Priorities revealed

Happy Face

Not happy to see Enrique or Martins on the list but they probably want out (despite what may have been said about Martins recently wanting to stay), but it does boil my blood to see no Smith on the list. Has done precisely fuck all since joining and is on 40k plus, what reason could we possibly have for keeping him?

Maybe he's taken 20k a week.

I was wondering to myself what it would do for team spirit if the new manager made a rule that he and every player in the squad would get the same base pay....say £15k a week...and all other pay was made up of bonus payments.....but everyone is on the same bonus structure (per goal, clean sheet, win, draw appearance) all clearly stated.

Never happen like, but it's more workable in the championship than the premier league. Andt if anything, it would be nice to stop the fans attacking players for what they earn, rather than how they perform.

Not happy to see Enrique or Martins on the list but they probably want out (despite what may have been said about Martins recently wanting to stay), but it does boil my blood to see no Smith on the list. Has done precisely fuck all since joining and is on 40k plus, what reason could we possibly have for keeping him?

I was wondering to myself what it would do for team spirit if the new manager made a rule that he and every player in the squad would get the same base pay....say £15k a week...and all other pay was made up of bonus payments.....but everyone is on the same bonus structure (per goal, clean sheet, win, draw appearance) all clearly stated.

Never happen like, but it's more workable in the championship than the premier league. Andt if anything, it would be nice to stop the fans attacking players for what they earn, rather than how they perform.

Been saying that for years - once you get to a certain figure (probably 20k pw imo) it's all just a pissing contest rather than the actual money from the player's pov.

I'd like to see the club provide houses and maybe cars and then pay them all 5k pw (iused to say 1k but inflation is a bitch) but then I'd allow "ridiculous" bonus payments - say 1m each for promotion - as well as the other basics as you suggest.

Been saying that for years - once you get to a certain figure (probably 20k pw imo) it's all just a pissing contest rather than the actual money from the player's pov.

I'd like to see the club provide houses and maybe cars and then pay them all 5k pw (iused to say 1k but inflation is a bitch) but then I'd allow "ridiculous" bonus payments - say 1m each for promotion - as well as the other basics as you suggest.

I see what you are getting at but the money should be going to the performers we pay to watch rather than the fat cats in the boardrooom.

Kevin Nolan - 2 million

Joey Barton - 3 million

Jonas Gutierrez - 3 million

Geremi - 1/2 million

Jose Enrique - 2 million

Coloccini - 4 million

Obafemi Martins - 6 million

Shola Ameobi - 3 million

Xisco - 1 million

Total: 24.5 million

Not a bad haul to be spent on players, and I think that I was a little conservative in my estimates if anything

Edited by Jon H

Kevin Nolan - 2 million

Joey Barton - 3 million

Geremi - 1/2 million

Jose Enrique - 2 million

Coloccini - 4 million

Shola Ameobi - 3 million

Xisco - 1 million

Not a bad haul to be spent on players, and I think that I was a little conservative in my estimates if anything

, Joey Barton, Jonás Gutiérrez, Gérémi, José Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini, Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi and Xisco

B)

Edited by Barney

and the daily mail once again out do themselves.........written by the well known journalist "dailymail sportswriter", laziest most made up story ever!!!!!!!!!

rovers chairman has already said the deadwood released this summer does'nt need replacing as 5m has to come off the wages and only quality additions will be signed, kind of rules these 3 shoddy lumps of shite out!!!!!! thank-jebus

Kevin Nolan - 2 million

Joey Barton - 3 million

Geremi - 1/2 million

Jose Enrique - 2 million

Coloccini - 4 million

Shola Ameobi - 3 million

Xisco - 1 million

You don't seriously want us to spend that much though do you?

Weren't Birmingham the Championships biggest spenders with less than £10m paid out last season?

Kevin Nolan - 2 million

Joey Barton - 3 million

Geremi - 1/2 million

Jose Enrique - 2 million

Coloccini - 4 million

Shola Ameobi - 3 million

Xisco - 1 million

You don't seriously want us to spend that much though do you?

Weren't Birmingham the Championships biggest spenders with less than £10m paid out last season?

Aye, but we'll have a lot of players to replace from an already small squad.