Ashley has outdone himself

Snake

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley seriously must be a makem or be under the employ of Shepherd to try and make him look better (something he is succeeding at fantastically well).

Can you even imagine the amount of mackems emailing admin@nufc.co. uk taking the piss? Maybe the odd genuine billionaire will get lost under a pile of mackem wind-ups. I'm struggling to believe Ashley could be stupid enough to do this unless it's part of his master plan to utterly humiliate us as well as destroy us.

As far as I can see there is absolutely no logical business reason to do this. All I can come up with is that Ashley and co are struggling to find two brain cells to rub together today or it's a wind up (either part of his grand scheme or by someone else within the club or hacking in to the website).

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems.

Ashley seriously must be a makem or be under the employ of Shepherd to try and make him look better (something he is succeeding at fantastically well).

Can you even imagine the amount of mackems emailing admin@nufc.co. uk taking the piss? Maybe the odd genuine billionaire will get lost under a pile of mackem wind-ups. I'm struggling to believe Ashley could be stupid enough to do this unless it's part of his master plan to utterly humiliate us as well as destroy us.

This is the bit that cracks me up. If there was going to be an interested party, someone willing to part with £100m, are they really going to be stumped if they don't immediately see the email address?

"ok, lets see NUFC for sale? I'll have a bit of that... wait... I can't seem to find any contact details... fuck it I'll get a pony instead."

It's just pointless.

This is the bit that cracks me up. If there was going to be an interested party, someone willing to part with £100m, are they really going to be stumped if they don't immediately see the email address?

"ok, lets see NUFC for sale? I'll have a bit of that... wait... I can't seem to find any contact details... fuck it I'll get a pony instead."

It's just pointless.

Most people with a 100 million to spare don't know how to email because they've got six other cunts to do it for them.

Ashley you fucking knob.

Cue Keith Harris on Five Live tomorrow "We've had 174,237 declarations of interest. The club will definitely be in new hands by the end of June. Buy your season tickets folks"

:lol:

You're a fucking calamitous conveyor belt Mike.

Amazed he can still surprise me with how amateurishly he operates.

He's probably busy going round the pubs in Canary Wharf, 'awight geeza, it's yawr lucky day, do I av a blindin' deal for you.'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6456878.ece

From Times OnlineJune 8, 2009

Mike Ashley brings more embarrassment on Newcastle, says George Caulkin

Short of putting the club up for sale on eBay, it is difficult to see how the club could have handled this morning's sale announcement any worse

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, has confirmed he wants to sell the club

What does the news that Mike Ashley has set the asking price at £100m mean for Newcastle?

It doesn't mean an awful lot because we knew all this anyway. We knew the club was up for sale because Mike Ashley had said so, we knew Seymour Pierce, the investment bank, had been brought in to run the sale so that wasn't new. People close to the sale said immediately that £100million was the asking price so again, it's not new.

What this announcement has done is simply add another layer of embarrassment to the club. Short of putting it up for sale on eBay, it's hard to see how this could have been handled in a more amateurish way.

To give an e-mail address for prospective buyers to contact the club is a very ham-fisted attempt to communicate with buyers and it's clearly been handled very badly.

What they are trying to do is draw a line in the sand, by saying we won't entertain offers for £75m or £80m. This is Mike Ashley naming his price and perhaps he wants to weed out those buyers who aren't serious or might not have that money. There have been a couple of stories doing the rounds that local businessmen might be interested in buying the club at that level. But this announcement is saying it's a £100m or nothing.

Do you think he will stick to that price given his apparent desperation to get rid of the club?

I was told in the immediate aftermath of the club going up for sale a fortnight ago, that he would be very lucky to get anywhere near £100m. It's all very well saying this is the price but if no one is prepared to pay it then he will be stuck with it.

This happened when he put it up for sale once before over Christmas. The money he was asking was far too high and put people off. Again it wasn't handled very well and he had to take it off the market.

