The non-fat Ronaldo off to Real

smoggeordie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Chelsea will win the Premiership next season based on this monumental thing happening, it's so big it's created a power shift, I don't care what happens between now and August.

It's the transfer of one player, I think you're exaggerating things a bit.

Who was injured half the season Man U still won at a canter.

Wrong answer. He played in 33 of their 38 games, but wasn't properly fit till mid October, at which time Man Utd were well off the pace 9 points at one point, and i REMEMBER THEY WERE 3/1 to win the league. Why did you say he was injured for half the season? His remergence got them back on track, and was the key reason why this happened. It is monumental, and it's a fair thing to say it's diminished them at least 30% regardless who comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if they come third next season.

Chelsea will win the Premiership next season based on this monumental thing happening, it's so big it's created a power shift, I don't care what happens between now and August.

Wrong answer. He played in 33 of their 38 games, but wasn't properly fit till mid October, at which time Man Utd were well off the pace 9 points at one point, and i REMEMBER THEY WERE 3/1 to win the league. Why did you say he was injured for half the season? His remergence got them back on track, and was the key reason why this happened. It is monumental, and it's a fair thing to say it's diminished them at least 30% regardless who comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if they come third next season.

Draws against us and Chelsea and a defeat to Liverpool in the league wasn't it while he was out? Hardly a disaster.

Wonder who the replacement will be? Benzema, Ribery?

Define what you mean by replacement?

Look it up

Well how is Benzema a replacement for Ronaldo then as they are both a completely different style of player?

I was talking shite.

Guest Stevie

Draws against us and Chelsea and a defeat to Liverpool in the league wasn't it while he was out? Hardly a disaster.

He wasn't fully fit till October/November, do you understand the concept of being injured for 3 months? Him not starting the season was the reason they were 9 points off the pace. You will see next season. 20-30 league goals a season have been taken out of the club in one swoop. It's the biggest hammerblow any club could have in English football, Liverpool would miss Gerrard, Chelsea would miss Terry, Arsenal would miss Fabregas, but none of them would be as big a miss to the style of play, results, or the club as Ronaldo is to Man Utd.

Guest Stevie

I was talking shite.

The Fish you should look at this kid HF, and realise why people don't think he's a cunt, as opposed to you.

He wasn't fully fit till October/November, do you understand the concept of being injured for 3 months? Him not starting the season was the reason they were 9 points off the pace. You will see next season. 20-30 league goals a season have been taken out of the club in one swoop. It's the biggest hammerblow any club could have in English football, Liverpool would miss Gerrard, Chelsea would miss Terry, Arsenal would miss Fabregas, but none of them would be as big a miss to the style of play, results, or the club as Ronaldo is to Man Utd.

I'm sure Fergie still didn't want to sell like...but it was probably the agreement last year. "Och, give us one moore season laddie, and by jings yae can go wi mae blessing"

I'm not sure about the 9 points claim but I know they had at least one game in hand due to the Super Cup game. they dropped 7 points in his absence, 5 of which were against Chelsea and Liverpool, games in which he'd likely have done fuck all anyway.

I'm not saying he won't be a big miss for them but I'd still have them down as favourites for the title next season.

I'm not sure about the 9 points claim but I know they had at least one game in hand due to the Super Cup game. they dropped 7 points in his absence, 5 of which were against Chelsea and Liverpool, games in which he'd likely have done fuck all anyway.

I'm not saying he won't be a big miss for them but I'd still have them down as favourites for the title next season.

They won 60% of the games he missed

They won 75% of the games he played.

Wasn't there some stat a while ago about how Liverpool won a higher percentage of games without Gerrard?

Edited by ewerk

Wasn't there some stat a while ago about how Liverpool won a higher percentage of games without Gerrard?

And that we were better off with Geremi in the team

And that we were better off with Geremi in the team

We were B)

Wonder who the replacement will be? Benzema, Ribery?

Define what you mean by replacement?

Look it up

Well how is Benzema a replacement for Ronaldo then as they are both a completely different style of player?

Goals are goals. You dont have to replace one player with a carbon copy of him. If you really want to argue about semantics though im game B)

Without Gerrard Won 43%

With Gerrard Won 71%

Without Geremi Won 23%

With Geremi Won 13%

Can't believe I just compared (or even contrasted) gGeremi with Ronaldo and Gerrard.

Without Gerrard Won 43%

With Gerrard Won 71%

Without Geremi Won 23%

With Geremi Won 13%

Can't believe I just compared (or even contrasted) gGeremi with Ronaldo and Gerrard.

At a point in the season both were the case (maybe Geremi was last year, not sure)

Without Gerrard Won 43%

With Gerrard Won 71%

Without Geremi Won 23%

With Geremi Won 13%

At a point in the season both were the case (maybe Geremi was last year, not sure)

More raw data = increased accuracy of results

B)

Without Gerrard Won 43%

With Gerrard Won 71%

Without Geremi Won 23%

With Geremi Won 13%

You can use 'facts' to prove anything. B)

However, it doesn't take into account the teams they were playing or the form of the other players in the team, the length of time he was out etc. I'm not saying he won't be a loss but it's not a catastrophic loss.

Guest Stevie
I know, surely it only counts in the currency that was paid? So really Ronaldo is the only one to beat Zidanes record

PMSL B)