Group Declares Interest in Takeover

Matty

Nah no idea about that!

But my Dad is keeping tabs on the paul!

Honeyburst, nice :aye:

Same finish as mine, Mark Knopfler reckons the plain tops sound nicer too!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah no idea about that!

But my Dad is keeping tabs on the paul!

Honeyburst, nice :lol:

Same finish as mine, Mark Knopfler reckons the plain tops sound nicer too!

Him and 80+ others, never had as many watchers on anything

Loads of Krauts and Frogs been messaging and strangely (to me) Portugese, who I never really pictured a Les Paul type people, is that a guitarist statement :aye:

Mark Knopfler reckons the plain tops sound nicer too!

:lol:

That's true man.

I'm not paying a fortune for a Les Paul unless I know what Im talking about :aye:

just seen that thing on the "profitable group" on ssn, saying all the right things so far putting "someone with proper knowledge" in place behind the scenes (I would hope as chief exec or whatever it is) fans trust etc

hope this goes through

What would a company get from turning the club into a supporters trust a la Barca? Smells fishy to me......

Well, I am guessing if we do well: World wide recognition and a lot of moneys.

Edited by Attain

What would a company get from turning the club into a supporters trust a la Barca? Smells fishy to me......

Well, I am guessing if we do well: World wide recognition and a lot of moneys.

But but......wouldn't that be a lot of moneys that goes to the trust?

If this is legit, it could be interesting.

Regarding the Trust, NUSC is 95% on the way to becoming a Supporters Trust. Our members have agreed to becoming a Trust, we've been accepted and all the paperwork is in. It's just a case of Supporters Direct completing it. So if this group wanted a trust, there's one ready and waiting.

My guess is talk of Barca is a red herring. If they did set up a supporters trust, only a small proportion of the shares would go into it. Assuming this story isn't a load of crap of course

More importantly, how would they make money out of us? We don't exactly have a track record of it........

Yeah, seems very strange. Only possible outcome I could see would be if all they did was restructure the club and use a trust setup to repay the investment with a decent return. But there's gotta be better ways of making money out there.

More importantly, how would they make money out of us? We don't exactly have a track record of it........

Given the facility's at the club and the following, I think we are a bargain, they will need to invest in players, but they will make money if they can commit long term.

Given the facility's at the club and the following, I think we are a bargain, they will need to invest in players, but they will make money if they can commit long term.

I guess it would be capital growth but that would need investment as you say, promotion and relative success. Can't see them giving away too many shares to a supporters trust therefore. Plus an exit in the medium term. Needs an investor with money and a clue what they're doing. Who knows if this mob fit the bill....

From the Independent

Newcastle United remain managerless three weeks before the squad is due to return to pre-season training. Another 24 hours passed without Alan Shearer receiving a call from club owner Mike Ashley to say that he is or is not wanted on a permanent basis.

Given that Ashley's view a fortnight ago was that Shearer was the man for the job, Shearer is entitled to be bemused by the lack of information. If, as it increasingly appears, Ashley has decided to sell the club without appointing a manager, then Shearer deserves to be told, though that would cause fury on Tyneside.

With City of London sources pouring cold water on claims from a Singapore-based company, the Profitable Group, that it has held talks with Ashley about a £100m buy-out, a UK-based consortium and an American grouping remain the two parties most likely to buy Newcastle.

Who the fuck are we supposed to be listening to these days? :aye:

From the Independent

Newcastle United remain managerless three weeks before the squad is due to return to pre-season training. Another 24 hours passed without Alan Shearer receiving a call from club owner Mike Ashley to say that he is or is not wanted on a permanent basis.

Given that Ashley's view a fortnight ago was that Shearer was the man for the job, Shearer is entitled to be bemused by the lack of information. If, as it increasingly appears, Ashley has decided to sell the club without appointing a manager, then Shearer deserves to be told, though that would cause fury on Tyneside.

With City of London sources pouring cold water on claims from a Singapore-based company, the Profitable Group, that it has held talks with Ashley about a £100m buy-out, a UK-based consortium and an American grouping remain the two parties most likely to buy Newcastle.

Who the fuck are we supposed to be listening to these days? :aye:

Easy - anyone apart from the club..DOH!

Steve McMahon? :aye:

Fuck me, what the hell does he know about us? Thought it'd be someone with at least some association with the club they way they were going on about it...

Telegraph basically says this is a load of bollocks currently, as it was when they raised their heads last year.

The prospects of Alan Shearer being restored to the Newcastle United manager's office by a Singapore-based investment company were looking doubtful on Tuesday night.

The Profitable Group on Tuesday declared its interest in buying the club and hiring Shearer as well as raising the St James' Park capacity to 60,000.

It also said it would turn Newcastle into the Barcelona of English football by creating a trust to increase fans' influence.

Sources at the Profitable Group, where Steve McMahon, the former Liverpool and England midfielder, is commercial director, initially insisted that talks had already started with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias over a £100 million deal, but the sports retail tycoon's camp were understood to have been taken by surprise by the announcement.

"This is news to us," a reliable source close to Ashley said. "No one from Singapore has spoken with anyone involved and there has been no contact. "Talks with three groups who want to remain anonymous for now are ongoing."

The source added: "They don't want to be known just yet. That is how we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media."

That response followed a source at the Profitable Group claiming: "We are interested in buying Newcastle United – and we're putting together a plan. We have spoken with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias and we are hoping we can reveal a lot more in the next few days."

The company later moved to put the record straight by admitting that negotiations had yet to get under way. A bid is still planned, although the club will remember that the Profitable Group were heavily linked with a move for Newcastle when Ashley put the club up for sale last September.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! Are we forgetting mouthpiece Kinnear giving us a running commentary on how the selling of the club wsa supposedly going last year :aye: