John Anderson slams Newcastle United bosses

Angelus71

JOHN ANDERSON has revealed his anxiety over the desperate situation Newcastle United find themselves in as the St James’s Park crisis deepens.

The respected and popular former Toon full-back is concerned that each day that goes by leaves United with an even bigger battle on their hands to convince players to sign for the Magpies.

And he has slammed owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias.

With an owner who wants out, no manager and nobody running the show when it comes to transfers in or out, Ando is deeply concerned about the situation.

He said today: “It needs to be sorted very, very quickly.

“They (Ashley and Llambias) have made a complete mess of the club from top to bottom from day one. They don’t have a clue.

“They need an owner, they need a manager, they need to get pre-season sorted out.

“The first-team is back for pre-season on July 1 and then it's only a few weeks to the start of the season. It needs sorting very, very quickly.

“People have said they will fly back out of the Championship, but other big clubs have gone down and not got out of it.

“It's a worry and it needs to be sorted very, very quickly.”

The ex-Republic of Ireland international Anderson, who served 10 years in a black-and- white shirt, believes that Ashley would have a better chance of selling season tickets if Shearer was installed as boss.

He added: “That's the worrying thing.

“He [Ashley] has put the club up for sale now – does he appoint Alan?

“He may feel he has more chance of selling with Alan in charge – they certainly have more chance of selling season tickets if he is in charge.”

Meanwhile, Anderson’s former United team-mate and Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark is hoping to secure a friendly with his old club.

Clark would like to offer Newcastle a pre-season game but, with the managerial situation up in the air, it remains unclear exactly where fans will be heading this summer.

However, with August 1 pencilled in as a free date for Clark, he’d like to invite the Magpies to the Galpharm Stadium.

He said: “I certainly wouldn’t rule out a game.

“The Saturday before the season starts is a key date, because it would be our final friendly, and I’m looking for a good test.

“With our connections (all four of Clark’s management team – Terry McDermott, Derek Fazackerley, Steve Black and Paul Stephenson – are former Newcastle employees), trying to fix up a game is something we’ve thought about.

“But so far we’ve been waiting to see what happens regarding the managerial situation.”

Edited by Angelus71

Whenever I think of Johnny Anderson, I think of the time he played with his arm in a cast. Forearm smash on Mike Ashley? :aye:

Whenever I think of Johnny Anderson, I think of the time he played with his arm in a cast. Forearm smash on Mike Ashley?

Ref, ref, he just slipped against my fore-arm! Arghh come on ref!

Edited by NewJerseyMag