SS for the win.

Park Life

Thing is, if he comes back he'll think he's invincible, he'll think he's somehow saved us. Bear in mind that Under Shepherds reign the rot began. It was under Shepherd that we slipped from genuine title challengers playing glorious football and being loved, not mocked by the nation. Under Shepherd we became a joke of a club, that stumbled from catastrophe to catastrophe, it was only good fortune that Robson did so well. Shepherd dislodged the only man who looked like he was going to take this club forward with Souness. Souness for fucks sake. He was about to be sacked by Blackburn and we paid him a fortune to tear our club apart. It's a weird parallel that a fan favoured manager who had us playing good football, had us back in Europe wa to be replaced by a dour ex-Liverpool player/Ex-Blackburn manager from Scotland.

It seems that a lot of people are keen for Shepherd to return because they're terrified of the uncertainty that a new owner will bring. We were all so hopeful that Ashley would be the man to return us to glory and I doubt any of us could have accurately predicted* such a shocking fall from grace.

I don't buy for one second that Shepherd will somehow have mended his ways. He'll still be that guy who signed Souness, bad mouthed the Newcastle talisman, slagged off the locals and made a fool of himself on tv or radio at every opportunity. Sure he's better than Ashley, but I refuse to believe he's the only other option.

*Leazes frothing support of Shepherd does not make an accurate prediction of failure for Ashley.

Bit of a sweeping statement there B) If thats your logic the same could be said of Keegan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, if he comes back he'll think he's invincible, he'll think he's somehow saved us. Bear in mind that Under Shepherds reign the rot began. It was under Shepherd that we slipped from genuine title challengers playing glorious football and being loved, not mocked by the nation. Under Shepherd we became a joke of a club, that stumbled from catastrophe to catastrophe, it was only good fortune that Robson did so well. Shepherd dislodged the only man who looked like he was going to take this club forward with Souness. Souness for fucks sake. He was about to be sacked by Blackburn and we paid him a fortune to tear our club apart. It's a weird parallel that a fan favoured manager who had us playing good football, had us back in Europe wa to be replaced by a dour ex-Liverpool player/Ex-Blackburn manager from Scotland.

It seems that a lot of people are keen for Shepherd to return because they're terrified of the uncertainty that a new owner will bring. We were all so hopeful that Ashley would be the man to return us to glory and I doubt any of us could have accurately predicted* such a shocking fall from grace.

I don't buy for one second that Shepherd will somehow have mended his ways. He'll still be that guy who signed Souness, bad mouthed the Newcastle talisman, slagged off the locals and made a fool of himself on tv or radio at every opportunity. Sure he's better than Ashley, but I refuse to believe he's the only other option.

*Leazes frothing support of Shepherd does not make an accurate prediction of failure for Ashley.

If Fat Feddie came back he would have people to answer to. There are backers who are stumping up the finances for this bid and we will have them to answer to and be accountable for any actions. He will not get away with taking money out of the club the way he has in the past and I am pretty sure if he comes back as Chairman and is doing a poor job, those with the moolah will not deal with this.

Bit of a sweeping statement there B) If thats your logic the same could be said of Keegan

I may have been caught up in the moment :)

I think I meant that it wasn't Shepherd design that brought success under Robson, but Robson's craft despite Sherpherd.

Sorry but I just cannot support the reinstating of the man who I believe brought this club to the brink of oblivion, just as I wouldn't support the continued stewardship of the man who cunt-punted it over the precipice.

Sorry but I just cannot support the reinstating of the man who I believe brought this club to the brink of oblivion, just as I wouldn't support the continued stewardship of the man who cunt-punted it over the precipice.

I have to agree. I remember the awful managerial appointments, sticking his oar in when it came to transfers, embarrassing soundbite after embarrassing soundbite. He did some things right, especially the appointment of Sir Bobby but there was no stability with Fat Fred at the helm. Some people are being very selective in their memories of him.

I know we're not in a position to be picky about who buys us but I personally would prefer we chanced our arm with Profitable/Omani consortium/Afrikaan billionaire than go back to Shepherd.

We only have Ashleys word that we were on the brink of oblivion. And this coming from a man who has quite publicly taken us to the brink of oblivion

It was agreed by almost every fan before Shepherd sold up that we had unsustainable levels of debt. I've no idea why that has changed simply because we were sold to someone who was even more inept than Freddy.

If Shepherd did come back, there would be one silver lining: we wouldn't be burdoned with that parasite D.Haaaall this time.

Unless he's part of the consortium.

Doug Hall in Gibraltar B)

"The chairman would like to confirm that Alan Shearer never said he would knock seven bells out of anyone" :)

Oh, and the empty warehouse Shepherd was renting to the club :D

Memories :blush:

“If he was standing in front of me I’d punch him on the nose.” - Freddy on John Barnwell, chief executive of the League Managers’ Association.

B)

Shhh you'll wake the Leazes.

"5th best club in the world, backed his managers, not at fault for appointments etc. etc. etc."

You'd have to worry about the people willing to be members of a consortium with FS if they still want to be in it after they've had a good look at the books.

You'd have to worry about the people willing to be members of a consortium with FS if they still want to be in it after they've had a good look at the books.

Did the police ever bring back the computers they confiscated when they raided the club? <_<

Did the police ever bring back the computers they confiscated when they raided the club? <_<

The last I heard was they had discovered Freddy Shepherd's hidden cashe and it was taking the polis an eternity to go through all the pics. Around 5gig's worth of downloaded images of peach melba's, cream tarts, strawberry tarts, battenburg cake, etc etc etc.