Road Signs Mock Clubs Relegation

Tom

Friendly, does it bother mackems that we don't care about them half as much as they care about us?

It always makes me chortle that whenever I read through the SMB and they get accused of being obsessed their retort is always "Nor, there's loads of threads on Newcastle websites about us!" when on any given day you could struggle to find one thread about the Mackems on either here or N-O. Even when their world is falling down such as when Keane left I think there was one solitary thread on either board B)

It makes me laugh that you lot like to think we care and are obsessed with your club, come off it. I know your up shit creek at present and the best comebacks you have are about bringing up the past and what Newcastle nearly achieved, but f*ck me, you the deluded ones if you really think we care about your club over our own.

Do you read the SMB? Because in all seriousness, that is the case over there. I can remember when we lost to Partizan nearly all the threads were about us. Which frankly is not reciprocated on Newcastle boards to anywhere near the same extent.

You seem like a decent fan who puts his club first, but there definitely seems to be more bitterness on behalf of the mackems than us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant FM is that you're not really going to crack the second tier, your club hasnt the draw that bigger clubs do. The best sunderland can hope for is a random jaunt into Europe by virtue of the inter-two-bob or 10th... ish.

Newcastle will be back and putting partisanship aside ofr the moment, when we're in the premiership we're a club that doesn't look out of place amongst the 5th-9th placed team. If the mackems ever scaled that height the talk would not be of "rightly so", it'd be "you fucking what?"

No offence, but your just not that big a deal.

proof positive is the column inches spent reporting on a (now) championship club, ahead of premier league clubs. Portsmouth are in the middle of a tortuous take-over, West Ham are on the skids, but the back pages talk about Newcastle United. For better or worse, we matter more.

We wouldnt look out of place in the top half of the table imo. We have a good manager, a quality stadium, a huge following and if we get the right players in, then like i said earlier, the future is bright. Your club on other hand..................................

The reason your on the back pages as much as you are is becuase of the simple fact that your club is in such a state atm, the majority of stories are mainly about who will take you over, will Shearer be manager and which players will be staying/going. Exiting stuff! if thats anything to be proud of then im happy for you.

If Sunderland would be in a situation like us right now, do you think there would be so many stories?

So many stories! B) The only stories, like ive said, Shearer, Mike Ashley and what players will/stay or go............................

Theres loads of stories about new owners, Shearer and who goes and who stays. But you didn't answer my question, do you think there would be so many of stories like that if you were in the exact same situation?

But thats my point, there isnt as many stories as you think there is. To answer your question, if we were managerless, up for sale and needed to sell our quality players, then yes i think there would be stories

Friendly, does it bother mackems that we don't care about them half as much as they care about us?

It always makes me chortle that whenever I read through the SMB and they get accused of being obsessed their retort is always "Nor, there's loads of threads on Newcastle websites about us!" when on any given day you could struggle to find one thread about the Mackems on either here or N-O. Even when their world is falling down such as when Keane left I think there was one solitary thread on either board B)

It makes me laugh that you lot like to think we care and are obsessed with your club, come off it. I know your up shit creek at present and the best comebacks you have are about bringing up the past and what Newcastle nearly achieved, but f*ck me, you the deluded ones if you really think we care about your club over our own.

Do you read the SMB? Because in all seriousness, that is the case over there. I can remember when we lost to Partizan nearly all the threads were about us. Which frankly is not reciprocated on Newcastle boards to anywhere near the same extent.

You seem like a decent fan who puts his club first, but there definitely seems to be more bitterness on behalf of the mackems than us.

The seas of Drogba avatars after the UEFA Cup semi loss too.

Believe me, i can confirm that the FreindlyMackem 'Mask' as someone called it earlier, is not the case. Im not here to take the piss, cause trouble or laugh at your expense. Im here to have a bit a banter with rival fans, plain and simple.

What I meant FM is that you're not really going to crack the second tier, your club hasnt the draw that bigger clubs do. The best sunderland can hope for is a random jaunt into Europe by virtue of the inter-two-bob or 10th... ish.

