Barcelona a joy to watch

BigAl

Watched the Barcelona v Panathanikos match last night and it was an absolute joy to watch, great passing, movement, finishing.

Barcelona are the team to watch and if there is any justice in football they should win the Champions League.

The lad Messi was amazing great ability and vision, it really is like a breath of fresh air watching Barca and not a 4-5-1 to be seen!!!!! :rimshot:

Watched the Barcelona v Panathanikos match last night and it was an absolute joy to watch, great passing, movement, finishing.

Barcelona are the team to watch and if there is any justice in football they should win the Champions League.

The lad Messi was amazing great ability and vision, it really is like a breath of fresh air watching Barca and not a 4-5-1 to be seen!!!!! :rimshot:

52245[/snapback]

Would like to see Barca win it (beating Chelski would be funny after the way Jose behaved in last season's tie). I fancy PSV to do well anarl, very good side with an excellent manager.

Barcelona are the best attacking force in the world but they are very susceptible at the back.

52255[/snapback]

that's the best they've played all season. rijkard is at last managing to work in van bommel. is it a coincidence that it has happened when deco is injured?

Barcelona are the best attacking force in the world but they are very susceptible at the back.

52255[/snapback]

that's the best they've played all season. rijkard is at last managing to work in van bommel. is it a coincidence that it has happened when deco is injured?

52304[/snapback]

I always got the feeling that Deco and Ronaldinho were not really compatible in the same team to get the right defensive balance.

Reminds me of a time when Djorkaeff and Zidane were competing in the french side, they couldn't really play in the same team.

Reminds me of a time when Djorkaeff and Zidane were competing in the french side, they couldn't really play in the same team.

52335[/snapback]

Strange, I remember France winning both the World and the European cup with both players in the starting line up...

52335[/snapback]

Strange, I remember France winning both the World and the European cup with both players in the starting line up...

52338[/snapback]

I meant Djorkaeff and Cantona :rimshot:

I thought France played a midfield three of Zidane in front of Petit and Deschamps at France 98 with Djorkaeff deputising when Zidane was suspended after being went off in the group match. I must confess I'm not sure about that like. In any case I agree re: Deco and Ronaldinho being too similar.

I meant Djorkaeff and Cantona :rimshot:

52351[/snapback]

Didn't Cantona have a falling out with the French FA early in his career and never play for them again?

I thought France played a midfield three of Zidane in front of Petit and Deschamps at France 98 with Djorkaeff deputising when Zidane was suspended after being went off in the group match. I must confess I'm not sure about that like. In any case I agree re: Deco and Ronaldinho being too similar.

52353[/snapback]

Incidentally, if I'm wrong I blame ISS on the Nintendo64 :rimshot:

52353[/snapback]

52356[/snapback]

Very reliable source, the people who transferred Hatem Trabelsi to Arsenal, when he still plays for Ajax.

52353[/snapback]

52356[/snapback]

Very reliable source, the people who transferred Hatem Trabelsi to Arsenal, when he still plays for Ajax.

52360[/snapback]

It only had international teams om it :angry:

:tumbleweed:

It only had international teams om it :tumbleweed:

:rimshot:

52361[/snapback]

That particular gaffe was on pes4, I'm struggling to remember line-ups on ISS64! Same people though. :angry:

It only had international teams om it :tumbleweed:

52361[/snapback]

That particular gaffe was on pes4, I'm struggling to remember line-ups on ISS64! Same people though. :angry:

52362[/snapback]

at the risk of being a complete nerd

Same publisher but completely different people

pro evo when first launched on the PS over here shared the ISS name initially but its always been Winning Eleven in japan and is/was made by a different development team to ISS.

:angry:

Still prefer ISS to Pro Evo

Edited by luckypierre

pro evo when first launched on the PS over here shared the ISS name initially but its always been Winning Eleven in japan and is/was made by a different development team to ISS.

52395[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? I remember there being a separate team that produced another version of ISS a few years ago. ISS World Cup, or something. I thought this 'Seabass' character had been the guy responsible for the main versions all the way back to SNES.

Threads do have a tendency to move off topic on this forum!

52353[/snapback]

Incidentally, if I'm wrong I blame ISS on the Nintendo64 :tumbleweed:

52356[/snapback]

52360[/snapback]

I can remember one Championship Manager (93 or 94), had Brad Friedel at Newcastle.

Also, you had to get a work-permit if you wanted to sign David Platt or Paul Gascoigne. :rimshot:

52395[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? I remember there being a separate team that produced another version of ISS a few years ago. ISS World Cup, or something. I thought this 'Seabass' character had been the guy responsible for the main versions all the way back to SNES.

Threads do have a tendency to move off topic on this forum!

52403[/snapback]

100% positive. ISS was developed by Major A who were based in Osaka. Pro evos devlopment team are in Tokyo. Not sure whats happened to ISS as the post 64 games were cack.

100% positive. ISS was developed by Major A who were based in Osaka. Pro evos devlopment team are in Tokyo. Not sure whats happened to ISS as the post 64 games were cack.

52407[/snapback]

Was Seabass involved with the previous teams? They talk about him like some kind of Messiah but I don't think any PES is yet to beat the N64 and PS versions. Just looking at the history I was surprised at how recently it became pro evo, I thought those 2 versions on the ps as pes, but they were iss. It's the only game I bother with any more but I reckon 5 may be my last one, fairly disappointed with the online effort this year.

I dont think so

I'd say the confusion comes from the borrowing of the ISS name for the first western PS releases of Winning Eleven. The two games have always been completely seperate in Japan. He'll still get mentioned as being connected to ISS because of the western name. In Japan its Winning Eleven and Jikkyou World Soccer. Simplest way to look at it is if its on a Sony machine its down to the Tokyo team and Seabass. If it was on a Nintendo machine its Major A.

Have you been playing 5 online on PS2, xbox or PC? It sounds as if its a huge improvement over 4 on the xbox which was a laggy mess for me

Edited by luckypierre

I dont think so

I'd say the confusion comes from the borrowing of the ISS name for the first western PS releases of Winning Eleven. The two games have always been completely seperate in Japan. He'll still get mentioned as being connected to ISS because of the western name. In Japan its Winning Eleven and Jikkyou World Soccer. Simplest way to look at it is if its on a Sony machine its down to the Tokyo team and Seabass. If it was on a Nintendo machine its Major A.

Have you been playing 5 online on PS2, xbox or PC? It sounds as if its a huge improvement over 4 on the xbox which was a laggy mess for me

52416[/snapback]

XBox, they haven't sorted the lag! There's apparently a massive bug with optimatch where people haven't been finding anyone else online. Konami are working on that but don't seem too concerned about the lag. They've forced it so that each player hosts a half. That's really easy to cheat and doesn't take into account that some people just have much better connections. Anyway, if they don't sort it out I won't buy anything else from Konami. Have to say offline this is a great version of PES, though.