Allardyce hopes to capture £2.5m Smith as Newcastle look to slash wages

Craig

Whatever way you want to put it, Allardyce was shite at Newcastle and was playing shite football. I reckon we know a fair bit more about his performance here than you so why don't you just defer to our greater knowledge? There's a good lad.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever way you want to put it, Allardyce was shite at Newcastle and was playing shite football. I reckon we know a fair bit more about his performance here than you so why don't you just defer to our greater knowledge? There's a good lad.

:icon_lol: Because you're so full of shit about everything else. He wasn't getting you relegated that season yet I have the likes of you telling me he was. You needed 11 points from the remaining 17 games to stay in that league that season. EVEN if your shit form over those 12 games had continued at exactly the same rate you wouldve stayed up.

To the previous poster- saying that you weren't getting relegated because you were 11th in the league and 8 points off the drop zone isn't "statto bollocks", it's a fair assessment of how good your team had been that season at getting results over the entire season. Breaking up your season into 12 games and using that as a marker whilst totally disregarding the other bit of the season is something closer to "statto bollocks". Teams go through poor runs, your team had gone through a poor one under Allardyce, but he'd also shown he could get results with that team too.

This is all moot anyway as the point being debated here is between individuals who thought Sam should go at the time.

I'd say the majority of fans wanted to give him the season at least, he had 5000 fans singing his name at the end of the Wigan away just before he left and most were surprised when he left too.

This lad from Blackburn has built his argument against the fans of Newcastle, not the club itself. No one has quite grasped this distinction.

Ashley based his decision on poor performances and shit results, not the mutterings of a proportion of home supporters.

:icon_lol: Because you're so full of shit about everything else. He wasn't getting you relegated that season yet I have the likes of you telling me he was. You needed 11 points from the remaining 17 games to stay in that league that season. EVEN if your shit form over those 12 games had continued at exactly the same rate you wouldve stayed up.

I didn't say he was going to get us relegated, I said it was relegation form. If he had've stayed then we would have finished lower mid-table imo. The point is that we weren't showing any signs of improvement. As CG says, it wasn't the fans who got Allardyce the sack, the team were applauded off in his last game away to Stoke, it was Ashley who wanted him gone.

This is all moot anyway as the point being debated here is between individuals who thought Sam should go at the time.

I'd say the majority of fans wanted to give him the season at least, he had 5000 fans singing his name at the end of the Wigan away just before he left and most were surprised when he left too.

This lad from Blackburn has built his argument against the fans of Newcastle, not the club itself. No one has quite grasped this distinction.

Ashley based his decision on poor performances and shit results, not the mutterings of a proportion of home supporters.

Fair enough if it was just Ashley's decision, but I see plenty of people defending the decision to sack him. I've seen people say he wouldve taken them down that season.

If it was something the Newcastle fans didn't support, I'm surprised that my criticisms of your club's decision to sack him is met with such opposition. I wouldve thought there'd be more people who'd say maybe you were wrong to sack him when you did, as in the eyes of many educated neutral fans (and don't give me this Sky Sports nonsense), it was one of the key points in your downfall. Not the absolute pivotal one, but one of the important bits.

I didn't say he was going to get us relegated, I said it was relegation form. If he had've stayed then we would have finished lower mid-table imo. The point is that we weren't showing any signs of improvement. As CG says, it wasn't the fans who got Allardyce the sack, the team were applauded off in his last game away to Stoke, it was Ashley who wanted him gone.

But really most reasonable clubs only sack their manager if there's a sign of marked decline, or if the club has been stagnating for some time. You might not have said he wouldve got you relegated that season but one chap in this thread has and the last time I was on here I saw it said then too. It's an unbelievable distortion of the truth.

Edited by bigchrissamba

If I were a geordie fan.... see ya later you crap ex manc scum!

200th post

Edited by N17

Fair enough if it was just Ashley's decision, but I see plenty of people defending the decision to sack him. I've seen people say he wouldve taken them down that season.

If it was something the Newcastle fans didn't support, I'm surprised that my criticisms of your club's decision to sack him is met with such opposition. I wouldve thought there'd be more people who'd say maybe you were wrong to sack him when you did, as in the eyes of many educated neutral fans (and don't give me this Sky Sports nonsense), it was one of the key points in your downfall. Not the absolute pivotal one, but one of the important bits.

ewerk wanted rid of him after about 8 games, not everyone did. You see some posters on here defending the decision but i have also shown you that packed away ends at Wigan in the league and Stoke in the cup were backing the manager loudly and loyally. Thats where it matters, thats the public face of the support whose opinions and influence you are saying got rid of Allardyce. Its just nonsense.

However, given that all of us who were backing him could see that he was trying to fit a system to a set of players whose strengths lay elsewhere, there was a rather communal shrug of the shoulders when he was sacked, a lot of expressed surprise and significant proportion thinking wtf? There was no time to develop strong reasons for being opposed to ashley's decision because within 2 weeks KK was back.

Edited by ChezGiven

ewerk wanted rid of him after about 8 games,

Did I?

It was more to be illustrative really, there were plenty of fans unconvinced from the off about Allardyce on account of his fat-headed cuntishness.

And rightly so. We replaced him with Keegan and if it hadn't been for the Keegan / Ashley / Wise bust up then I don't think we'd be talking about this now. If we'd appointed Kinnear after Allardyce then the criticism of the decision would be fair enough.

It baffles me why fans of other clubs care about who we do or don't want to be our manager.

I couldn't give a fuck who manages Blackburn, not in an angry way either, it just wouldn't occur to me to be concerned about it.

It baffles me why fans of other clubs care about who we do or don't want to be our manager.

I couldn't give a fuck who manages Blackburn, not in an angry way either, it just wouldn't occur to me to be concerned about it.

I keep more of an eye on the oldskool clubs like Forest, Wed and Leeds rather than Blackburn or Hull or whatever.

Jesus Wept, if bigchrissillyknackers couldn't see that Allardyce was woefully out of his depth/misguided in his time here, then he needs to hitch himself into some sort of therapy program. More bollocks by people that didn't actually watch any of him when he was here but feel they know everything anyway. It amazes me how the only people from opposing teams that find their way here could very well be created by the media themselves to spout their inane bollocks and generally make no real sense.

EDIT: I posted this while reading the 3rd page to find Chez illustrating his point far better than I ever will, thus making this redundant. Hooray!

Edited by Stiva

I keep more of an eye on the oldskool clubs like Forest, Wed and Leeds rather than Blackburn or Hull or whatever.

Blackburn are even more old school then them though. We were last winning titles in the 1920's!

For what its worth, I fully understand why you're all against Allardyce. It was all pretty crap when he was there, but then most of your managers after Robson have been awful.

As for Wacky Jnr's post, I'd say no deal. Alan Smith is such an awful player, you'd have to bid £2.5m and Smith for Roberts!

Edited by Billy Castell

if you'll notice how the story is written by "sportsmail reporter" and how no reporter attatches his name to this bollocks then you'll realise its lazy journalism of the highest order..............allardyce is under strict orders to knock 5m off the wages and reduce the squad size so a washed up crock and overpaid leech from the championship is really not a go'er ;)

You hope. :lol:

News of the World:

TONY PULIS will fight Blackburn and Sunderland for £3million Newcastle striker Alan Smith.

Stoke boss Pulis wants to bring in proven Premier League players this summer but Smith, 28, would have to take a massive cut on his £60,000-a-week wages.

The Potters are also targeting Manchester United forward Fraizer Campbell and Manchester City hitman Ched Evans.