Sun editor held in 'Kemp assault'

Rob W

Sun editor held in 'Kemp assault'

Sun newspaper editor Rebekah Wade has been arrested for allegedly assaulting her actor husband Ross Kemp, a star of the BBC One soap EastEnders.

Scotland Yard said police were called to an address in south London at about 0400 GMT on Thursday. "A woman was arrested for an alleged assault on a man," a spokesman said. "She is now in custody at a south London police station." Mr Kemp recently returned to EastEnders after leaving in 1999 to join ITV.

The couple married in a Las Vegas ceremony in June 2002. Ms Wade had been scheduled to attend the 50th Women of the Year Lunch at the Guildhall in London.

A spokesman for The Sun said it had no comment.

:rimshot::tumbleweed::angry::angry::angry::o:(:D:D:D:D

Steve McFadden (the other Mitchell) has been knocked about by a women n'all.

In all seriousness it is a difficult situation for a man to be in (particularly a well built man such as Kemp). What is he supposed to do? Fight back? Hitting a woman is completley unacceptable in this country. He could have tried to restrain her but may have been worried about hurting her.

Renton, I wouldn't start a fight with him just because he has reservations about hitting his wife.

In all seriousness it is a difficult situation for a man to be in (particularly a well built man such as Kemp). What is he supposed to do? Fight back? Hitting a woman is completley unacceptable in this country. He could have tried to restrain her but may have been worried about hurting her.

Renton, I wouldn't start a fight with him just because he has reservations about hitting his wife.

52861[/snapback]

Yep, it's true enough. Was a bloke on our estate who was beaten by his wife. Serious situation but we all just laughed at him, think she stabbed him in the end.

Anyone, man or woman, who gets abuse in a relationship should just walk away, some people just seem to get a kick out of it though. Knew a couple who used to batter each other, smacking each other with glass bottles and all. Not friends of mine, I hasten to add.

Edited by DotBum

52861[/snapback]

I know man, I just didn't bother with the wink.

As a matter of fact one of my best friends was routinely beaten by his girl friend until he finally moved out. I can remember no-one thought it was funny at the time. It's a strange thing culture/soceity. There's no reason a man shouldn't use appropriate force to defend themselves, but most wouldn't.