Newcastle will be back and putting partisanship aside ofr the moment, when we're in the premiership we're a club that doesn't look out of place amongst the 5th-9th placed team. If the mackems ever scaled that height the talk would not be of "rightly so", it'd be "you fucking what?"

proof positive is the column inches spent reporting on a (now) championship club, ahead of premier league clubs. Portsmouth are in the middle of a tortuous take-over, West Ham are on the skids, but the back pages talk about Newcastle United. For better or worse, we matter more.

We wouldnt look out of place in the top half of the table imo. We have a good manager, a quality stadium, a huge following and if we get the right players in, then like i said earlier, the future is bright. Your club on other hand..................................

The reason your on the back pages as much as you are is becuase of the simple fact that your club is in such a state atm, the majority of stories are mainly about who will take you over, will Shearer be manager and which players will be staying/going. Exiting stuff! if thats anything to be proud of then im happy for you.

Your Friendly Mackem mask is slipping mate. You can't say anything we don't already know, all you are doing here is trying to rub our noses in it. It'll end in tears. Shall we do attendances yet?

What are you doing here?

Im not trying to rub anyones nose in it mate, im just having my say as a Sunderland Supporter. I was quite happy leaving it as it was with my first post, but for some of you to come back and say we are obsessed with your club and how big you think your club is, then i thought id say something, thats what a forum is for isnt it?

God I can't beleive I'm getting drawn into this but fuck it, it's Friday after all...

Do you really think that every single Sunderland Fan has an obsession with your beloved club?

No, no-one thinks that. That would be fucking ridiculous.

You've had your fun over the years, now its time for us to mock you. I for one, like many other Sunderland Fans, want to concentrate on our club and what the future holds for us rarther than laugh at your demise. I'll admit, i found this all very funny at the end of the season, but now it is rarther tedious.

Totally agree and you have hit the nail on the head. It is rather tedious, but there are still a lot of the people who follow the same football club as you continuing to revel in our demise. Fair play to them, but you are effectively agreeing that it is pathetic. Like yoursefl I imagine, I just couldn't be arsed, but there are probably a number of people who follow the same team as me who could be arsed if the roles were reversed. Sad all of it really, given our obvious similarities outside of which fucking terrible team we follow. Is it just banter? I suppose it is, maybe your lot are keener banterers in our direction? Does that feel better?

I won't be drawn into the big club shit, we are fucking rubbish at the minute, you were rubbish very recently. We both have quite a lot of fans and live on a river.

Fuck this, I'm off to get smeshed. Have a good weekend all of you.

Hallo, first post as I have have just joined up, left last blog as they too went downhill...... they had the odd spuds fan as they're 'thorn' was quite funny to read tho.

SMB's not obsessed with the toon ? why post on a toon blog?

Fair play to the mickey taking and general banter, but its all regenerated stuff that has been going the other way for years......

are they giving the smogs the same stick? I've no idea as there is far more interesting stuff to look up on the net than mackem and smoggies blogs...

All those sat in the 10 front rows of the stadium of ........... do they realise the amount of methane gas which is seeping thru from the old pit ? yeah check out the big vent holes in the concrete as you walk up the stairs to ur seats, look thru them if u have a death wish and read all the polite comments left by the geordie builders !! well funny. I was 'lucky' enough to be paid to work there as a contractor when the place was thrown up.

I work all over the north east and it IS true that our demise is more important than a team who could have bought ronaldo with the £80 million keane threw away, but are still overjoyed with a Geordie manager in Bruce who quotes ' shopping in aldi, instead of bindipping '. and are so overjoyed at the toon going down.

your welcome to bent, shambles, and clattermole...... and finishing 13th.... been there and learn't that mistake. just shows your ambition.

we will come back stronger and better from the experience. ( with any luck ! )

Keep up the banter.......... and don't be bitter .

Your Friendly Mackem mask is slipping mate. You can't say anything we don't already know, all you are doing here is trying to rub our noses in it. It'll end in tears. Shall we do attendances yet?

What are you doing here?

