Would you OBJECT If Kevin Keegan was brought back???

Florencita

Would you OBJECT If Kevin Keegan was brought back???  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make the ''unpopular'' post and say I wouldn't want him back in a million years. Like that bloke in that prison on Minority Report said, ''if you dig up the past all you get is dirty''.

I'm fucking sick to death of the circus and I want to take the club seriously again. Ashley has killed Keegan off for good for me.

Nobody wanted it to turn out like this but it has. We need a fresh start and a fresh approach.

Keegan back? Not for me...

In fact I didn't want him back in the first place till it was announced.

Are you just dis-agreeing just for the sake of it??? :rolleyes:

No, I'm just not an utter spastic like some.

You will find that the majority of people didn't want Allardyce out in the first place anyway and most people had their eyes cast on about 5 or 6 other managers before Keegan was announced - which of course we were over the moon with but how couldn't we be?

You can't be serious! :)

Apart from maybe shearer WHO ELSE would you actually want to see at Newcastle???

Please lets not start with the Paul Jewel rubbish!!

Curbishley for a start. Coppell would do a good job. I wouldn't be too opposed to Dowie on his own as he has had previous success in getting a team promoted.

There's an absolute load of managers that could do a great job, it's harder to attract them now that we aren't in the top flight but there's still quite a few managers out there.

Don't be so narrow minded or such a shit wind up merchant.

Another WUM?

or an idiot

or quite possibly a journalist gone undercover desperate for "keegan=messiah" quotes from newcastle fans to prove we actually say it and its not just some bullshit thing SSN say everytime they mention him

I love Keegan. Proper love him. He's done more for my team than anyone else in my lifetime.

I kind of agree with J69, that the whole world would rip the shit out of us but fuck them, who cares what they think? But on the other hand the pressure and media glare would be that intense, just goading and waiting for him to blow up that it would have a detrimental effect on the side. I think our best option is to see what happens with Shearer. If it works out, great, if it doesn't we can move on. No one else can succeed here until Shearer has failed.

To be honest, Keegan is probably the best manager we could get at the moment. And would I object to him coming back? I'd welcome him with open arms.

But do I want him to come back? It's nice to dream about, but in the cold light of day we need a fresh start. If he was announced tomorrow (as long as we're doing hypotheticals, let's say Ashley and crew dropped off the face of the earth too) I'd be ecstatic. But being realistic, I think his time here is over. Cut cruelly short before it was meant to be, but over nonetheless. So no, I wouldn't object, but no, I'm not going to be starting up www.keeganforthetoon.com anytime soon.

He's the past, he's better off with Southampton or wherever he goes next. He was good the first time round, average the next, and if you think he is the best you can do, you are in trouble. If you get a new owner and satble finances, there are many more who'd happily join up.

I think it would be fucking hilarious and brilliant if he came back.

Jesus Christ it would be worth just to see this spacka

Say he does come back... what do we do come November when we aren't scoring 5 goals a game and worse the new tiles in the dressing room aren't the right shade of grey for King Kev and he leaves again?!! :rolleyes:

explode

I can sort of understand those idots who know nothing about football, less about Newcastle and spout tabloid gibberish as fact might think KK lasts less than a month in every job. You've got no excuse you craphound. I bet you think he bought his way out of the first division as well you ignorant wank

When he was here as a player he was magnificent, going to the match was a joy. HIs first stint as manager lasting a pathetic 5 years gave me the best football I have ever seen, and his recent stint made me look forward to the games in a way I hadnt for years. I have every confidence he would get us playing get us promoted and make us proud again

Shame its not going to happen

To be honest, Keegan is probably the best manager we could get at the moment. And would I object to him coming back? I'd welcome him with open arms.

But do I want him to come back? It's nice to dream about,

At the moment I'm dreaming of a fresh start.

When he was here as a player he was magnificent, going to the match was a joy. HIs first stint as manager lasting a pathetic 5 years gave me the best football I have ever seen, and his recent stint made me look forward to the games in a way I hadnt for years. I have every confidence he would get us playing get us promoted and make us proud again

Shame its not going to happen

Exactamundo.

I think it would be fucking hilarious and brilliant if he came back.

Jesus Christ it would be worth just to see this spacka

Say he does come back... what do we do come November when we aren't scoring 5 goals a game and worse the new tiles in the dressing room aren't the right shade of grey for King Kev and he leaves again?!! :rolleyes:

explode

I can sort of understand those idots who know nothing about football, less about Newcastle and spout tabloid gibberish as fact might think KK lasts less than a month in every job. You've got no excuse you craphound. I bet you think he bought his way out of the first division as well you ignorant wank

Ive been thr through all that but imo you will never get that back, it was a golden era in our clubs history and it was down to a chain of events, sir john hall, kevin keegan and a new start for english football, the premier lge wasnt that old at the time and it was possible to break into the top half, now its a different story, what we done in the 90s will never happen again Shame its not going to happen

dont want him back, the guy is a hero but has already walked out on the club twice. Wouldn't be pissed off or anything, but hes had two cracks at it here, time for him and us to move on.

Although I was delighted that he was brought back I had the gut feeling that it would end in tears, and it did, although I can't foot too much blame at Keegan for walking, but now I feel that it is time to move on, Keegan has a fantastic chapter in the history of this club but we've moved on from that page now, time for someone else to take the club forward.

Ive been thr through all that but imo you will never get that back, it was a golden era in our clubs history and it was down to a chain of events, sir john hall, kevin keegan and a new start for english football, the premier lge wasnt that old at the time and it was possible to break into the top half, now its a different story, what we done in the 90s will never happen again Shame its not going to happen

thats what i meant to say in a quote thing lol

Say he does come back... what do we do come November when we aren't scoring 5 goals a game and worse the new tiles in the dressing room aren't the right shade of grey for King Kev and he leaves again?!! :)

:rolleyes:

dont want him back, the guy is a hero but has already walked out on the club twice. Wouldn't be pissed off or anything, but hes had two cracks at it here, time for him and us to move on.

He hasn't walked out of the club, he's walked out of impossible situations.

Although I was delighted that he was brought back I had the gut feeling that it would end in tears, and it did, although I can't foot too much blame at Keegan for walking, but now I feel that it is time to move on, Keegan has a fantastic chapter in the history of this club but we've moved on from that page now, time for someone else to take the club forward.

Pretty much how I feel. Not interested in raking over why he left, time to move on.