Ashley has outdone himself

Snake

I think Ashley is clueless rather than evil. He's screwed things up royally and now he's looking to make a run for it imo. He doesn't care if that makes things worse, as long as he gets out quick. He's doing the equivalent of running out of town as fast as his tubby legs can carry him, with his trousers and pants round his ankles.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United have been inundated with joke offers after Mike Ashley invited anyone interested in buying the club to make contact via email.

Supporters of Newcastle's local rivals, Sunderland, took particular delight in responding to a statement on the relegated club's website which said that potential purchasers could go through the unusual process of emailing admin@nufc.co.uk

But the invitation to email Newcastle with prank offers proved irresistible to many rival supporters. One Sunderland fan bid 10p and another wrote: "I would like to lodge an official bid to buy NUFC. The amount I am offering is £10. Should I be successful I will be appointing myself as team manager, as I am currently in a management role in the Peterlee Sunday League."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...l-address-jokes

Does anyone know if Ahsley would be in a better financial position if he sent us into administration?

If he's written off what he's paid in so far as a loss, which the sale price seems to suggest he has, the he might. The Administrator would take over the day to day running and get a best price - which would go to Ashley, Ashley would also avoid having to put any more money in for running costs.

It's a real possibility IF there's no concrete buying interest pretty soon I reckon

I think Ashley is clueless rather than evil. He's screwed things up royally and now he's looking to make a run for it imo. He doesn't care if that makes things worse, as long as he gets out quick. He's doing the equivalent of running out of town as fast as his tubby legs can carry him, with his trousers and pants round his ankles.

How Assley made the money he did is beyond me. He's a fucking :lol: merchant and an imbecile. :aye:

Relegation odds are 11/1 for next season. Thats a really good return. Perhaps Ashley is running some secret betting consortium from the Cayman Islands?

Does anyone know if Ahsley would be in a better financial position if he sent us into administration?

If he's written off what he's paid in so far as a loss, which the sale price seems to suggest he has, the he might. The Administrator would take over the day to day running and get a best price - which would go to Ashley, Ashley would also avoid having to put any more money in for running costs.

It's a real possibility IF there's no concrete buying interest pretty soon I reckon

What would happen to the players contracts? Who would pay them off, if they were paid off?

What would happen to the players contracts? Who would pay them off, if they were paid off?

I would think Administration would be a good way of dodging the contracts, you hear of people not being paid from organisations in Admin all the time. If the club/administrator has no money to make the payments then people don't get paid, I would think employees are pretty far down the line when it comes to creditors, they'd have the choice of working for nowt (as a goodwill gesture !!!) or walking away, players are like any other employee I reckon, if there's no money employees get laid off.

If a new buyer came along they could assume the contracts, but I don't know if they have to, I suppose a new buyer could say to the administrator we'll buy the club for x amount, but we only want to buy the non player bits (or possibly just take on the one's they wanted) - possibly, I ain't an expert I'm afraid.

Edited by Toonpack

I believe players are classed as football creditors and therefore come 1st in payment order

I believe players are classed as football creditors and therefore come 1st in payment order

But if there ain't any money, they'll get nowt like everyone else. They'd become free agents and once they did that any new owner wouldn't have any liability/contract to them ......I think

That said, I'd be surprised if a player (employee) came ahead of a bank with a secured deal or HM taxman etc.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has had offers of £10, Oasis tickets and a Curly Wurly after inviting offers for the Tyneside outfit by e-mail. The Magpies have been given a £100m price tag.

What an idiot. I wouldn't have believed he would be daft enough to be asking for emails had I not seen it!

Http://accountancyage.com/accountancyage/a...l-playing-field

But if there ain't any money, they'll get nowt like everyone else. They'd become free agents and once they did that any new owner wouldn't have any liability/contract to them ......I think

That said, I'd be surprised if a player (employee) came ahead of a bank with a secured deal or HM taxman etc.

Viduka, Geremi and Owen are all out of contract though.

About that, shouldn't they be gone from the club now? Heard nothing about contracts being signed and I'd have assumed they'd have run out by now. I was expecting Owen to be unveiled somewhere by now tbh.

Yes, presumably the wage bill will start to decrease from 1 July. I think we'll see player sales coming through from that date too. I don't think the club will go into administration personally.

Edited by Kitman

About that, shouldn't they be gone from the club now? Heard nothing about contracts being signed and I'd have assumed they'd have run out by now. I was expecting Owen to be unveiled somewhere by now tbh.

We're still paying them until 30th June.

We're still paying them until 30th June.

Ah right, that makes more sense.

Group declares move for Newcastle United

Jun 9 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

A FAR Eastern group has officially declared an interest in taking over Newcastle United.

The news comes a day after Toon owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale for £100m and invited people to e-mail in with bids.

The organisation, which is based in Singapore, has already said it intends to keep Alan Shearer on as manager if the move is successful.

It has links with existing football businesses, including a current Premier League club, as well as banking, property and legal services.

A high-profile football figure has been recruited to spearhead the takeover attempt for the group, which was established in the 1980s.

:: For more on the move get later editions of the Chronicle tonight and The Journal tomorrow.

Edited by ewerk