Martins wants to stay

Lazarus

£60k/90k? a week and if he doesn't request a transfer (he may get one anyway) he will still get a transfer cut and a loyalty bonus.

Not unexpected and I'm not exactly gutted about it.

Edit: Misread that, thought it said he was off. I'd rather he was tbh.

Edited by ewerk

My gut tells me he'll be about as useful as a marzipan dildo in the Championship.

I didn't know they made them out of marzipan :lol:

They sell them in the same shop as the chocolate teacups.

He'll only stay if he no-one wants to buy him. If a PL or an Italian club come in for him he'll be off like a shot. Not that I'd blame him or any other player for wanting out of this fucking shambles.

:lol:

over the moon if he stays

Same.

Looking forward to seeing another season of constant injuries and sub-par performances like hes delivered so far then fellas?

New Owner

New Manager

Easier Leauge

Here's hoping.

He would have to take a paycut.

While that is true, as far as I know his last contract had him on somewhere between 40 and 50k per week, which is less than Duff, Smith, Geremi, Barton, Viduka and Owen take in each week, so it's not as if he's one of the biggest drains and considering most of the top earners will leave it might be ok to have one or two high earners in the squad.

As for those saying they're happy he is going, Martins has scored a decent amount of goals considering the dreadful midfield, lack of service etc. He'd run rings around a lot of championship defenders and his loyalty should be applauded if this is true as there would certainly be buyers who would match his wages.

Edited by TicTacWoe

He'll only stay if he no-one wants to buy him. If a PL or an Italian club come in for him he'll be off like a shot. Not that I'd blame him or any other player for wanting out of this fucking shambles.

He's as fucking responsible as the rest of them IMO.

Martins happy to stay at St James'

Obafemi Martins is hoping he is not sold by Newcastle this summer as he wants to help the club win promotion back to the Premier League.

The Nigeria striker had been expected to be among those heading for the exit this summer following the Magpies' relegation into the Championship but he insists he is happy to stay at St James' Park.

A hefty salary and mounting interest in him could yet see the 24-year-old offloaded but, for now, Martins is planning for life in the second tier.

"I hope I am not sold," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"If the club decides to sell me I have no choice but to go. But my aim is to stay and help get Newcastle promoted next season.

"I love living in Newcastle and there are few better places to live and play.

"I know the club is for sale and that is hard for the fans. Yet I hear there could be some light at the end of the tunnel eventually."

Martins has recently been in Italy for treatment on a groin problem, but insists he will be ready to head back to Tyneside in time for pre-season.

He added: "I have been in Italy for treatment lately.

"There I spoke to a lot of people about Juventus and their demotion to Serie B (in 2006).

"Back then, they still kept very, very good players such as Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluigi Buffon. That helped them get promoted, so I can take a lot of solace from that."

"Back then, they still kept very, very good players such as Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluigi Buffon. That helped them get promoted, so I can take a lot of solace from that."

Maybe Oba can spot the difference himself... B)

Only at Newcastle

We only want to keep hold of a 500k inexperienced 19 year old currently on 5k a week and sell a £10m international striker on £40k....

...but we lose the bairn and keep hold of the resource drain.

B)

sure he's on less than the likes of smith and barton , so would be towards th back end of the names id be clearing off first .

sure his agent has some connection to a consortium bidding for us aswell .

Edited by Hadrian