SS for the win.

Park Life

Of course it's to do with him I'm saying I'd rather have him and his consortium here over Profitable group, he'll encourage them to spend money and buy players and he knows the club and the region.

And if his backers don't have the money to spend?

We know fuck all about the Profitable Group's resources and intentions. We know fuck all about any potential bidders' resources and intentions. To say that you'd prefer Shepherd's bid to another is based on fuck all.

Abso-bloody-exactly!

Has nobody learned anything from the jubilation when Ashley took over.

I've learned to be as dubious and about ANY buyer as I'd be about my daughters new boyfriend. He could be nice as pie, he's still going to get the stink-eye from me until he's put a ring on her finger.

Between these two I'd rather have SS.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's to do with him I'm saying I'd rather have him and his consortium here over Profitable group, he'll encourage them to spend money and buy players and he knows the club and the region.

We know fuck all about the Profitable Group's resources and intentions. We know fuck all about any potential bidders' resources and intentions. To say that you'd prefer Shepherd's bid to another is based on fuck all.

Abso-bloody-exactly!

I've learned to be as dubious and about ANY buyer as I'd be about my daughters new boyfriend. He could be nice as pie, he's still going to get the stink-eye from me until he's put a ring on her finger.

The ex-husband who slapped her about, but at least you could talk football with him.

I see where you're coming from.

Abso-bloody-exactly!

The ex-husband who slapped her about, but at least you could talk football with him.

I see where you're coming from.

:aye:

Again, based on what?

Based on the fact that the Profitable Group look like muppets trying to enhance their profile at our expense.

Again, based on what?

Based on the fact that the Profitable Group look like muppets trying to enhance their profile at our expense.

And Shepherd? :aye:

Again, based on what?

And Shepherd? :aye:

:lol:

IF Shearer comes with him and is talking to him, I'd give him another go.

How is it based on fuck all? he's been here before, we know what he's like, we know how he reacts to situations, we know he loves the club. We know him and his backers will be able to afford to buy the club, like Parky says we can't say the same about this profitable group. The problem first time round was paying too much for players and giving to much in wages while not maintaining a high enough position to keep up the profits, this time round he may have calmed down his ambition or at least lengthened the time he wants to take to build the squad.

..and we hated him....right? :aye:

he's been here before, we know what he's like, we know how he reacts to situations, we know he loves the club.

When he was here before as Chairman, what exactly did he do that impressed you so much.

We know him and his backers will be able to afford to buy the club.

How do 'we' know that?

The problem first time round was paying too much for players and giving to much in wages while not maintaining a high enough position to keep up the profits, this time round he may have calmed down his ambition or at least lengthened the time he wants to take to build the squad.

That's certainly based on fuck all.

Yes it did get to the point when we hated him because he did fuck up a few times (managerial choices in particular) but compared to Ashley he's a fucking saint, with Sheppard here we played Champions league football and challenged for the title.

'we' know this because 'we' know Sheppard why would Sheppard state his interest and not follow up? he's hardly advertising his business we can't say the same for profitable group like Snakehips mentioned in another thread they could simply be raising the profile of their company.

Yes agreed that part is based on fuck all but I'm more confident that will be true compared to thinking this Profitable group are going to be better.

tbh I'm filled with dread about any new owner but I also hope they'll be better than the last bunch of clowns. Maybe it's best just to stay indifferent, as it's what they do that counts not the bullshit they come out with. You never know we might be pleasantly surprised.

I agree with Ewerk here, like. We know fuck all about any of the potential bidders so having a particular preference is daft.

Okay, Shepherd was here before (and need I remind you all he was a complete cunt we were glad to be rid of) but he'd be nothing but a front man in this case. He doesn't have the money to by the club himself and nee fucker is going to give Fat Fred a load of their own cash to run an asset into the ground. If he does come back it'll be a seat on the board because he knows the club type deal.

i guess the only thing i can say in Shepherds defence is he knows how a football club is run. not sure about the other lot. i know they have 'football links' but how many of these 'links' know about running a club?

i reckon the shepherd lot would be better for us for that reason only.

If you can't spell his name right then what does that say about your knowledge of him?

:aye:

Run along now.

Why don't you? cheeky Irish fuck, Stevie is bang on about you.

I really hate the idea that shep made that much cash out of us and now is bargain hunting to get us back. means the twat will have made a fortune, hell he should be able to buy us himself can only hope the consortium idea means there will be some serous funds available. It seems the most sensible option for us now, even if it really does grate on me the idea of him buggering up the books again. :aye:

I would have thought (call me mad) that FS of all people would understand the hidden structures and tolerances of football finance.

He paid £3 million for Graeme fucking Souness :aye:

I would have thought (call me mad) that FS of all people would understand the hidden structures and tolerances of football finance.

He paid £3 million for Graeme fucking Souness :aye:

Arsenal spend 30m on their youth/reserve side. So?

**Risky me mentioning them I know. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Thing is, if he comes back he'll think he's invincible, he'll think he's somehow saved us. Bear in mind that Under Shepherds reign the rot began. It was under Shepherd that we slipped from genuine title challengers playing glorious football and being loved, not mocked by the nation. Under Shepherd we became a joke of a club, that stumbled from catastrophe to catastrophe, it was only good fortune that Robson did so well. Shepherd dislodged the only man who looked like he was going to take this club forward with Souness. Souness for fucks sake. He was about to be sacked by Blackburn and we paid him a fortune to tear our club apart. It's a weird parallel that a fan favoured manager who had us playing good football, had us back in Europe wa to be replaced by a dour ex-Liverpool player/Ex-Blackburn manager from Scotland.

It seems that a lot of people are keen for Shepherd to return because they're terrified of the uncertainty that a new owner will bring. We were all so hopeful that Ashley would be the man to return us to glory and I doubt any of us could have accurately predicted* such a shocking fall from grace.

I don't buy for one second that Shepherd will somehow have mended his ways. He'll still be that guy who signed Souness, bad mouthed the Newcastle talisman, slagged off the locals and made a fool of himself on tv or radio at every opportunity. Sure he's better than Ashley, but I refuse to believe he's the only other option.

*Leazes frothing support of Shepherd does not make an accurate prediction of failure for Ashley.