneth Williams. :aye:

:lol:

av-311.jpgoooooooooh, football's got a bit silly now, I wonder how long it will be......

Add an 'oooooooooh' in there and that looks like a direct quote from Kenneth Williams. B)

nicely done :)

How sad... old blue nose now has the cash to buy us.....

' Duff plus 30 others and whatever staff now remain to replace ronaldo '.

Could be a daily sport headline !

B)