Getting Rid of Redundant Software

snakehips

Trying to get rid of redundant HP software in a pc (we're still having probs installing the fucking printer/copier/scanner and have got as far as loading everything, but when trying to scan it comes up with 'An unexpected internal error blah blah blah').

We have tried the usual Remove/Uninstall Program feature in an attempt to get rid of some redundant shite from old HP printers that we suspect may be causing a problem. However, the stuff just wont go!!

Is there another way of uninstalling shite from a pc??

Scratchy heed time. Tried looking on HP website for something to help - couldn't see owt. Downloaded the ZSoft program but that didn't seem to help; it may have done something in removing the shite, but the legends are still there on the install/uninstall list!

We have uninstalled and re-installed the software for this fuckin printer so many times yet we can still not get the scanner to work. Whenever we press 'Scan Document' we get the 'Unusual Internal Error experience' window and asked to try again, re-boot, re-install etc etc.

It's a reasonably good machine, so we can't figure out what's up.

Anyone with any ideas ????

Trying to get rid of redundant HP software in a pc (we're still having probs installing the fucking printer/copier/scanner and have got as far as loading everything, but when trying to scan it comes up with 'An unexpected internal error blah blah blah').

We have tried the usual Remove/Uninstall Program feature in an attempt to get rid of some redundant shite from old HP printers that we suspect may be causing a problem. However, the stuff just wont go!!

Is there another way of uninstalling shite from a pc??

This is one of the reasons why reinstalling windows every year or so can be a good idea. But yes if a company's drivers are a bit.....er... technically problematic..... usually they'll have some removal software knocking about somewhere (although even that rarely puts everything back as it should be).

If you're still having problems Snakey, you might want to look at Revo Uninstaller (Clicky).

Canny good imo, especially for freeware. Also includes a few nice tools saves you hacking your registry about.

There's even a portable version that you can slap on a USB stick, saves installing it on different machines.

Downloaded the Revo and it seems good. We uninstalled all shite related to HP.

We then tried to install the printer/scanner using the disc and half way through we got a window telling us file HP Zsuis.sys was missing !!! All the software downloaded to the pc but the drivers for the printer/scanner did not! We then downloaded the drivers for the printer/scanner from HP website to see if that would overcome the problem. No such luck.

This is driving us to distraction.

We then tried to install the printer/scanner using the disc and half way through we got a window telling us file HP Zsuis.sys was missing !!! All the software downloaded to the pc but the drivers for the printer/scanner did not! We then downloaded the drivers for the printer/scanner from HP website to see if that would overcome the problem. No such luck.

Cant understand it :rolleyes: a clean install should work, even if the file is corrupted on ur system or the cd, downloading it direct from there website should sort it. Whats the model name and serial number of the printer?

Cant understand it :rolleyes: a clean install should work, even if the file is corrupted on ur system or the cd, downloading it direct from there website should sort it. Whats the model name and serial number of the printer?

HP Photosmart C5188. Nothing marked Serial Number as such, but is possibly MY74RN30Q2.

Not sure if this is the problem u were describing with the scan?

HP ERROR 1706

Could also take a look at the FAQ's

FAQS

Cheers, FM. We'll have a look at it tomorrow as it's getting late here.

I'll let you know.

NP, theres bound to be summit on there that will sort ur problem out, looks quite useful, if all else fails, contact HP

Okay, panic over. At last!

Contacted HP and they gave us instructions on how to do some sort of 'Level 4' clean. Then re-installed the shite and, hey presto, it all worked as normal.

Thanks for your help lads. No doubt I'll be in touch again with more IT problems shortly :rolleyes::)

Come to think of it, why wont my Mozilla accept plug in downloads ?? eg I can't see the countdown to the next match on the home page here and downloading the necessary plug in doesn't work. Hmmmm

Contacted HP and they gave us instructions on how to do some sort of 'Level 4' clean. Then re-installed the shite and, hey presto, it all worked as normal.

Thanks for your help lads. No doubt I'll be in touch again with more IT problems shortly :rolleyes::)

Come to think of it, why wont my Mozilla accept plug in downloads ?? eg I can't see the countdown to the next match on the home page here and downloading the necessary plug in doesn't work. Hmmmm

Try the one from here -

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Thanks for your help lads. No doubt I'll be in touch again with more IT problems shortly :lol::(

Is Marvellous Marvin any good with fixing printers?

Thanks for your help lads. No doubt I'll be in touch again with more IT problems shortly :lol::(

He's worse than I am!! He's a complet Luddite. He's ace at lovemakin', but shite at IT :lol:

He's worse than I am!! He's a complet Luddite. He's ace at lovemakin', but shite at IT :unsure:

:lol: