Dyer plagued by fitness woe

Geordie Boyo

Anyone see this the other day?

Tuesday's gossip column

All the latest football gossip from the day's papers.

Manchester United officials intervened to stop the broadcast of a Roy Keane interview on club television channel MUTV in which he criticised several players. (Various)

Keane could be out of Old Trafford in the January transfer window after his outburst. (The Sun)

Steve Staunton will take over as Republic of Ireland manager next week. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs captain Ledley King is happy to sign a new deal with the club. (The Guardian)

Sir Bobby Robson will take over at Hearts but only if they significantly improve the financial package on offer. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough are worried about losing midfielder George Boateng on a free transfer at the end of the season. (Daily Mail, Daily Mirror)

Mansfield will appoint Peter Shirtliff as their permanent manager after his spell as caretaker boss. (Daily Mail)

An unnamed player has tested positive for cocaine three times in the last 18 months but has avoided a life ban. (The Guardian)

Celtic have lined up Belarus striker Vitaly Kutuzov as a replacement should John Hartson leave the Glasgow club. They have been given first option on the 25-year-old, presently on loan with Sampdoria but due to leave AC Milan in the summer. (Daily Mail)

British Columbia midfielder Keegan Ayre has started a two-week trial with Hibernian. The 17-year-old Canada youth international is also wanted by Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town, Dundee and West Ham United. (Daily Express)

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ers/4394956.stm

Published: 2005/11/01 11:12:07 GMT

© BBC MMV

52538[/snapback]

but they let him play for 10minutes just to throw us off the scent!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday's gossip column

Manchester United officials intervened to stop the broadcast of a Roy Keane interview on club television channel MUTV in which he criticised several players. (Various)

Keane could be out of Old Trafford in the January transfer window after his outburst. (The Sun)

Steve Staunton will take over as Republic of Ireland manager next week. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs captain Ledley King is happy to sign a new deal with the club. (The Guardian)

Sir Bobby Robson will take over at Hearts but only if they significantly improve the financial package on offer. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough are worried about losing midfielder George Boateng on a free transfer at the end of the season. (Daily Mail, Daily Mirror)

Mansfield will appoint Peter Shirtliff as their permanent manager after his spell as caretaker boss. (Daily Mail)

An unnamed player has tested positive for cocaine three times in the last 18 months but has avoided a life ban. (The Guardian)

Celtic have lined up Belarus striker Vitaly Kutuzov as a replacement should John Hartson leave the Glasgow club. They have been given first option on the 25-year-old, presently on loan with Sampdoria but due to leave AC Milan in the summer. (Daily Mail)

British Columbia midfielder Keegan Ayre has started a two-week trial with Hibernian. The 17-year-old Canada youth international is also wanted by Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town, Dundee and West Ham United. (Daily Express)

Story from BBC SPORT:

© BBC MMV

52538[/snapback]

but they let him play for 10minutes just to throw us off the scent!

52856[/snapback]

apparently the player was banned from august 19th till a week or so ago,dyer played later thatn that,also in the article i read,the suggestion was it was a championship player.

Tuesday's gossip column

Story from BBC SPORT:

© BBC MMV

52538[/snapback]

So what suggests that the person highlighted in that article summary you make bold is actually an NUFC player let alone Dyer?

The bloke is not a Saint by any stretch of the imagination, but that does not condone him to be the brunt of all allegations in the rags.... :rimshot:

I've heard that the supplements he was taking to help his hamstring heal has had a shocking effect on his liver (along with all that drink aswell, i bet) and it's either play with a fucked liver or try and get back to full fitness without the drugs and risk tearing his hamstring whenever he plays.

Kieron driven to tears

Nov 6 2005

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Graeme Souness has shed shocking new light on Kieron Dyer's torment at the mystery illness which has left him at rock bottom. And saw the midfielder burst into tears in front of his stunned team-mates at Newcastle's training ground.

United boss Souness has revealed the incredible episode to underline the "deeply depressed" Dyer's commitment to the club. The 26-year-old - sidelined for most of the season with hamstring trouble - now faces an indefinite spell out of the game while doctors decide on a treatment for his condition.

Newcastle are refusing to disclose details, although the Sunday Sun understands Dyer is NOT suffering from a liver complaint.

But Souness has gone public on the moment he realised the depths of the England international's despair.

"I witnessed something I've never seen before - a player burst into tears in front of other players," said the Magpies manager.

"There was around eight of us - players and physios - in the treatment room on Tuesday and Kieron just burst into tears, and I had to take him to the doctor's room.

"He burst into tears because he feels frustrated and he feels he's letting everyone down.

"We all felt emotional and felt for Kieron because I like to think we've got a team spirit going. There was no mickey-taking from the rest of the players at that point.

"This is a hard environment to work in, the banter can be extremely cruel at times. But for five minutes afterwards, the players were still in shock."

Souness added: "Kieron knows people out there think that there's something he needs to do differently to get back.

"He wants the supporters to know that it's nothing he's done, and that he's done everything he possibly can to get back.

"Kieron's been extremely low . . . he's deeply depressed."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Kieron driven to tears

Nov 6 2005

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Graeme Souness has shed shocking new light on Kieron Dyer's torment at the mystery illness which has left him at rock bottom. And saw the midfielder burst into tears in front of his stunned team-mates at Newcastle's training ground.

United boss Souness has revealed the incredible episode to underline the "deeply depressed" Dyer's commitment to the club. The 26-year-old - sidelined for most of the season with hamstring trouble - now faces an indefinite spell out of the game while doctors decide on a treatment for his condition.

