• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff's goal on the last game of the season, away to Aston Villa

:lol:

Seriously though, Edgars goal against Man U was pretty nice

Milner's goal in the same game.

Robbie Elliott and his chicken dance against Arsenal/Man City.

Dyer away to Everton when he ran the pitch.

Also, Solano, away to Charlton, where he was praising Bellamy after the goal.

Parker scored a screamwer against them too for us.

I'm sure Dabizas had about 6-7 crackers , too.

Wasn't Batty's goal before Beckhams?

I don't think so. Beckham's was first game of the season iirc.

Ye it was!

Batty's was the Wednesday following Beckham's on the opening saturday.

Batty scored a few sweet ones: the one in the Fenton Blackburn game, the volley against Villa.

Robert to make it 3-1 at Arsenal and Solano to make it 4-3 at Leeds were the two goals that combined to make my favourite ever week watching Newcastle United.

I remember Gary Speed's opening goal at the second 1-2 Sunderland game being one of the most loudly celebrated. I think most people felt that after a year of shit from mackems banging on about the first 1-2 we, with Bobby in charge instead of mental Ruud, were going to smash them three or four. We would have too, had Acuna not fucked up that headed chance a few minutes later to make it 2-0.

The game against Sunderland a year later was, despite the fact we only drew, one of my favourite ever. Even though they scored first, it was obvious as soon as we equalisied that we'd grown a class above them over summer and that realisation coupled with the noise when Shearer returned felt immensly cathartic, as if Daglish and Gullit's legacies were being washed away in front of our eyes. I remember Solano had a sitter in the last minute which he hit weakly at their keeper; we've beaten them many times since, of course, but at that point it had been a while and I still regret that missed chance, if only for losing that moment of what would have been magnificant, and highly bruising, carnage.

Em, goals: Ferdinand against Villa in '96 when things were starting to get really tense, Bellamy's deflected winner against Everton (which always gets forgotten because of Shearer's equaliser but, as I remember it, got a way louder crowd reaction). Jenas against Man. Utd.

Edited by chris