Sun 19 13:30 A Tottenham PREM 0-1 35,850 TB MR

Mon 27 20:00 H Portsmouth PREM 0-0 47,481 TB MR

May

Sun 03 13:30 A Liverpool PREM 0-3 44,121 TB MR

Mon 11 20:00 H Middlesbrough PREM 3-1 51,252 TB MR

Sat 16 15:00 H Fulham PREM 0-1 52,114 TB MR

Sun 24 16:00 A Aston Villa PREM 0-1 42,585 TB MR

Shearers 8 games for those that forget! :lol:

Not a lot many of blokes could have done with that!

What people who don't understand football fail to grasp is that team moral is 90% of the battle. Honestly it is. See Wimbledon they came up roughly the same time me dad used to start taking me about 86 ish give or take a year, and if it went on ability alone with no feeling, motivation or emotion then in the 15 years they were in the top flight they'd probably have accumulated 10 points a season. Their team spirit and commaraderie won them the Cup. They were all happy. If you come in at a club where the whole spirit of the players is fucked, where there's about 4 cliques within one dressing room, where certain players are probably hoping we go down anyway so they can leave the club with greater ease, you're fucked. Of those eight games as it goes, I blame Howard Webb for our relegation as much as anyone, but regardless if Shearer is the grumpiest aloof prick in the history of human activity, you can't turn around and blame him for our relegation or brand his managerial and motivational skills as worthless. You can say he's unproven, but you can't justifiably say he's fuckin pish without question based on those 8 games.

Sat 04 15:00 H Chelsea PREM 0-2 52,112 TB MR

Sat 11 17:30 A Stoke City PREM 1-1 27,382 TB MR

Sun 19 13:30 A Tottenham PREM 0-1 35,850 TB MR

Mon 27 20:00 H Portsmouth PREM 0-0 47,481 TB MR

May

Sun 03 13:30 A Liverpool PREM 0-3 44,121 TB MR

Mon 11 20:00 H Middlesbrough PREM 3-1 51,252 TB MR

Sat 16 15:00 H Fulham PREM 0-1 52,114 TB MR

Sun 24 16:00 A Aston Villa PREM 0-1 42,585 TB MR

Shearers 8 games for those that forget! :lol:

Not a lot many of blokes could have done with that!

What people who don't understand football fail to grasp is that team moral is 90% of the battle. Honestly it is. See Wimbledon they came up roughly the same time me dad used to start taking me about 86 ish give or take a year, and if it went on ability alone with no feeling, motivation or emotion then in the 15 years they were in the top flight they'd probably have accumulated 10 points a season. Their team spirit and commaraderie won them the Cup. They were all happy. If you come in at a club where the whole spirit of the players is fucked, where there's about 4 cliques within one dressing room, where certain players are probably hoping we go down anyway so they can leave the club with greater ease, you're fucked. Of those eight games as it goes, I blame Howard Webb for our relegation as much as anyone, but regardless if Shearer is the grumpiest aloof prick in the history of human activity, you can't turn around and blame him for our relegation or brand his managerial and motivational skills as worthless. You can say he's unproven, but you can't justifiably say he's fuckin pish without question based on those 8 games.

Spot on Stevie - I'm not the bloke's biggest fan but people who don't see that it was a lost cause due to morale and would have been almost miraculous if he had succeeded are fucking blind imo.

I think its an opinion. :lol: Given theres a 50% chance of one of us being right, I aint losing any sleep over the sheep, Ba'iiiiinnnnngggggg

This is right out of the 'It'll eifer happin or it won't' school of probability. Class.

I think anyone that had come in for those 8 games would have struggled to motivate. Certain sections of the forst team had already made their mid up they were going to fuck off so nothing was going to change that. For example, you can't tell me Owen and his representatives weren't working on that dossier well in advance of us getting relegated.

The fans are already protesting! :lol:

mcleish-banner.jpg

MCLOIISH NOOT WILCOOM

UR YOW TAKING THU PEESS? YOW'VE ROOINED MUI COOPA SOAP NOW. MUI FAVRITE FLOIVUR TOO-DEENAR.

I really don't uderstand Randy's boner for Alex, other than he's probably a cheaper option than the Spanish waiter, Hughes etc. If he took Villa down, the 20012/13 season could be very busy for West Midlands police. Coventry, Brum, Vile and possibly Wolves in the same division.

The fans are already protesting! :lol:

mcleish-banner.jpg

MCLOIISH NOOT WILCOOM

UR YOW TAKING THU PEESS? YOW'VE ROOINED MUI COOPA SOAP NOW. MUI FAVRITE FLOIVUR TOO-DEENAR.

I really don't uderstand Randy's boner for Alex, other than he's probably a cheaper option than the Spanish waiter, Hughes etc. If he took Villa down, the 20012/13 season could be very busy for West Midlands police. Coventry, Brum, Vile and possibly Wolves in the same division.

but wouldn't it be nice, we could ask them who their next messiah would be :lol:

Hughes is surely a better option than McLeish? Manager of their local rivals who's got them relegated twice - you can understand why the Villa fans are less than enthusiastic. Not that I've any sympathy for them.

• 1 month later...

Towards the end of Gullit's reign, and before being dropped against Sunderland, was Shearer working very hard on the pitch. Or was he strolling around with a miserable look on his face, not trying at all?

I post this thread, so that Shearer is given a fair hearing.

If there are people who clearly saw that Shearer was as keyed-up as always, in that period, then this is their chance to come forward, as witnesses for Shearer.

Shearer wasnt himself but then that was down to the way he, Rob Lee and others were being treat by the manager not the fact he just wasnt trying.

Id rather have an Alan Shearer trying for 50% of the time than any of the we have now.

We all knew things weren't perfect between Gullit and Shearer.

But at least Gullit ranted furiously in his post-match interview about Shearer getting sent off. Very probably an olive branch to Shearer.

Shearer's attitude stank in the final weeks before Gullit was sacked, and of course he had to be dropped - Gullit wasn't perfect, but he came from the strange world of football, where you drop players that aren't trying.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

We all knew things weren't perfect between Gullit and Shearer.

But at least Gullit ranted furiously in his post-match interview about Shearer getting sent off. Very probably an olive branch to Shearer.

Shearer's attitude stank in the final weeks before Gullit was sacked, and of course he had to be dropped - Gullit wasn't perfect, but he came from the strange world of football, where you drop players that aren't trying.

Gullit signed a few players who didn't "try" Nick man