Please God no. It'll end in a big club argument and they're gayer than Meenzer :)

I like a big club. B)

B)

The stadium is sinking the term is apparently 'quicksand' or liquifaction , gasses causin the soil to act like a liquid... ultimatley ending up in the whole place subsiding....... only passing on what I overheard.

True, bruce is a good manager and I am so glad he hasn't got the war chest that dog fondler got thrown at him.

But still they are way more chuffed about us than they are with they're own prospects.

shoe on the other foot I missed the derby games, now all u hear is HA U WENT DOWN ! not a good view .......

Sad

I'm not pleased with the situation FM, but at least we matter. Like I said, for better or worse, we're just a bigger deal than you. Always have been I'm afraid.

Truthfully, can you remember anything like this furore when you lot last went down?

What are you doing here?

Im not trying to rub anyones nose in it mate, im just having my say as a Sunderland Supporter. I was quite happy leaving it as it was with my first post, but for some of you to come back and say we are obsessed with your club and how big you think your club is, then i thought id say something, thats what a forum is for isnt it?

God I can't beleive I'm getting drawn into this but fuck it, it's Friday after all...

Do you really think that every single Sunderland Fan has an obsession with your beloved club?

No, no-one thinks that. That would be fucking ridiculous.

You've had your fun over the years, now its time for us to mock you. I for one, like many other Sunderland Fans, want to concentrate on our club and what the future holds for us rarther than laugh at your demise. I'll admit, i found this all very funny at the end of the season, but now it is rarther tedious.

Totally agree and you have hit the nail on the head. It is rather tedious, but there are still a lot of the people who follow the same football club as you continuing to revel in our demise. Fair play to them, but you are effectively agreeing that it is pathetic. Like yoursefl I imagine, I just couldn't be arsed, but there are probably a number of people who follow the same team as me who could be arsed if the roles were reversed. Sad all of it really, given our obvious similarities outside of which fucking terrible team we follow. Is it just banter? I suppose it is, maybe your lot are keener banterers in our direction? Does that feel better?

I won't be drawn into the big club shit, we are fucking rubbish at the minute, you were rubbish very recently. We both have quite a lot of fans and live on a river.

Fuck this, I'm off to get smeshed. Have a good weekend all of you.

Very True TrophyShy, everything u said was spot on.

I'm not pleased with the situation FM, but at least we matter. Like I said, for better or worse, we're just a bigger deal than you. Always have been I'm afraid.

Truthfully, can you remember anything like this furore when you lot last went down?

Yep and my club matters to me and i dont think you are any bigger deal than us atm and no i cant................................

The way the mackems are going on is ridiculous like, for a team that finished on 36 points.

Lots of Sunderland shirts dusted off and brought out the back of the closet, I seen some dickhead driving in his car, one Sunderland shirt on and shirts over the seats of his car. What a prick.

Also talk of us ''doing a Luton'' and future league matches against Gateshead and in the same breath talking about Sunderland signing David Beckham and winning a cup.

Yet they still call us delusional...

I met a 'few ' mackems on sat night on the lash, and I got the same response off all of them,

Question ' what game do u first look for when the fixtures come out ?'

answer....... ooooo ear wee its ooer derby game!

question ' arent you gutted that there is no derby, us and the smogs will have more of a derby this season which isn't even a derby..... where u can look forward to , arsenal, manure, chelski, bindippers!

answer......... dinnit matter mayt u gont sent down...

Best game of the season in football terms means nowt then......

they are so chuffed more than ever that we went down and haven't a single thought on exactly what they are loosing out on, ( re derby games ) and how severley spanked they are going get this season....

Personally I would love it if all three north east teams were up there fighting for honours, instead of being the shear dissapointment that all 3 of us are..... they ( the mackems ) either don't see this or are so small minded and petty that the joy of us going down is like an fa cup win.

U can talk football all day long but when a person ( or region ) is soooooo happy at our demise and take pride in the misfortune of us , all I now hope is that they go the same way as we did, go on blow your budget on prima donna's and prove u never even learnt from our mistakes. but Bruce might just change things...