Newcastle owner Mike Ashley shelves plans for statue of Alan Shearer

Scottish Mag

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people react to CT? His football knowledge is on a par with your average grandmother's, and all he posts on here for is to get attention/bites.

"Crap manager.....this one'll get them!"

Great footballer, crap manager imo.

Can't really say that when he's only had 8 games in charge of a club :lol:

Im basing it on the job he did, The way the players talked about the job he did and first hand experience of seeing the bloke in real life. Having met him and Keegan on several occasions I can assure you he aint no Mr motivator.

Far too aloof and full of himself. Expect a Roy Keane scenario.

For a start I actually go to games - so give the Fifa 11 rubbish a rest. Why don't you go to games again?

Are you genuinely judging a manager on 8 games? Games in which he actually made some good decisions? Such as 2 subs winning us the boro match etc etc.

I'm not saying he's going to be Mourinho but It's hard to say anything. Its all conjecture till he has a proper chance to prove himself.

I don't see how you can say that. 8 games in charge, with no experience behind him, a bunch of senior players like Owen and Martins who didn't give a fuck, at a club in crisis. The ship wasn't taking on water, it was smashed below the waterline with the crew already in the lifeboats. Alec Ferguson would have struggled.

He may well be a crap manager but imo you can't conclude that from his time with us.

For a start I actually go to games - so give the Fifa 11 rubbish a rest. Why don't you go to games again?

Are you genuinely judging a manager on 8 games? Games in which he actually made some good decisions? Such as 2 subs winning us the boro match etc etc.

I'm not saying he's going to be Mourinho but It's hard to say anything. Its all conjecture till he has a proper chance to prove himself.

So you have no experience of Shearer the man, just the footballer. You stick to playing with your Shearer dolly. :lol:

So you have no experience of Shearer the man, just the footballer. You stick to playing with your Shearer dolly. :lol:

Whereas you're a close personal friend? :lol:

I don't see how you can say that. 8 games in charge, with no experience behind him, a bunch of senior players like Owen and Martins who didn't give a fuck, at a club in crisis. The ship wasn't taking on water, it was smashed below the waterline with the crew already in the lifeboats. Alec Ferguson would have struggled.

He may well be a crap manager but imo you can't conclude that from his time with us.

See my later post.

You either need to be a masterful tactician or a great motivator. Shearer, imo, is neither.

What are you talking about? You'll find no end of quotes from fellow professional footballers saying what an inspiration he is to play with and I would imagine that's normally how one successfully transcends on the pitch success into management success - leadership.

I've met the man and he was a decent bloke, someone to respect and listen to but that isn't at all relevant.

Expect a Roy Keane scenario.

Two totally different characters.

So what are you getting at?

See my later post.

You either need to be a masterful tactician or a great motivator. Shearer, imo, is neither.

Give over. You can't conclude anything from 5 minutes in any job, let alone the 5 minutes he had at NUFC under the worst of circumstances. I expect after 8 games there were people who thought Brian Clough was a bit shit. They probably drove taxis too :lol:

What are you talking about? You'll find no end of quotes from fellow professional footballers saying what an inspiration he is to play with and I would imagine that's normally how one successfully transcends on the pitch success into management success - leadership.

I've met the man and he was a decent bloke, someone to respect and listen to but that isn't at all relevant.

Expect a Roy Keane scenario.

Two totally different characters.

So what are you getting at?

Great footballer, tosser as a man. I'll join Gejon and Kevin on the ball eating side show if he ever makes a success of management.

:lol: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE RESPONDING TO THIS TWAT?

I bet he didn't attend ANY of the games that Shearer was in charge for. He's a know-nowt who gets all his chat from the tabloids. Stop biting for him man.