Good News, 2 £80 million bids accepted

Christmas Tree

Meanwhile, the takeover of the Toon moved a massive step closer on Friday night when two groups had £80million bids accepted. Two parties - one American influenced and one North East-led - have matched broker Seymour Pierce's valuation of the club.

A further £20m will have to be paid if Newcastle can get promoted back to the Premier League.

The identity of the groups remains so secret that even Mike Ashley - the owner set to lose £150m from his ill-fated two years in charge - does not even know who they are.

A source said: "It is getting very close but it is so sensitive that the identities have to remain secret.

"They have both proved they have the funding to take over and the process is speeding up. There could be a third or a fourth bid early this week, but those two are at the front."

A deal could be struck by the end of the week - but the club's wage bill will be slashed from £75m to £30m for Toon's debut in the Championship.

Obafemi Martins, on £4m a year, could be heading to either Hamburg or Schalke 04, and £3m-a-year Fabricio Coloccini could go to Sevilla. At least 10 other players will also go by August. The deals could bring in £12m.

/quote]

A further £20m will have to be paid if Newcastle can get promoted back to the Premier League.

On what fucking grounds? Don't see why Ashley should benefit any more if the next imcumbent proves successful where he wasn't :icon_lol:

On what fucking grounds? Don't see why Ashley should benefit any more if the next imcumbent proves successful where he wasn't :icon_lol:

He really wanted to get 100 million that bad for the club he has put a clause in to get the other 20 on top of the 80 ha ha the checkey fat seaty cunt.....!

If it does stay like that and by some miracle we get promoted back up next season, I'll deffinitly have mixed emmotions :icon_lol:

Like people say, as long as hes gone I'll feel a lot happier. The £20m clause though is a worry. What happens if whoever takes over isnt some oil rich arab or multi billionaire software magante? What happens if they are careful, plan things out and work hard to get us promoted a la Stoke, Hull, Wigan type of clubs? We manage to go up in a couple of seasons time and suddenly we're £20m out of pocket.

Not a good start to Premiership life!

£80m damn! its £5m more than we were raising by all putting in £375 looks like we'll have to refund everyone...... now then Barclay, Barclay Ive got a cheque here for a Patrick Barclay?

Like people say, as long as hes gone I'll feel a lot happier. The £20m clause though is a worry. What happens if whoever takes over isnt some oil rich arab or multi billionaire software magante? What happens if they are careful, plan things out and work hard to get us promoted a la Stoke, Hull, Wigan type of clubs? We manage to go up in a couple of seasons time and suddenly we're £20m out of pocket.

Not a good start to Premiership life!

£80m damn! its £5m more than we were raising by all putting in £375 looks like we'll have to refund everyone...... now then Barclay, Barclay Ive got a cheque here for a Patrick Barclay?

It's all my fault. I told you that whisky bottle contained £375, yet I knew it only had £370 in it. Sorrry everyone.