Freddy Shepherd

ohhh_yeah

Freddy Shepherd to launch £75million Newcastle takeover bid

Exclusive by Brian McNally

Former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd will launch a £75million takeover bid this week to resume control at the stricken Tyneside club.

And if Shepherd persuades owner Mike Ashley to accept his offer it will mean Geordie legend Alan Shearer will stay on as the Magpies' manager.

The initial indications from the Ashley camp are that there is no objection to Shepherd taking charge as long as a price can be agreed . And while neither party will comment on the takeover move because of confidentiality clauses, talks will take place on Tuesday which look like returning Shepherd to the chairman's office on the fifth floor at St James' Park.

It is understood that Shepherd's consortium consists of himself, son Kenneth and wealthy overseas investors.

Ashley put the club up for sale for the second time this season eight days ago, telling associates that he was looking for a quick sale at £100m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21420972/

I know Shepherd made a lot of stupid mistakes last time and he came in for massive flack from the fans, sacking robson with no replacement lined up, spending too much money and crippling the club etc.

But, If this is a true story and he does come back, do you think he will have learnt his lessons from his previous spell, He must have known the state of the club when he left financially was a night mare and we were heading in a frightening direction.

I'd like to think maybe he has learnt his lesson, and if he was to return he would clear all this debt, clear out the squad and start again sensibly. Or is this just too much to ask and am I being gullible?

Im split. One half say no matter how much of a twat the bloke was, we were mostly at the right end of the table. Im also desparate for Ashley to sell. However, FS bled the club dry last time over as well.

Im split. One half say no matter how much of a twat the bloke was, we were mostly at the right end of the table. Im also desparate for Ashley to sell. However, FS bled the club dry last time over as well.

If he's the front man for a consortium and they make him accountable for all of his actions then I'm happy for him to come back. Last time he seemed to be able to do whatever he wanted. Hopefully this time he'd have specific duties, no interfering with the managers job whatsoever

If he's the front man for a consortium and they make him accountable for all of his actions then I'm happy for him to come back. Last time he seemed to be able to do whatever he wanted. Hopefully this time he'd have specific duties, no interfering with the managers job whatsoever

It's where I am on him. Fatty + behavior mod = not so bad.

It's where I am on him. Fatty + behavior mod = not so bad.

For me Fred is the reason why we are where we are today... his appointment of Souness was the start of all this