Road Signs Mock Clubs Relegation

Tom

_45905819_toonsign2.jpg

A pair of comedy road signs mocking Newcastle United's relegation from the Premier League have been unveiled by cheeky Sunderland supporters.

One sign, on the A184, has an arrow pointing towards Tyneside and reads: "Sid James' Park, the biggest stadium in the 'Fizzy Pop' league'."

The other, on the road to Sunderland, says: "The Stadium of Light, the North East's only Premier League stadium."

A video of the stunt was posted on the video sharing website YouTube.

o.gif

The signs have been fixed to empty posts which used to bear official road signs.

Last month, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale after saying sorry to fans for the mistakes which cost them relegation to the Coca Cola Championship.

He said: "It's been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and made terrible decisions."

Earlier this week, Sunderland supporters made scores of bogus bids for Newcastle United when the club asked for offers via email.

Newcastle fan John Monaghan, 35, of Heaton, said: "They are entitled to laugh, after all, we laughed at them when they were relegated in 2003 and then again in 2006.

"But it's hard to find anything very funny at the moment if you're a Newcastle fan."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8095917.stm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is quite hard for me to call, to be honest I can only think of Newcastle right now and despite our plight I'm looking forward to next season and I am up for it.

They are revelling in it but I'm not fussed, a yo-yo club who has managed two years in the premier league currently, who narrowly stayed up last year should think before they speak.

At the end of the day the biggest emotional feeling these people have received from football comes from our position and not theirs.

Muppets. Might be more convincing if they hadn't been such a yo yo club themselves. Still what goes around comes around and we've been laughing ourselves stupid at Sunderlol for years.

_45905819_toonsign2.jpg

A pair of comedy road signs mocking Newcastle United's relegation from the Premier League have been unveiled by cheeky Sunderland supporters.

One sign, on the A184, has an arrow pointing towards Tyneside and reads: "Sid James' Park, the biggest stadium in the 'Fizzy Pop' league'."

The other, on the road to Sunderland, says: "The Stadium of Light, the North East's only Premier League stadium."

o.gif

The signs have been fixed to empty posts which used to bear official road signs.

Last month, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale after saying sorry to fans for the mistakes which cost them relegation to the Coca Cola Championship.

He said: "It's been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and made terrible decisions."

Earlier this week, Sunderland supporters made scores of bogus bids for Newcastle United when the club asked for offers via email.

Newcastle fan John Monaghan, 35, of Heaton, said: "They are entitled to laugh, after all, we laughed at them when they were relegated in 2003 and then again in 2006.

"But it's hard to find anything very funny at the moment if you're a Newcastle fan."

To the untrained eye, it looks photoshopped. But what do I know, eh? If the BBC says it was 'unveiled', then it must be there.

regretfully this is the price we pay for failure at SJP - being mocked by the stupid, retarded morons from the south

they've kept their mouths shut for quite a few years but you can't chaneg them - the old cloven hoof is always there

and it'll get worse.......

_45905819_toonsign2.jpg

o.gif

To the untrained eye, it looks photoshopped. But what do I know, eh? If the BBC says it was 'unveiled', then it must be there.

Sadly, they are there...drove past them the other day.

Was tempted to pull them down, but it would be harsh to spoil something that brings enjoyment to so many simpletons. Almost like abusing the mentally ill.

Typical mackems, they've put it on a sign on the wrong side of the barrier, thus facing the wrong way (technically)

Check the barrier and where the cars are comming from on the signs side of the road

Edited by Toonpack

new level of sadness

Don't know if this has been posted before, but surely this was a new level of sadess?

Comically, they took the piss out of "boycoutt" but are completely incapable of using an apostrophe in their sign (incidentally, made by the owner of the sign-making company - not a good advert for accuracy!)

on a side note, my mate went in there and found a piece of paper and a number on advertising sex which dropped out of 1 of the magazines when he picked one up.

anyway, he had them on for a bit texting whoever it was to arrange it, then to cut a long story short they demanded that he "leaves the money behind argos".

dodgy as owt

new level of sadness

Don't know if this has been posted before, but surely this was a new level of sadess?

Totally unrelated, but I use Firefox with the Flagfox-application where you can see a website's server location.

So, the website of the S*n is hosted on a FRENCH server. B)

This one is quite hard for me to call, to be honest I can only think of Newcastle right now and despite our plight I'm looking forward to next season and I am up for it.

They are revelling in it but I'm not fussed, a yo-yo club who has managed two years in the premier league currently, who narrowly stayed up last year should think before they speak.

At the end of the day the biggest emotional feeling these people have received from football comes from our position and not theirs.

Cant fight our corner in that one, a yo-yo club we have been. But times have now changed, your in the championship with no owners, no manager, probably very little to spend on transfers next season and a full sqaud who are thrashing your wage bill and the majority of whom want to leave for bigger clubs.

Whilsts we are in the Premiership with a New Manager looking to take us forward, A new board who will give us full backing and plenty of money for transfers and a future, that if managed correctly, looks bright.

ut times have now changed, your in the championship with no owners, no manager, probably very little to spend on transfers next season and a full sqaud who are thrashing your wage bill and the majority of whom want to leave for bigger clubs.

A lot of that is hard to say at the moment, wait and see eh?

ut times have now changed, your in the championship with no owners, no manager, probably very little to spend on transfers next season and a full sqaud who are thrashing your wage bill and the majority of whom want to leave for bigger clubs.

A lot of that is hard to say at the moment, wait and see eh?

I think most of what he says is spot on at the moment like.