It's just a very strange way of going about things. Yes, if you want to bargain with somebody then you do it in private, rather than public, but maybe this is just an attempt to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Is there anyway you can see Ashley still owning Newcastle come the start of next season?

His desire to get out is genuine, but then it always has been. It's impossible to sell something if someone doesn't want to buy it. Keith Harris, who is running the sale for Seymour Pierce, said over the weekend that there were a couple of very interested parties. You have to hope it gets done and quickly because as Alan Shearer says "everyday that passes, another Rome burns". Even if it was to go through tomorrow it could take a month to six weeks to get sorted out.

Players are reporting back for pre-season on July 1, so the club is already up against it in terms of timing and getting players in and out. Speed is really of the essence.

Is Freddie Shepherd a realistic buyer?

I have been told not. Harris as of last week had not heard anything from him. There were more rumours over the weekend that he may come back into things, but people close to him have denied that. He wouldn't be able to afford it on his own, he would have to be part of a consortium, but it appears there is no truth in those rumours at the moment.

What does this mean for Alan Shearer's future at the club?

Yet more delays. He wanted it sorted out as early as possible. We were told there might be an announcement in the first week after relegation, then the second week, and last Friday was seen as a cut-off point. He is back from holiday today and as things stand still none the wiser.

What we do know is that he is desperate to do the job, but not under any circumstances. He wants the best possible chance to get the club back into the Premier League. He doesn't simply want to be a figurehead for the Mike Ashley regime or anyone else.

The club said straight after relegation that Shearer was 110 per cent their choice to be manager, but things don't look that way at the moment.

Is there any prospect of Newcastle putting all this behind them before the start of next season?

You get to the point where you think the club may have bottomed out, where you think that maybe the bad news is over and then something else happens. It's very difficult to look beyond the next few days where Newcastle are concerned.

Newcastle have to appoint Alan Shearer as a matter of huge urgency. He's the one who gives them credibility with the supporters and credibility within football. He gives the club some stature with players who might come in and although it is wrong to talk about any kind of feel good factor after what has happened, he gives them something they don't otherwise have.

Without him it is very difficult to see where they go.

Edited by trophyshy

This is kinda rockbottom. Its so fucking hopeless i dont have words...

Even Peter Griffin would have made a better job... :lol:

How about Nick Griffin?

This is kinda rockbottom. Its so fucking hopeless i dont have words...

Even Peter Griffin would have made a better job... :lol:

Going by that username, I'd say you're a Jeff Dunham fan?

It gets more depressing with each passing day. I honestly think this clueless bastard could take us into League 1 the way things are going. Not only has he not got the slightest clue but he doesnt give a fuck about the club or the fans either.

Its hard to believe that last August I was standing about 3 yards away from him at Coventry at half time and was feeling optimistic about the future!

This £100 million loan, has he actually said he intends to write it off or is that just speculation?

Ashley made his coin with a fox like knowledge of the public's taste for brands and their habits.

Therefore he knows full well that since he got Kinnear that everything he's done has been besmirching and tainting the rich tradition of the club and he's never given a frig -- in fact he's been accelerating it.

God only knows why. Either him and his Tottenham friends are more fanatical than we ever realized was humanly possible, or he's like an autistic brat who will break his toy before he has to give it back.

It's one of the two. I actually think that when the fans turned on him after Keegan he said to himself 'Right, that's it. I'm going to show them by fucking their beloved club up and then fucking off when it is beyond repair."

It's the only explanation, otherwise I cant understand why he is behaving the way he is. Even I could run the place better and I'm shit at being organised and am not interested in business in the slightest.

Interested parties should contact Newcastle United at admin@nufc.co.uk (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details.

I bet Keith Harris is livid with the amount of Spam he is receiving. I wonder if they will accept Monopoly Money..............

Surely this charade will only ensure no-one puts in a serious bid? If I was interested in bidding, I'd realise now that the situation is absolutely dire and start thinking about getting the club for a nominal fee further down the line.