Newcastle are refusing to disclose details, although the Sunday Sun understands Dyer is NOT suffering from a liver complaint.

But Souness has gone public on the moment he realised the depths of the England international's despair.

"I witnessed something I've never seen before - a player burst into tears in front of other players," said the Magpies manager.

"There was around eight of us - players and physios - in the treatment room on Tuesday and Kieron just burst into tears, and I had to take him to the doctor's room.

"He burst into tears because he feels frustrated and he feels he's letting everyone down.

"We all felt emotional and felt for Kieron because I like to think we've got a team spirit going. There was no mickey-taking from the rest of the players at that point.

"This is a hard environment to work in, the banter can be extremely cruel at times. But for five minutes afterwards, the players were still in shock."

Souness added: "Kieron knows people out there think that there's something he needs to do differently to get back.

"He wants the supporters to know that it's nothing he's done, and that he's done everything he possibly can to get back.

"Kieron's been extremely low . . . he's deeply depressed."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

53067[/snapback]

More bullshit i reckon, suprised he didn't get Terry Mac to say it.

Not fashionable to say it on here like, but I feel sorry for the lad.  Regardless of how much he's getting paid a week for being injured, I'm pretty fucking sure he'd rather be playing.

53190[/snapback]

What he said.

Not fashionable to say it on here like, but I feel sorry for the lad.  Regardless of how much he's getting paid a week for being injured, I'm pretty fucking sure he'd rather be playing.

53190[/snapback]

Top man for saying it, too.

I wish the club had just made this clear ages ago as it was blatatly obvious something wasn't right.

If the had people would have understood more and wouldn't have blamed Dyer for all of it and hated him so much.

Theres obviously not much he can do about it and like Gemmill i know he'd rather be playing and i'd rather he was as he adds something to our attack.

53190[/snapback]

Agreed. (does that make me a sheep?)

53238[/snapback]

More like a lamb by the sound of it.

Out of interest, what if a player for Newcastle turns out to be a substance abuser and because of his habit suffers from frequent injury.

How should it be handled?

Footballers whether they like it or not have certain obligations to the supporters, don't they?

To their club?

To the public in general? They are role models and should act accordingly or should they?

What if their addiction is a legal substance but just as dangerous to their health and fitness?

There has been a few discussions recently talking about how Ferguson handled the drinking club at man yoo when he took over but what about the way chelsea has handled both Borsnich and Mutu?

Edited by sammynb

53190[/snapback]

There are probably at least 5 billion people in the world I feel more sorry for than Kieron Dyer. I'm sure the 80K a week he fleeces from us will be of some comfort to him. Then, of course, there is the fact that even when he has been fit to play in the past he has refused on the grounds that "it isn't his best position". Being made the captain? The club is not worthy of him apparently.

Nobody has a clue what is wrong with him and personally I think it is pointless speculating. But no way am I going to give him any sympathy when there is real suffering in this world

53190[/snapback]

There are probably at least 5 billion people in the world I feel more sorry for than Kieron Dyer. I'm sure the 80K a week he fleeces from us will be of some comfort to him. Then, of course, there is the fact that even when he has been fit to play in the past he has refused on the grounds that "it isn't his best position". Being made the captain? The club is not worthy of him apparently.

Nobody has a clue what is wrong with him and personally I think it is pointless speculating. But no way am I going to give him any sympathy when there is real suffering in this world

53307[/snapback]

Fair enough. I feel sorry for him because I think he'd like to be playing but for some reason or other he can't. The fact that he's earning 80k a week is irrelevant. I feel sorry for Woodgate with his latest setback too, and I imagine he's earning more in a week than I do in a year.

Oh and out of interest, there are people in the world that I have more sympathy for than Dyer, you numb-nuts I didn't say he was number one. :D :D

53190[/snapback]

53307[/snapback]

Fair enough. I feel sorry for him because I think he'd like to be playing but for some reason or other he can't. The fact that he's earning 80k a week is irrelevant. I feel sorry for Woodgate with his latest setback too, and I imagine he's earning more in a week than I do in a year.

Oh and out of interest, there are people in the world that I have more sympathy for than Dyer, you numb-nuts I didn't say he was number one. :redcard::D

53310[/snapback]

Numb-nuts! :D

For some reason, I do feel sorry for Woodgate, but not Dyer. I guess I am just sick of my perceived poor attitude he has. And the fact he didn't give me his autograph (:D). And the fact he drives like a complete dick.

Obviously I don't wish the lad any ill, and if he does have something seriously wrong with him, my attitude might soften. Still wish we'd sold him years ago though.

53190[/snapback]

53307[/snapback]

Oh and out of interest, there are people in the world that I have more sympathy for than Dyer, you numb-nuts I didn't say he was number one. :redcard::D

53310[/snapback]

Numb-nuts! :D

For some reason, I do feel sorry for Woodgate, but not Dyer. I guess I am just sick of my perceived poor attitude he has. And the fact he didn't give me his autograph (:D). And the fact he drives like a complete dick.

Obviously I don't wish the lad any ill, and if he does have something seriously wrong with him, my attitude might soften. Still wish we'd sold him years ago though.

53320[/snapback]

He probably thought you were the Grim Reaper. :puke:

My moneys on Hepatitis.

53343[/snapback]

A,B, C, or D?

Generally its regarded as an STI, some variations can be fatal. Hope for his sake it isn't this. Shit, just did what I said I wouldn't - speculated on Dyer's health. :D