Ashley ain't putting anymore money in.

Park Life

This is what the Barclays thing is all about. We are now borrowing directly from the bank for running costs/wages etc. MA is taking himself completely out of the loop.

I didn't think that was ever in any doubt. But surely the club should still be generating (and already have) generated enough to keep us going in the short term without anything from him? There was never any talk in the past that we needed hand outs just to keep ticking over.

Player purchases will obviously be a problem but I wouldn't think it should be panic stations.

I didn't think that was ever in any doubt. But surely the club should still be generating (and already have) generated enough to keep us going in the short term without anything from him? There was never any talk in the past that we needed hand outs just to keep ticking over.

Player purchases will obviously be a problem but I wouldn't think it should be panic stations.

The way things are the 15m parachute payment is good for about 3 months wages. Then what? Need to get nearly all the high earners off the books as there will be no more PL telly money coming in late July.

*They have admitted there are no relegation wage cuts in the contracts.

Edited by Park Life

12 weeks to get a buyer or go into administration then!?

The points deduction + our few decent players sold + no money to replace them = Straight down to League One

I don't know man. But things aren't looking good. New owners with cash asap is a lot to hope for......But you never know. I'd be happy with sensible owners, I've almost given up on rich.

When does the Milner money come in?

July + the Given/N'Zogbia money.

Myabe the fat cunt was right all along to not spend money before it arrived.

I don't buy into this player wages tripe.

There's no way our wage bill is remotely as high as some people believe.

what makes you think so? we are paying the likes of duff and smith 60000 a week for gods sake

I don't buy into this player wages tripe.

There's no way our wage bill is remotely as high as some people believe.

You reckon the audited accounts are made up? :icon_lol:

More so stuff like being on £50k I reckon.

As soon as Ashley came in they were talking about a dramatic drop in wages being a problem, now that it's more of a problem if bit part players and loan signings are earning a fortune that's the story they run with.

Well if you look at the players we have left i can't see how it's anywhere near the £71m being claimed....

We all know Bassong is on 5k... not the 30k...!!!

Which casts major doubts over other silly claims, such as Xisco being on 50k.

Player Wages

If anyone can point me to a more reliable place to look up wages - i'd love to know more.

Yeah that's what thought they'll all be on shite money.

I'm sure Taylor threatened to walk over his last contract. Milner was sold (over poor wages) and Butt only recently signed a new contract (50k my ass).

Can't deny the figures, they are taken from the accounts and the Deloitte auditors who deals with all the Premiership clubs. You might want to live in a dream world and believe forum posters and other people apparently in the know's suggestions about individual player wages. But the total numbers are there for all to see. Newcastle one year ago paid £74.5m a year on wages, and it's likely to have raised since then.

That's more than £20m above other teams like Aston Villa, Manchester City (at the time), Porttmouth, Tottenham etc. AND actually closer to Liverpool than those club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multi...3__1416113a.pdf

Can't deny the figures, they are taken from the accounts and the Deloitte auditors who deals with all the Premiership clubs. You might want to live in a dream world and believe forum posters and other people apparently in the know's suggestions about individual player wages. But the total numbers are there for all to see. Newcastle one year ago paid £74.5m a year on wages, and it's likely to have raised since then.

That's more than £20m above other teams like Aston Villa, Manchester City (at the time), Porttmouth, Tottenham etc. AND actually closer to Liverpool than those club.

Ah the ever reliable newspaper source....

You need to look at the squad and put wages next to the players still on our book. Then let me know if you still think it's over £74m. I struggled to get it above 40m and I reckon it's closer to £35m (if that).

Remember 2007/2008 would have been a costly year for the club and the 74m being quoted will most likely include pay-off to Fat Sam, Fat Fred et al and a signing on fee for Keegan.

Now take your finger off the 'fire sale' panic button and sit on your hands.

Ah the ever reliable newspaper source....

You need to look at the squad and put wages next to the players still on our book. Then let me know if you still think it's over £74m. I struggled to get it above 40m and I reckon it's closer to £35m (if that).

Are you fucking stupid? The accounts say £70m so if you take out the wages of our admin staff and board then it's still in excess of £65m.

Look at our current squad before you reply you fucking spoon. Do you REALLY think they are on over £50m...

The 'wages' figure can be made up of anything.

Look at our current squad before you reply you fucking spoon. Do you REALLY think they are on over £50m...

The 'wages' figure can be made up of anything.

Anything? coffee consumed? hotel rooms stayed in? that sort of thing?

Id always assumed it was for the amounts of money we pay staff, now looking at our current squad compared to when the accounts were done and yes, weve got rid of a couple of players but we've also renewed contracts for others. Those that went wouldnt have accounted for £30million as you suggest.

Maybe now that Owen is a free agent then we can clear about £6mil off in one swoop but before that I'd say we maybe are £3mil better off than in 07/08.

Then take into account the severe drop in income that happened last season and you'll probably find that our wages to turnover percentage is quite a bit higher for 08/09 than in 07/08.